Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New Rebates for Feb??

Hi, All:

I'm teetering on the brink re: snatching a K10D body before the end of January rebates....

Does anyone know if another round of rebates will be offered? Will the K10D be part of it?

I could use to wait until Feb to pull the trigger, but I'd hate to miss out on the 100 dollars off...

Anyone have some word on this?

Regards,

germar

01-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #2

I have been wondering the same thing about the rebates (for the lenses, not the camera). Does someone here work for a store or something and have access to this information?
01-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Germar,
You better get in gear and buy that K10D while you can get it for any price. B & H has already raised the price and that's not a good sign. Buydig and beach, good online sellers, still have the body only for $609 but my bet is that will be disapearing very quickly.
01-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Germar,
You better get in gear and buy that K10D while you can get it for any price. B & H has already raised the price and that's not a good sign. Buydig and beach, good online sellers, still have the body only for $609 but my bet is that will be disapearing very quickly.
@regken:

Wow... your advice pulled the trigger, Ken. Scratch one k10d from Beach's inventory! I wanted to do it, I just needed that little *push*

regards,

germar

01-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #5

Man should have used shop.com and used the win25 code. You could get an extra $25 off. total after MIR $484
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by cajuncutter Quote
Man should have used shop.com and used the win25 code. You could get an extra $25 off. total after MIR $484
DONT use shop.com at this point. It takes them 2 days before they forward the order to beach camera, and the last thing you want is your order date to show 2/1. I ordered a 43/1.9 from beach camera through shop.com on thursday; order went to beach on monday; got my lens today!

ankit
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ankit Quote
DONT use shop.com at this point. It takes them 2 days before they forward the order to beach camera, and the last thing you want is your order date to show 2/1. I ordered a 43/1.9 from beach camera through shop.com on thursday; order went to beach on monday; got my lens today!

ankit
I had the same experience. I found out it is because there are only 2 people at beach camera that handle the shop.com orders and both of them had Friday off, so they weren't in until Monday. It wasn't shop.com's fault, it was beach camera's because they only have 2 people to handle the orders. I told shop.com they should say something to beach camera, because knowing this in the future I will just go straight to them, they will ship it a lot faster.

01-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If Beach/BuyDig runs out...

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Germar,
...then the next best deal that I've been able to find is at Abe's of Maine. They have the K10D body for $649.95 including a free 1G SD card and free shipping.

If I had the money, I'd go ahead and order now. At this point, the earliest I might be able to order a new one is late next week (I get paid next Fri.), then I'll most certainly be going to Beach/BuyDig. If that doesn't work out, then I'll check on Abe's.

Heather
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
I had the same experience. I found out it is because there are only 2 people at beach camera that handle the shop.com orders and both of them had Friday off, so they weren't in until Monday. It wasn't shop.com's fault, it was beach camera's because they only have 2 people to handle the orders. I told shop.com they should say something to beach camera, because knowing this in the future I will just go straight to them, they will ship it a lot faster.
That might be part of the reason. But I had the same experience with my camera order a couple of weeks back (ordered on saturday, and beach only got it on wednesday). When I called shop.com, I was told that since the order is for more than $500, they have to manually authorize it and that takes 1-2 days.

Back on-topic. No updates on rebates for feb? That 70/2.4 is calling me but i have no cash
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
...then the next best deal that I've been able to find is at Abe's of Maine. They have the K10D body for $649.95 including a free 1G SD card and free shipping.

If I had the money, I'd go ahead and order now. At this point, the earliest I might be able to order a new one is late next week (I get paid next Fri.), then I'll most certainly be going to Beach/BuyDig. If that doesn't work out, then I'll check on Abe's.

Heather
Just so you know, Abe's doesn't have the best of ratings with resellerratings.com; not the worst, but not the best. Not in the same class as Adorama and B&H (to mention a couple).

Abe's of Maine Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

Of course, YMMV.
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
Just so you know, Abe's doesn't have the best of ratings with resellerratings.com; not the worst, but not the best. Not in the same class as Adorama and B&H (to mention a couple).

Abe's of Maine Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

Of course, YMMV.
They seem to be a "real" store -- not just scammers. But they also seem to have no qualms about selling returns as new and other such slightly-questionable practices.
01-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #12
Red

Thanks for the heads up on shop.com, I was just about to order. Ordered directly from Beach, $609 no tax and free shipping.

Brightened my holidays to the tune of $175
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #13

$175? Don't understand. You must have orderd some of the other accessories.
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by ankit Quote

ankit
Ordered mine Last Friday evening and had order confermation on Sat. Mailed out Fed-X ground Monday and will be here tomorrow. NJ to Louisiana. 1 day difference for $25 was worth it. I won't even get to play with it tomorrow much any way.
01-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #15
Red

QuoteOriginally posted by cajuncutter Quote
$175? Don't understand. You must have orderd some of the other accessories.
Yep, the 360fgz and the 40mm