Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ugh to buy or not to but a DA* 50-135! Will they announce a 50-135 DC??? Will it be priced similarly??? If I buy a current 50-135 and it fails in the future will they replace it with a DC??? ... I can't handle the pressure.

08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
Ugh to buy or not to but a DA* 50-135! Will they announce a 50-135 DC??? Will it be priced similarly??? If I buy a current 50-135 and it fails in the future will they replace it with a DC??? ... I can't handle the pressure.
They said that DC is generally going to be used in non-star lenses, and seeing that there's nothing on the lens roadmap, I'd say no, it won't be replaced any time soon.

B&H has just posted a page containing all the rebates: these will go live tomorrow (September 1st).

Pentax Dslr + lens instant rebates. | B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They said that DC is generally going to be used in non-star lenses, and seeing that there's nothing on the lens roadmap, I'd say no, it won't be replaced any time soon.
It is interesting that they chose alot of SDM lens for the price reduction. I'm still hoping this means SDM II is around the corner. Even a minor motor re-design/upgrade would be viewed as a positive move. Now if the minor motor re-design/upgrade could be retrofitted to older lenses, that would be a home run.

Regarding DC, it does look to be faster than SDM to me.
08-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
Regarding DC, it does look to be faster than SDM to me.
Not sure about which is faster but the 18-135 has lighter glass and parts than the 50-135... so maybe that's why it's faster...? In any case, I believe the "High Magnification Zoom" in the lens roadmap will also have a DC motor in it

08-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yep, 18-135 has very short focus throw, so no wonder it focusses fast.