Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K20D & No Press Pentax UK Site

I have noticed there seems to be no mention of the new cameras on pentax uk website, not even a press release which is pretty poor so I wrote and complained:

I don't think your doing a very good job of keeping up to date with current announcements, as you have absolutely no mention of the new up coming pentax cameras the k20D & k200D these have been splashed all over uk magazines but there's no mention of it on the pentax uk website!!! Pull yourself together guys!

Will be interesting to see what they have to say!

01-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I found some info

well i did find a mention in the end under press releases folder but it should be under news surely as it is news and has been splashed over the magazines etc
01-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

"Store Closed, Gone Fishing..."
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
I have noticed there seems to be no mention of the new cameras on pentax uk website, not even a press release which is pretty poor so I wrote and complained:

I don't think your doing a very good job of keeping up to date with current announcements, as you have absolutely no mention of the new up coming pentax cameras the k20D & k200D these have been splashed all over uk magazines but there's no mention of it on the pentax uk website!!! Pull yourself together guys!

This should be relayed to Pentax Japan, Germany, America and Hoya!!!!

01-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
This should be relayed to Pentax Japan, Germany, America and Hoya!!!!
So that they close down Pentax UK and more bodies & lenses for the rest of the world?

01-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #6

Wasn't there some speculation Pentax UK pulled the announcement of the site after Samsung announced the GX-20 for £200 less?
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #7

Not to mention the Samsung price comes with a kit lens, the Pentax £899 price is body only, so the difference would be nearer £300!

01-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Unlocker Quote
Not to mention the Samsung price comes with a kit lens, the Pentax £899 price is body only, so the difference would be nearer £300!
This even more of a reason to phone hoya and sort something out quickly preferably on the day of announcement so people dont start slating pentax for being £300 more but they do over extra things that samsung do but it is all just firmware.

It hasn't stopped them from putting a japanese pentax site together for the k20d!!!

Do they not care about us brits!?
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote

For what it is worth, this is what I left on the UK Pentax Forum:

IF PENTAX UK VANISHED WOULD ANYONE NOTICE?
Or to put it another way - is Pentax UK the most dozy and lifeless Pentax office in the world? As someone else wrote once in a similar context, if silence is a mask for unease then (Pentax UK) must be in a state of panic.

A couple of months ago I contacted their press and PR representatives asking a simple question about who to send some information to. Result - silence.

I contacted Pentax UK directly asking the same question. Result - silence.

I see now, days after the K20D and K200D announcements, that Pentax UK persists in the belief that the most recent Pentax DSLR announced is the Grand Prix edition of the K10D. I see they also think that the best award they have received of late (on their DSLR page) is Novice Camera of the year 2007.

I wonder how Hoya will react when they discover that having their products marketed and supported in the UK is like being represented by a petrified forest.

If anyone from Pentax UK management has roused themselves from their slumbers for long enough to browse this forum, please read and inwardly digest this message: If you want to start enhancing your market share, do wake up and try a bit harder.
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was wondering what the deal was with Pentax UK. I thought that would be one market they would focus on for the announcement of their news cameras and lenses. When the K10D was announced they put out a K10D brochure just for the UK market. Surely they would have have full out coverage of the new products coming out soon... Wrong, asleep at the wheel, and one the wrong side of the road too
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #11

I know some body who would be perfect to take over uk Pentax, yes, it's none other than Codiac2600, he knows the brand in and out, can design website, work hard as hell, very customer service oriented (he sent me and a lot of other people the k10 cheat sheet); he kind of young but so what?
01-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #12
Veteran Member

At least, they did send a prototype camera to Phil for preview at dpreview.
02-01-2008, 01:56 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At least you guys have a Pentax site! The Aussie site is slow too. It has the press release, but that's it.

I had to go to the Japanese site to get the specifications in real units (mm and g).
02-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #14

BTW has anybody found the English version of the K20D catalogue?

It's available in German since January 23, but I was unable to find the English version.
02-01-2008, 02:48 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
BTW has anybody found the English version of the K20D catalogue?
Here:

http://www.pentaxslr.com/pdf/k20.k200brochure.spread.pdf

I spotted at least one error: the AF Adjustment menu photo put under K200D was wrong.