Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2012, 04:41 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
Maybe the K3 will have 24MP APSC with 12FPS and 102000 ISO and have a buffer and write speed to match the dual XQD card slot, and be able to shoot in crop mode like just about every other decent make out there?? There's always hope.... ))
12FPS...
I hope they raise the RAW file buffer limit.
Otherwise we'll be stuck with a 1.7s burst mode.

09-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
12FPS...
I hope they raise the RAW file buffer limit.
Otherwise we'll be stuck with a 1.7s burst mode.
That's really funny! Amazing new FPS rate and a tiny buffer... Mwah ha ha ha ha
09-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Although I have no belief that a FF is coming this year, and probably not even in 2013 - to me, an APS-C makes very little sense. Think about it, how darn good will it have to be to justify the price over the K-30, which is a freakin' unbelievable camera at its price bracket - like, let's face it, it's basically a K-5, in a slightly smaller and not as robust body. I know there are other differences but for most people... it's the same. So to me, a "flagship" would only make sense if it had a bigger sensor... So I agree with what's been said earlier... I don't care if it's 68 MP, or even if it has great ISO performance - yawn.
09-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote
Although I have no belief that a FF is coming this year, and probably not even in 2013 - to me, an APS-C makes very little sense. Think about it, how darn good will it have to be to justify the price over the K-30, which is a freakin' unbelievable camera at its price bracket - like, let's face it, it's basically a K-5, in a slightly smaller and not as robust body. I know there are other differences but for most people... it's the same. So to me, a "flagship" would only make sense if it had a bigger sensor... So I agree with what's been said earlier... I don't care if it's 68 MP, or even if it has great ISO performance - yawn.
So, are you saying a Canon 7D makes no sense?

Pity for all those folks who bought one...

09-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
That's really funny! Amazing new FPS rate and a tiny buffer... Mwah ha ha ha ha
Well, since it supposed to have half the mp of the 645D it should have double the frame rate! What does that make it? 2.2fps? :-P
09-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #96
Veteran Member

But the most important question is... Are there any pictures of the K3 yet?
09-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
So, are you saying a Canon 7D makes no sense?

Pity for all those folks who bought one...
Aren't all the current Canon Aps-c cameras running essentially the same sensor right now? The T4i, Eos-M, 60D, the older T3i, am I missing any other recent Canon aps-c cameras? Currently the best sensors on the market are Sony's so I don't blame Pentax for sticking with the 16 mp Exmor sensor. They have engineering and programing experience with it from the K-5 and the K-01. Look at what they were able to build upon with the K-x sensor from the Nikon D90. So 16 mp isn't the biggest number in the market, but the dr and iso performance is nothing short of amazing even when looking at the current new releases. Only the Nikon D800 series beats it now. The Canon 5DMKIII is better at iso performance, and portrait depth, but dr is still higher with the K-5. Remember when people said that the K-5 will be outclassed when the new FFs would come out, I don't think it's outclassed or beaten. The Nikon D800 is an upscaled 16 mp exmor aps-c sensor at the 35mm size...

So is aps-c "yawn" I don't think so. The gear that one would have to bring for an FF sensor camera would be much larger than an aps-c camera for many people. I went on vacation to Asia with a Domke 803 and 3 lenses and my K-r. I could not imagine my camera bag size if I had something the size of a 5DmkIII or D800 and even just 3 lenses. I think that a pro/semi-pro grade aps-c is necessary in the lineup. If Canon and Nikon thought that aps-c is dead, then why did the 7D get new life via firmware? Why is the D7000 not discontinued? D600 is a inbetween step between D7000 and D800 that serves to increase market share for them as they fight Canon and milcs.

just my .02

09-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #98
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Aren't all the current Canon Aps-c cameras running essentially the same sensor right now?
The new 18MP Canon sensors have phase detect AF built-in to the sensor - it's not on a separate AF sensor.
09-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #99
Inactive Account

Not much more waiting now! K300 and K3 would make a great addition to the K30, remember the K30 did drop a few things from the K5 so a higher end model at a similar price to the K5 when it was released would be great.
Don't see a release of any FF till 2013. Look out for some kind of prototype. All this combined with DA560, Q2 and 645DII would really make a statement that Pentax is back in business!
09-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #100

QuoteOriginally posted by demp10 Quote
Very interesting.

The Samyang is a manual focus lens so I have to select the focal length in the menu. Since it shows in the menu to be selected and I get the focal length populated correctly in the files, I would assume that the camera system is capable of storing and transmitting less than 10mm numbers.

It sounds like a software error reading the data coming out of the Sigma lens as you zoom in and out and when the focal length changes from 2 digits to 1. It could be as much an issue with Pentax reading the data incorrectly, or Sigma transmitting incorrect format for single-digit focal lengths.
Yes it has to be input manually - I totally forgot - but even more so, there is the option to input 8 mm but camera cannot get this same number from the lens. Pentax has no current lenses below 10 mm, but others do - to most extreme Sigma 4,5 mm fisheye, (although I do not remember whether it is even available on K-mount)...
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Maybe the first 7 announcements are for DELAYs of some kind, the 8th is for the PRODUCT itself (24MP) and the 9th is for apologizing for the near FIASCO!!!
Hilarious!
09-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #102
Veteran Member

I was sure hoping for a different sensor than the 24 sony. It's not as good as the 16 thats is in the K-5 now.
09-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I was sure hoping for a different sensor than the 24 sony. It's not as good as the 16 thats is in the K-5 now.
And you base that on tests that were done with the a translucent mirror camera that steals 2/3 f-stops of light?
09-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was beginning to wonder whether we got *any* leaks prior to the announcement.

Actually, glad that it is a APS-C body, unless there were a bunch of new FF lens announcements. Be interested to see the shape.
I just hope we see an updated sealed premium standard F2.8 lens without SDM (DC would be fine).
While we are at it, where is the sealed wide prime to go with the 55mm....?

And +1 on the QC. I am glad I still have my K-7 - I've had none of the issues that have plagued the K-5.

Last edited by Clarkey; 09-04-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: sentence correction.
09-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I was beginning to wonder whether we got *any* leaks prior to the announcement.
Leaks? Where?
I expect the reality to be quite different than the rumors