09-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Exactly ! 4 hrs of 5th left and nothing

5th just started here. Its 11AM atm.

09-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What makes you think ogl can't be wrong, even if he (supposedly) got some valid information in some time?
Who? Me? I don't think he can't be wrong. I was just whishfull thinking out loud.
09-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote
5th just started here. Its 11AM atm.
Here it's just 6 hours before September 5th ends...
09-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #109
Pentaxian

...Here we are pressing F5 every 5 minutes...

09-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Nice troll anyway
09-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BeerBelly Quote
There was a comment on the FB Pentax Croatia page on monday made by a company representative that suggested there won't be a FF revealed. Fans were trying to get more information from the representative and he commented that he has to warn us that the most expected product won't arrive this fall but there are interesting products to be announced.
yes, I've seen that too. that sucks, but then again, it was to be expected. If they give us a 24MP k-3 with improved AF, peaking and a tilt screen, I wouldnt care for the FF. A new standard zoom would be icing on the cake, but I doubt I'll see that
09-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #112

antici...................................................pation

Hey, here in Australia the 5th of September is almost over and no announcements! I dare say these announcements would otherwise have been left for Photokina in 2 weeks time. Just cannot keep a secret. Personally, I would be happy for fewer but better announcements.Would dearly love Pentax to come out with something to lead the pack instead of following like they have been doing of late(with some notable exceptional features that Pentax have not been crowing about.) Given it is Photokina time, that time of year that all the manufacturers try to have something new in each category of camera, 9 announcements is to be expected. Personally, I would like a decent mirrorless with 24MP sensor and all the great features of the K5 and more. High speed video and better high ISO performance(for astro) would be nice. Look forward to regular pre- Photokina announcements from most of the competition. Realistically, early announcements are about grabbing media attention before the surge of news . Cannot remember from Photokinas past whether the really big(possible category killer) deals were announced before or during. We should start the betting tote of who is going to have the biggest technology announcement and what might it be.Everyone chucks in ten bucks on their predictions and the closest guess gets the pot of dough to perhaps buy the show stopper. All the usual rules of insiders being ineligible apply.
I will put up a bold prediction that Nikon will announce an entry level curved sensor model with a couple of matching lenses for the system with a promise to bring out more new lenses . The patent application on the curved sensor is a bit under 2 years old- not enough time to produce a full range of matching lenses and refine the megapixelage of the sensor.
09-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #113
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, funny how time zones work, but it is just 6:30 am on September 5th here.

That said, I think Adam's comment brings some sense into the conversation. We know that there are going to be several new products announced this month, some before and probably some during Photokina. None will be a full frame camera, but I would just hope for some clues that Pentax is working on one for release next year.

Truthfully, right now, I am more interested in the new glass that Pentax is working on, than in a new 24 megapixel APS-C camera (even if it has no AA filter).

09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #114
Veteran Member

Well, Pentax Russia says next week :

"Next week will be so rich on releases (9 pieces) that the Pentaxians will proudly raise their heads. Be careful of information after the weekend "

Nine new press releases from Pentax next week! | Photo Rumors
09-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa.....

goo.gl/61krM

(google url shortener because the URL is way too long)
09-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Tadaaaaaaaaaaa.....

goo.gl/61krM

(google url shortener because the URL is way too long)
Saw the title before it loaded
09-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #117

what's in that video?

(blocked in the UK it seems)
09-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
(blocked in the UK it seems)
Don't worry, you have nothing to lose if you can't watch that
09-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #119
Veteran Member

SCNR

The working day is over in Japan, I don't think there's going to be anything happening today.
09-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #120
ogl
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sorry, friends...Next week. But...Pentax Canada (I don't know why) has all photos and specs of new products already. Pentax Russia has only full press-releases today.