Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #76
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
The K5 was trialled and tested and found to be very best amongst it's peers: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/154373-pentax-k-5-exce...ocus-test.html

I believe my own eyes and experience. Not magazines. My camera is correct.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/197362-most-important-questio...ike-k-5-a.html

09-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #77
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Really? My K-5 is waaaay better than my K10d, especially at close to infinity distances, where the K10 simply isn't accurate enough.
My K200D is better than your K10D. If your K-5 is better than your K10D - it doesn't mean that K-5 couldn't be bad in complex and no good light.
09-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #78
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
AF-C tracking objects, af point sensitivity, af prediction speed and accuracy, af CPU speed?

Testing af-s on a still target with high contrast is just a simple way to state that pentax af is good, fast and acurate in that area only. Wich it is, and should be by todays standard. Btw my ist* is more acurate than my k-5 was.
YES. K-5 is the camera of very good shooting condition. My last trip to the woods shows me where AF of K-5 is. I've been travelling to this place for 15 years. K-5 works there like my *ist DS. And even worse. Yes...it's MUCH faster...and AF beeps without any delays..But, when I came back to home - I was shocked with results. Аlthough I made the adjusting of AF before trip and AF was spot on at AF chart.
09-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #79
Inactive Account

Its inconsistent in varying conditions, all cameras are, more or less. Of the cameras i tested Pentax has this, but on the other hand Pentax accuracy and speed in af-s centerpoint under good conditions on static targets is exellent. In the same level as other brands. Switch to af-c and trying to track small children with odd coulored clothes, well... Thats another story.
I never use anything other than af-c in tracking (3D track) with my nikon. My shooting is like that, hence my choice. However, just about everything else is better with Pentax.... Hence... (weird word) my prescence here

09-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
My K200D is better than your K10D. If your K-5 is better than your K10D - it doesn't mean that K-5 couldn't be bad in complex and no good light.
Hmm. I have only had my K-5 since June, so a lot of shooting has been in daylight.... The only times where I've had slight problems have been at around or even below EV 0 in mixed light (candlelight + light from television, for instance), but which AF is really reliable in such conditions? I guess it could depend on the lens - I mainly use DA35Ltd, DA70, DA16-45 and DA55-300.
09-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #81
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I guess it could depend on the lens - I mainly use DA35Ltd, DA70, DA16-45 and DA55-300.
Not fast lenses.
09-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Even if the K5's AF was the very worst of the worst, then it still doesn't justify Pentax putting the (software?)-fix for it in a new body. That way they're basically asking money for a firware upgrade.

09-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Not fast lenses.
Pentax AF doesn't have sensors that utilize faster lenses, so it shouldn't matter.

Even if the K5's AF was the very worst of the worst, then it still doesn't justify Pentax putting the (software?)-fix for it in a new body. That way they're basically asking money for a firware upgrade.
It's not a firmware upgrade.
09-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not fast lenses.
1.4 then? My K5 focusses very wel with my FA 50 1.4. Even in low light conditions. Actually, I think that the FA50 is my fastest focussing lens. And yes it's soft wide-open, but that has very little to do with focussing accuracy.
09-06-2012, 05:21 AM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
If Pentax will not has a clear FF schedule, Pentax is doomed !
What do you just copy paste this from every previous post. As much as I too want to see a FF they are definitely not doomed if one isn't announced at Photokina. Releasing a rush job that has a range of problems and doesn't live up to the competition would "doom" Pentax maybe. not releasing/announcing/telling the competition all there plans in 2 weeks will not "doom" them however.
It will of course generate 2 months of non stop moaning here until a new round of FF rumours arise
09-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #86
ogl
Banned

1.4 then? My K5 focusses very wel with my FA 50 1.4. Even in low light conditions. Actually, I think that the FA50 is my fastest focussing lens. And yes it's soft wide-open, but that has very little to do with focussing accuracy.
I'm happy for you. Download, please, RAW file at f2.8 in low light condition - want to see.
What is the percent of accurate photos with your FA50/1.4? 90%? 50%? 10%?

K-5 focusses very well in ANY light condition. Right. But what is the percent of accurate photos?

Last edited by ogl; 09-06-2012 at 05:31 AM.
09-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #87
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
What do you just copy paste this from every previous post. As much as I too want to see a FF they are definitely not doomed if one isn't announced at Photokina. Releasing a rush job that has a range of problems and doesn't live up to the competition would "doom" Pentax maybe. not releasing/announcing/telling the competition all there plans in 2 weeks will not "doom" them however.
It will of course generate 2 months of non stop moaning here until a new round of FF rumours arise

I didn't not copied and pasted? I just want to express there are many Pentaxians waiting for Pentax's FF year after year !
Is it funny for you?
09-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #88
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm happy for you. Download, please, RAW file at f2.8 in low light condition - want to see.
I have quite a few of my PPG and forum gallery images shot at f/2.8 and thereabouts using the FA 50/1.4 - it wasn't inaccurate in its AF on any one of my cameras, but I never got to use it on my K-5. I cannot see it behaving any differently though. Those images I got from the lens were very favourably sharp and pleasing in result.
09-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #89
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
I didn't not copied and pasted? I just want to express there are many Pentaxians waiting for Pentax's FF year after year !
Is it funny for you?
Pentax FF is planned to be in shops next May... Enjoy waiting
09-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Pentax FF is planned to be in shops next May... Enjoy waiting
Oh man, don't be such a spoilsport... You know it's Pentax's plan to roast all those people until the very end