Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All this makes me wonder how we ever managed doing it manually.

09-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #137
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jiimaa Quote
All this speculation makes my head explode. I have one. I have a strong gut feeling, that Pentax will announce something majestic. A 560mm f/1. It's not a DA*, it's DP* for Diesel Powered. It has a built-in K-0.002 body which is half the size of a truck. Note that it is also a truck. Basically, a pickup truck with giant camera body instead of cabin. Inside it looks like a space shuttle. Every feature the body has, has a dedicated button in the cabin. And it has six wheels. With a giant lens where the front of the truck normally is. So that's one thing. The 7 other things are that 7-speed automatic, and the last is reverse. The engine is also used to operate the focus. It's really quick AF at the 5000-6000rpm range. On the downside, it's still crop sensor.
Wow.

But you forgot to mention the color combinations...
09-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, on a positive note, all this speculation, rumors and discussions do show that the Pentax user-base wants their favorite brand to grow.
09-10-2012, 06:39 AM - 2 Likes   #139
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Not sure it is a hoax but K-5II, K-5IIs and K-3 (and even talk about a K-3s) is highly strange.
If K-5II comes together with a K-3 I think it is less strange if there will be only one K-5II and that one will be without the low pass filter. No K-5II with it.
I think it's very logical given that the K3 is probably going to come in north of $2K USD.

If Pentax didn't re-fresh the K5, then the gap - especially with the feature set - would be too great between a K30 and a K3.

This is a great move by Pentax as it extends the R&D that went into the K7/K5 a few more years, and Pentax gets a better return on it's investment.

It makes me happy in that I have 2 K5s as I doubt the K5II is going to be like the K7 and K5 were.

If there are any new K5s out there, they would probably be one of the all time great values if you could snatch one up.

09-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think it's very logical given that the K3 is probably going to come in north of $2K USD.

If Pentax didn't re-fresh the K5, then the gap - especially with the feature set - would be too great between a K30 and a K3..
I do not disagree with that, something inbetween K-30 and K-3 is more or less necessary but with two of those intermediates there is little room for a K-3. unless the K-5II (non-s) will go the K110D way, just a few bodies for those who like a low pass filter.
Otherwise, with two different K-5II models I do not see a K-3 in near future,
09-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #141
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
I do not disagree with that, something inbetween K-30 and K-3 is more or less necessary but with two of those intermediates there is little room for a K-3. unless the K-5II (non-s) will go the K110D way, just a few bodies for those who like a low pass filter.
Otherwise, with two different K-5II models I do not see a K-3 in near future,
True/maybe unless the overlap of the 2 K5II cameras brings the price points very close to the K3. Two K5II cameras are odd, unless technically, they are only calling the existing K5 a K5II because of the slight updates, and they are really introducing a K5IIs with the low-pass filter removed.

Definitely different. The only thing I can think of is during the K bodies and the M bodies when Pentax used the base model for so many different variations/price points.
09-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #142
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
There is a rumor that RH and Adam are the same person.

Dr. Adam and Mr. High, perhaps?

In that case it must have been rather tough for them when RH was excommunicated from PF.

What I predict with 100% certainty is that on every point where Pentax does not live up to RH's list, he will moan and complain and conclude Pentax is doomed. Even if they replaced one item on his list with a FF, he would complain.
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #143
Site Supporter

If Pentax didn't re-fresh the K5, then the gap - especially with the feature set - would be too great between a K30 and a K3.

This is a great move by Pentax as it extends the R&D that went into the K7/K5 a few more years, and Pentax gets a better return on it's investment.
I think you are right about this. It gives them a three bodies line of APS-C DSLR's, which I think is important. Whatever the middle model would be, it would be pretty close to the current K-5, so upgrading it to a make II makes sense. That wouldn't be the first time in their history, and Canon does it constantly. Of course they could call a K-5 clone something else, but besides some initial issues, the K-5 is the best DSLR Pentax ever made and probably the best APS-C DSLR anyone have made, so the name itself have some value. A K-5 II is a K-5 without any of the initial issues, plus some goodies from the K-01. K-30 and K-3.
There won't be any DSLR below the K-30 because all models below that will be mirror-less, like the K-01.

09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #144
Veteran Member

True/maybe unless the overlap of the 2 K5II cameras brings the price points very close to the K3. Two K5II cameras are odd, unless technically, they are only calling the existing K5 a K5II because of the slight updates, and they are really introducing a K5IIs with the low-pass filter removed.

Definitely different. The only thing I can think of is during the K bodies and the M bodies when Pentax used the base model for so many different variations/price points.
But those times were different. Only possibility is when they make one single K-5II and at the end of the productionline have someone with tweezers, removing the LPF for the K-5IIs.