Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #331
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
How many AF points? Is there focus peaking?
No clue.
There are many areas missing from the spec sheet tbh.

09-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #332
Pentaxian
Raffwal's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 6457' North
Posts: 806
Sorry guys, I'm not impressed. I mean a K-5 is a great camera in many ways and with an improved autofocus it will obviously be even better. But this is probably more or less the camera that the original K-5 should have been to begin with and now they're releasing it two years later and at a higher price. Yawn.
09-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #333
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 348
I thought I would take the time and upgrade my already great k5 into the k5II.

I really hope they do something better tbh, as it stands the k30 would be a much better buy.. although I do love the quite shutter of the k5 . Also looking at what some of the others are doing.. I really hope the spec sheet and images are just a joke like my image (as I painted the II on edit).

Name:  k52.jpg
Views: 10074
Size:  138.4 KB
09-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #334
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Usuqa Quote
I really hope they do something better tbh, as it stands the k30 would be a much better buy.. although I do love the quite shutter of the k5 . Also looking at what some of the others are doing.. I really hope the spec sheet and images are just a joke like my image (as I painted the II on edit).
At this point in the game, anythings possible.
Then again... this is all part of the excitement following the leaks and rumors of product releases.

09-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #335
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
Prime II? That's a shame, the less expensive K-30 will have better video and playback speed. I even expect focus peaking is a Prime M feature.

Perhaps the hardware redesign necessary to replace the Prime II with M was prohibitive.
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #336
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,003
Or perhaps Prime M is limited to 12 bits RAW.
09-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #337
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by Usuqa Quote
I thought I would take the time and upgrade my already great k5 into the k5II.

I really hope they do something better tbh, as it stands the k30 would be a much better buy.. although I do love the quite shutter of the k5 . Also looking at what some of the others are doing.. I really hope the spec sheet and images are just a joke like my image (as I painted the II on edit).

Attachment 140118
I assume the AF is even better than the k-30, if it's SAFOX X
09-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #338
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 85
I believe most of the K-5 users are not interesting on whatever K-5ll, K-5lls or K-5n are.
Pentax just keep on disappointing their supports only !

09-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #339
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
I believe most of the K-5 users are not interesting on whatever K-5ll, K-5lls or K-5n are.
Pentax just keep on disappointing their supports only !
So wait for the k-3...

I am a k-x user, and I think I speak for most k-x/k-r users that have been afraid to get a k-5 because of the reports of AF issues - if the k-5ii has properly improved AF, it's good for us.
09-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #340
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 443
Pentaxians are a tough bunch to please. For the past two years on this forum all I heard about is how the K-5 is a great camera, but it needed better AF. Pentax listen and gave us a K-5 with better AF and we are complaining. Also notice how the price of the new K-5ii is lower at introduction than the original K-5 was at introduction. By the time the K-3 is announced early next year there the price of the K-5ii will have creeper down a little lower. The K-5ii sounds like it will be a really great camera. I might just get one for the improved AF and I already own two K-5 bodies.

Dave
09-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #341
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Pentaxians are a tough bunch to please. For the past two years on this forum all I heard about is how the K-5 is a great camera, but it needed better AF. Pentax listen and gave us a K-5 with better AF and we are complaining. Also notice how the price of the new K-5ii is lower at introduction than the original K-5 was at introduction. By the time the K-3 is announced early next year there the price of the K-5ii will have creeper down a little lower. The K-5ii sounds like it will be a really great camera. I might just get one for the improved AF and I already own two K-5 bodies.

Dave
I agee. We shall see what the full spec sheet says, but this looks like a direct response to the "I love my K-5, but can you improve the AF please?" threads that litter this forum.
09-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #342
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,030
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Pentaxians are a tough bunch to please. For the past two years on this forum all I heard about is how the K-5 is a great camera, but it needed better AF. Pentax listen and gave us a K-5 with better AF and we are complaining. Also notice how the price of the new K-5ii is lower at introduction than the original K-5 was at introduction. By the time the K-3 is announced early next year there the price of the K-5ii will have creeper down a little lower. The K-5ii sounds like it will be a really great camera. I might just get one for the improved AF and I already own two K-5 bodies.

Dave
Agreed. I like the fact that the excellent K-7/K-5 design is kept and further improved internally. For me this means I'll continue using a similar body while still keeping up with technological evolution. To be honest, I was kind of hoping Pentax wouldn't change the body design again (like they did between K20D and K-7, albeit for the better) both from a financial (batteries, grip, focus screen) and a useability point-of-view.

I really don't see why a redesign would be required. I cannot see the big brands change their offerings that much in terms of body design from one generation to the next, so why wouldn't Pentax be entitled to stick with a winning design?

Wim
09-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #343
Forum Member
Richdog's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 54
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Sorry guys, I'm not impressed. I mean a K-5 is a great camera in many ways and with an improved autofocus it will obviously be even better. But this is probably more or less the camera that the original K-5 should have been to begin with and now they're releasing it two years later and at a higher price. Yawn.
I agree with this, very dissappointing.

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Pentaxians are a tough bunch to please. For the past two years on this forum all I heard about is how the K-5 is a great camera, but it needed better AF. Pentax listen and gave us a K-5 with better AF and we are complaining. Also notice how the price of the new K-5ii is lower at introduction than the original K-5 was at introduction. By the time the K-3 is announced early next year there the price of the K-5ii will have creeper down a little lower. The K-5ii sounds like it will be a really great camera. I might just get one for the improved AF and I already own two K-5 bodies.

Dave
Well, I think personally that Pentaxians are among the most patient of all camera supporters. What people are possibly disappointed with is that Pentax do not seem to be keeping effective pace with the other major manufacturers, and while that is forgiveable to a certain extent due to the internal issues we know Pentax have, there does come a point where you see a new release which is essentially a tweak of a 2 year old camera, compare it to the cameras others are releasing that for the most part represent a clear step up from the previous model, and start to become a little miffed.

I think all but the most fervently die-hard Pentaxians would agree that the K5 II is realistically in no way worth an upgrade if you already have a K5.

For my part, I will be looking at what happens in the wake of Photokina before deciding whether to take a K30 and keep my existing kit, or amicably part ways.
09-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #344
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 376
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Sorry guys, I'm not impressed. I mean a K-5 is a great camera in many ways and with an improved autofocus it will obviously be even better. But this is probably more or less the camera that the original K-5 should have been to begin with and now they're releasing it two years later and at a higher price. Yawn.
You've not seen a single official press release with specs or anything like that (not to mention actually having a camera in your hand and trying it out).

But of course, you have to be "not impressed."
09-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #345
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I am a k-x user, and I think I speak for most k-x/k-r users that have been afraid to get a k-5 because of the reports of AF issues - if the k-5ii has properly improved AF, it's good for us.
True enough. (K-x user here, too). I don't know if P-R really created the K-5 II in response to user complaints about the K-5's AF system, but I guess this is part of Ricoh's "first step" into going full throttle against the big boys - not really "fix" an already great camera, but give it the features to make it shine. Though I still do hope it will have a new processor so it can incorporate the K-30's new features... because, for now that these two are the only "confirmed" bodies for release - then I'm hoping all the best from them.

If a K-3 is announced formally or gets leaked with verifiable content, then all the more I'm getting excited about Pentax's future. This is just the beginning. And like monochrome said before - Ricoh has a plan, and we will might be happy.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, body, frames, hd, ii, image, k-5, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, price, sensor
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Nikon D600 rumor, Canon entry level FF camera rumor ... LFLee Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 17 05-16-2012 08:41 PM
Rumor: Pentax FF Sept 18-23, 2012 feishui Pentax News and Rumors 528 04-09-2012 08:11 PM
Pentax Q price rumor - $699 Adam Pentax News and Rumors 50 07-05-2011 07:08 AM
Rumor of Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 Noisychip Pentax News and Rumors 94 04-24-2011 02:41 PM
I heard a Rumor....Firmware update Kenn100D Pentax News and Rumors 53 01-05-2011 05:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top