Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #106
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Just to say. I think it is probably real, but it doesn't make much sense. Multiple cameras with roughly the same sensor, different specs and body types smacks of Canon who sticks the same sensor in all of their APS-C cameras from the T1i to the 7D. Different fps and such, but still the same.
And yet they are massively popular..

09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #107
Pentaxian

I really like the ergonomic design of the original K-5, but a new K-5 without AA filter would be awesome!
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope those photos are not the actual design of the K-5 II, because I'd like to see a dedicated video button put in there...

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Just to say. I think it is probably real, but it doesn't make much sense. Multiple cameras with roughly the same sensor, different specs and body types smacks of Canon who sticks the same sensor in all of their APS-C cameras from the T1i to the 7D. Different fps and such, but still the same.
They did it with the 6MP CCD sensor that went from the *ist D, DS, DS2, DL, K100D, K100D Super, K110D. They also did it with the 10MP CCD in the K10D, K200D, K-m/K2000. I'm not really surprised Pentax has put a lot of focus on the 16MP sensor because it is really solid and they probably save quite a bit on development costs and quantity discounts. The 16MP sensor is probably a bit different though, so it isn't exactly the same as the 6MP sensor days (unless they did have revised 6MP? I don't recall).
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hate to say this but those images look really bad. I too am looking forward to Pentax's announcements. Even if they do not announce a FF camera I will not abandon ship.

09-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
What the hell are these rubbish? Still no FF !
Haha I was expecting you'll say that

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I rather wonder what the K5-to-K5 II differences are.
Same here; and how much the price difference between the two will be. The D800E is... much more expensive than the D800.

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
K-5 II. Really ? That's a lame name even by Pentax standards !!! ;-)
My first guess before the rumors started was something like K-5 Ultimate. lol
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I hope those photos are not the actual design of the K-5 II, because I'd like to see a dedicated video button put in there...

They did it with the 6MP CCD sensor that went from the *ist D, DS, DS2, DL, K100D, K100D Super, K110D. They also did it with the 10MP CCD in the K10D, K200D, K-m/K2000. I'm not really surprised Pentax has put a lot of focus on the 16MP sensor because it is really solid and they probably save quite a bit on development costs and quantity discounts. The 16MP sensor is probably a bit different though, so it isn't exactly the same as the 6MP sensor days (unless they did have revised 6MP? I don't recall).
More recently, though, they have used megapixels to separate levels. Most of the 10 MP CCD cameras were not sold against each other, when you remember that Pentax at that point basically had two (and sometimes two and half) SLRs that they had running. K20, K200 and K2000 is about the only time I really remember that happening.

Anyway, if Pentax picks the 16 megapixel sensor to put in their cameras and Canon is using an 18 megapixel sensor in all their APS-C cameras and Nikon is sticking a 24 megapixel sensor in all theirs, who wins in the end, when most of the consumers don't relaly know the difference?
09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Other than the 67II Has Pentax ever used the "mark II" designation? I could see a K-5 Super fitting in with the name history, but I kind of question the idea that it will be a K-5II.

It will be interesting to see if Pentax can build in enough value to sell a K-30, K-5II, & K-3 all at the same time and keep their features/pricing distinct enough. K-30 is a very good value and if the K-3 is going to sell for 2x the price it had better be the hands down better camera when it comes to IQ and AF.

09-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Other than the 67II Has Pentax ever used the "mark II" designation? I could see a K-5 Super fitting in with the name history, but I kind of question the idea that it will be a K-5II.

It will be interesting to see if Pentax can build in enough value to sell a K-30, K-5II, & K-3 all at the same time and keep their features/pricing distinct enough. K-30 is a very good value and if the K-3 is going to sell for 2x the price it had better be the hands down better camera when it comes to IQ and AF.
09-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #114
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

Don't forget a K-300 in that lineup
09-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #115

Pentax is a unique breed and I have a tough time understanding why so few in N America embrace the K5? I just purchased a new one two days before this announcement about version 2. My initial reaction was that I had lousy timing, but in reality it makes no real difference to me. I spent considerable time comparing Pentax to Canon to Nikon to Lumix, to Olympus and the K5 always finished tops. If Pentax is building next generation cameras, then they are still very much in the game.

All the best.
09-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #116
Veteran Member

Seems that Adam has confirmed that these photos are real on the frontpage of PF.
Pentax Forums - K-5, K-30, K-01, 645D - The Largest Pentax Camera Forum, News, and Review Site
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #117
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Please take note that this is posted through translation(Japanese to English) and so keep in mind that the message may be significant different from what is intended:

Apparently product images:

Source: ??????K-5 II ? K-5 IIs ???????????????? - ????info
How come pictures on this forum never work for me? I cant see the pics. No problems anywhere else but pentax forums. no x's or anything just blank spaces as if nothing is there
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #118
Forum Member

Nikon will get you to 36 Mpixels of real resolution and great dynamic range for $9k - $11k. That kit amount includes zooms @ 14-24, 24-70, and 70-200 f/2.8 and primes @ 35 and 85 f/1.4. All of the lenses not only have great optics, but also weather sealing and great build and handling quality.

Pentax has it's work cut out for them. There's maybe only 1 lens, the 85mm f/1.4, which is capable of matching up to a 36 Mpixel camera. Unfortunately, until they start major R&D, we can only expect these kinds of 'filler' products.

Pity.
09-07-2012, 08:39 PM - 1 Like   #119
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K1000

QuoteOriginally posted by jcool Quote
Guess my K20D is outdated.... heheh
Hey I still use a K1000 professionally
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #120
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by core-discovery Quote
Pentax is a unique breed and I have a tough time understanding why so few in N America embrace the K5? I just purchased a new one two days before this announcement about version 2. My initial reaction was that I had lousy timing, but in reality it makes no real difference to me. I spent considerable time comparing Pentax to Canon to Nikon to Lumix, to Olympus and the K5 always finished tops. If Pentax is building next generation cameras, then they are still very much in the game. All the best.
A lot of people love the K-5, it's just that it's a dated body, so the enthusiasm is (very) slowly declining. There's a huge number of posts about the K-5 in our K-5 forum

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread