Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The great thing, of course, is that Pentax will have MORE K-mount bodies available for sale at a given time. Instead of the current 2 or 3 (K-01/K-30/K-5) they will offer a K-300, K-30, K-01, K-5II, K-5IIn, K-3. How can this be NOT positive?

09-07-2012, 06:00 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Yes, except that you have to tilt the entire camera instead.
The good news is however that is can be tilted to any angle. So its much more versatile than those hinged versions.
And more durable (and WR too).

I owned a camera with a tilt screen - rubbish. It was the first thing to break. It is just another do-dad that people ohh and ahh over that is used seldom and unnecessarily adds to the complexity of the mechanism.
09-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Yes, except that you have to tilt the entire camera instead.
The good news is however that is can be tilted to any angle. So its much more versatile than those hinged versions.
LOL!!!
09-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Do you really want Pentax to stop producing APS-C cameras?

Just repeat the old model and still using APSC senor.
Do you know APSC senor uses in mirrorless camera which is a trend in the market
And FF camera is coming popular (competitive price) in DSLR market today
But Pentax never respect and heard it's supporters voices

Last edited by NightPorter; 09-07-2012 at 06:18 AM.
09-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Remind me what's the difference between K-5II and K-5IIs ?
P.S. i like new rugged design of screen, it will not pop-out after hitting concert.
09-07-2012, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Looks like a bad photoshopping to me...
09-07-2012, 06:16 AM - 4 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

Long live the D-BG4 !

Honestly though, I think this is a brilliant move - The K-7/K-5 body is simply one of the best feats of DSLR engineering in camera history - it's THAT good.

09-07-2012, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #23
ogl
Banned

I'm going to guess:
  • [
Amongst other things, address various design weaknesses; lens release mechanism, adhesion, circuit design etc.
16MP new CMOS sensor technology, new image processor, 100% penta-prism finder at 0.92X, articulated screen, new 21-point (9-crossed, 12 linear) SAFOX X AF system, improved continuous tracking and zone focusing, 8 fps, improved video functions.
09-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #24

As a long term K-7 owner, an upgrade to an improved K-5 is exactly what I'm looking for (my wife won't even notice the difference - "What new camera?"). I've small-ish hands and the body felt just right compared the 50D or D90 that I was considering at the time.
09-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
Pentaxian

lens release mechanism, adhesion, circuit design etc.
I heard everything about the lens release button thing, but what's "adhesion"? First time I read about this issue...
Also, is there something wrong with the K-5's circuit design?
I mean I'm sure the K-5 has its share of little annoyances and bugs, but could new circuitry improve the overall reliability? I don't know.
Regarding the rumor at hand, I have to admit this is starting to look a little more credible. Though I still don't really see how there would be room between the K-30 (practically a K-5 itself) and a new Pentax APS-C flagship. I mean what features would there be to add to a K-3, really?
09-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Long live the D-BG4 !

Honestly though, I think this is a brilliant move - The K-7/K-5 body is simply one of the best feats of DSLR engineering in camera history - it's THAT good.
Agreed! Being able to keep the grip and transfer my focusing screen are two reasons why continuing to move to the next camera remains an option for me. Because of the focusing screen I use (an expensive KatzEye with custom grid lines) I really hope they don't change the viewfinder... I've had to reinvest in both once before when I moved from the K20D to the K-7, which made the K-7 a very expensive camera for me...

Wim
09-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
Just repeat the old model and still using APSC senor.
Do you know APSC senor uses in mirrorless camera which is a trend in the market
And FF camera is coming popular (competitive price) in DSLR market today
Extra for you:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
09-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #28
Veteran Member

What a pathetic attempt at this forgery, if you can call it that. Who could possibly believe that any camera manufacturer would duplicate everything except the II designation.
09-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
FF supporters are a vocal bunch, but they are also a small segment of Pentaxians. Pentax, which already has issues with the size of the DSLR market it has captured, can't further reduce it's sales into a minuscule slice of what it has today, hoping to make up the difference in FF markup. While they might release FF shortly, making FF their only DSLR camera would kill the brand.
09-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Remind me what's the difference between K-5II and K-5IIs ?
P.S. i like new rugged design of screen, it will not pop-out after hitting concert.
No AA screen thereby making images sharper but allowing moire pattern. Many believe it a good trade off and use PS to deal with any moire that occurs in the images.
Closed Thread