Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #346
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Richdog Quote
I agree with this, very dissappointing.

Well, I think personally that Pentaxians are among the most patient of all camera supporters. What people are possibly disappointed with is that Pentax do not seem to be keeping effective pace with the other major manufacturers, and while that is forgiveable to a certain extent, there does come a point where you see a new release which is essentially a tweak of a 2 year old camera, compare it to the cameras others are releasing that for the most part represent a clear step up from the previous model, and start to become a little miffed.

I think all but the most fervently die-hard Pentaxians would agree that the K5 II is realistically in no way worth an upgrade if you already have a K5.

For my part, I will be looking at what happens in the wake of Photokina before deciding whether to take a K30 and keep my existing kit, or amicably part ways.

Yes, I agree !

09-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #347
Veteran Member

I'm starting to think the K-5II has a 24mp sensor. Why would all of pentax cameras have the same sensor? Why would Pentax remove the AA filter on a 16 MP sensor?
09-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #348
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
You've not seen a single official press release with specs or anything like that (not to mention actually having a camera in your hand and trying it out).

But of course, you have to be "not impressed."
Of course because the K-5II as known at the moment is not an impressive refresh for a 2 year old camera - regardless of how excellent the camera still is.

Going by experience Pentax leaks this close to announcements tend to be pretty accurate. The reality could be different this time but something tells me it isn't.
09-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #349
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I'm starting to think the K-5II has a 24mp sensor. Why would all of pentax cameras have the same sensor? Why would Pentax remove the AA filter on a 16 MP sensor?
This could be true I guess but then why still call it the K-5 as a 24mp sensor would be a major change. Especially as K-3 would fit well with the naming of the K-30.

09-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Of course because the K-5II as known at the moment is not an impressive refresh for a 2 year old camera - regardless of how excellent the camera still is.
Not even the rumoured -3EV AF system?
09-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #351
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
I believe most of the K-5 users are not interesting on whatever K-5ll, K-5lls or K-5n are. Pentax just keep on disappointing their supports only !
Call me stupid, good sir, but looking at your gear...
QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
K-5/grip, MZ-L/grip -- SMC M50/1.7, SMC M85/2, SMC F50/1.4, FA35/2, FA77/1.8LE, FA*85/1.4, FA135/2.8, SMC FA20-35/4, DA14/2.8, DFA100/2.8, DA50-200/WR, Sigma 18-50/2.8
If I had those, or at least just the lenses, I can wait for a digital FF even if it comes 30 years after today, and just shoot with film (I have a K2) as long as film exists, for my FF needs. But of course that's just me- if my needs for a 135-format digital were that great and not willing to spend so much, I'll get even just a Nikon D2x or a Canon 5D classic. After all, it's the sensor size that matters most, right?
09-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not even the rumoured -3EV AF system?
OK technically but how many times do you have to focus in the dark?

09-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #353
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
You've not seen a single official press release with specs or anything like that (not to mention actually having a camera in your hand and trying it out).

But of course, you have to be "not impressed."
He obviously meant that he wasn't impressed with the leaked specs that he has seen, which while unofficial, are on this very site in the form of an article. There's nothing wrong with his voicing a critical opinion on that, I felt similar upon reading it, and to be honest you are reacting a bit like an overzealous and overprotective fan.
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #354
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richdog Quote
I agree with this, very dissappointing.

Well, I think personally that Pentaxians are among the most patient of all camera supporters. What people are possibly disappointed with is that Pentax do not seem to be keeping effective pace with the other major manufacturers, and while that is forgiveable to a certain extent due to the internal issues we know Pentax have, there does come a point where you see a new release which is essentially a tweak of a 2 year old camera, compare it to the cameras others are releasing that for the most part represent a clear step up from the previous model, and start to become a little miffed.

I think all but the most fervently die-hard Pentaxians would agree that the K5 II is realistically in no way worth an upgrade if you already have a K5.

For my part, I will be looking at what happens in the wake of Photokina before deciding whether to take a K30 and keep my existing kit, or amicably part ways.
Without the actual specs and the camera out in actual user's hands it is still too early to know about the K5II. Still if the AF is improved I might just get it. I already shot with two K5 cameras and have a K7 for a backup. So I can see selling the K7 and moving one of the K5 into backup status. I guess thus means I am a die-hard Pextaxian even if I own a Olympus E-M5 for my compact system.

Dave
09-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #355
Pentaxian

IF goodphotographer=TRUE THEN GOTO #golocation

FOR gomental=1 to 1,000,000
After the childlike ranting (about FF and whatnot irrelevant technology detail) comes the walk to the cliffs to jump off.
Not without a "goodbye letter" posted in the sunday newspaper written only in capital letters - which only serves to wrap fish in.
Then the sad creature timidly shys away from actually delivering on the promise and returns home from the cliffs edge, hanging shoulders, soaked from the rain and still hating the bad, bad world...
REM FUNCTION takepictures
To return to the forums to rant some more.
NEXT gomental

DIE (sad; depressed; shuttercount==178)

QUIT PROGRAM.

#golocation

FUNCTION takepictures
FUNCTION takebetterpictures

ENJOY

GOTO #golocation

09-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #356
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Supernaut, I would rather wait for the actual press release, with the actual price before worrying.

Maybe he didn't knew anything, just reading rumours & stuff?
I don't know that and can't check this out, but working for Pentax Benelux is his daily job.
On the other hand, when I made an appointment to have them look at my gear, the technician said that later this week they had to go to Germany (Pentax Europe) to see the new models en to study them, that's why I had to go this morning, this was my last chance before Photokina stared.
He said that there was a lot of interesting stuff to be presented at the Photokina, din't spoke of any new model and I din't ask, we ware actually talking about my camera...

But, yes, we will have to wait till the 18th...
09-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #357
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Someone like basic programming.
09-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #358
ogl
Banned

It means that the AF sensor has MUCH better sensitivity in low light. it's actual for any light condition - even at daytime in shady places, woods and e.t.c.
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #359
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I focus in the dark all the time.
09-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #360
Veteran Member

Not often, but when I do it's damn hard to get the contrast right with empty photon wells.
Closed Thread