Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Assuming I sell my K-5 for $650, that means I would have to come up with another $650 for a K-5 IIs...is it really worth that much more?
If not, what is the upgrade path for a current K-5 user?

09-10-2012, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NightPorter Quote
If Pentax will not has a surprise DSLR (may be FF or more significant improvements) announcement in coming 6 months.
It's time for some Pentaxians to think about jump ship plan !
quit being so negative.

Why FF? depth of field? I don't know about you, but I like stuff to be in focus. so you can pay $3000 just to look cool? gimme a break. There is nothing wrong with a pro level APS-C camera. The K5 already out preforms all other APS-C's and FF's (aside from the D800) on the market. The top 10 cameras are, FF D800, APS-C K5, and then 8 different medium format cameras from Hassy and PhaseOne.

Pentax has some awesome product, and put out a great too for photographers of all skill levels. Sorry you, and others, are too gadget and spec crazed that you have to have FF just because someone else said it was awesome. Go take some photos.
09-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #63
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Assuming I sell my K-5 for $650, that means I would have to come up with another $650 for a K-5 IIs...is it really worth that much more?
This is a good question, you get the point !
09-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
quit being so negative.

Why FF? depth of field? I don't know about you, but I like stuff to be in focus. so you can pay $3000 just to look cool? gimme a break. There is nothing wrong with a pro level APS-C camera. The K5 already out preforms all other APS-C's and FF's (aside from the D800) on the market. The top 10 cameras are, FF D800, APS-C K5, and then 8 different medium format cameras from Hassy and PhaseOne.

Pentax has some awesome product, and put out a great too for photographers of all skill levels. Sorry you, and others, are too gadget and spec crazed that you have to have FF just because someone else said it was awesome. Go take some photos.
That's all fine and dandy...if you want to remain in the low single digit marketshare range.
The status quo will not switch people from other companies to Pentax. K-5 II = Status Quo

09-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If Pentax will not has a surprise DSLR (may be FF or more significant improvements) announcement in coming 6 months.
It's time for some Pentaxians to think about jump ship plan !
Only the ones that rely on photography for income, my-self does this for hobby so I can deal with equipment that presents a challenge.
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's all fine and dandy...if you want to remain in the low single digit marketshare range.
The status quo will not switch people from other companies to Pentax. K-5 II = Status Quo
I do not invest in Pentax stock so I give two shits about their market share. Here today, gone tomorrow could happen but I doubt it.
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #67
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I do not invest in Pentax stock so I give two shits about their market share.
More market share means more lenses, accessories, and other fun products come out of and for Pentax land... in theory.

09-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do not invest in Pentax stock so I give two shits about their market share.

JP
09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I do not invest in Pentax stock so I give two shits about their market share. Here today, gone tomorrow could happen but I doubt it.
I would agree with you, except if something of mine breaks in the future, it would be nice to be able to fix it, or be able to sell my gear for more than pennies on the dollar.
09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
More market share means more lenses, accessories, and other fun products come out of and for Pentax land... in theory.
Wouldn't it be nice if Pentax had the same 3rd party support as the big guys?
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #71
HSV
Veteran Member

I don't think anybody serious should buy the K-5 II on this year...price is one factor, and the other factor is the risk of getting a "bad batch" (as the original K-5). It would be better to wait for some price decrease and let Pentax correct some issues, firmware, etc.

Don't let Ricoh know that I'm trying to hurt their profits!!!
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #72
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
quit being so negative.

I realize K-5 is a great APSC camera and Pentax had done great jobs years ago
But I believe someone is misunderstanding my meaning.
Please look what had happened in the market today
(when Nikon and Sony are doing some great things in their products or marketing strategy) What is Pentax marketing strategy ?
I am afraid you don't know how many Pentaxians are waiting for Pentax's FF year after year.
They are collecting a lot of FF lens and they are very patient to looking for Pentax launch FF in some day
Pentax has missed a lot of opportunities to made them strong again in these years.
09-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would agree with you, except if something of mine breaks in the future, it would be nice to be able to fix it, or be able to sell my gear for more than pennies on the dollar.
There is that...minor inconvenience, dammitt
09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
So no focus peeking?
Sad news indeed
What about video? Any one know if we're getting Full HD on the K-5 II?
09-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #75
Veteran Member

What is Pentax marketing strategy ?
Hope people are stupid.