Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
And my bet is, you'll still bash the FF camera.

Will you ever be happy with Pentax? I don't think so.
Me? I'm super happy with my K5, K20d and way to much lenses. Hey I'm the one that has ZERO problems with the K5's AF. I have no idea what the others are complaining about in regard to the K5 AF performance. Who can blame me (us) for wanting more of such marvelous innovation, superiour ergonomics, solid feel, etc?

All we really want is for Pentax/K-mount NOT to disappear, which currently is slowly but steadily happening. (Off course I still reserve a little hope untill photokina is over.) We see the other brands evolving to the next step. FF's going to be mainstream soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Will you be happy with Canon, Nikon or Sony? I don't think so, either.
I already am. I got me an old Canon 5D. (For far less then HALF the price of the announced "new" Pentax APSC flagships! (Just a tip.)) With the FF 5D I can use my Pentax glass on full frame, which is really very extremely cool and fun to do. I just whish my favourite brand would issue one of these. Even with a 12mp sensor, no AF at all, no SR, no WR and no mirror, I will still insta-buy it. That's how much fun it is.

09-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
The "flagship" moniker is very revealing. To me it means no K-3 anytime soon.
Wow, I totally missed that.

Last edited by JohnBee; 09-11-2012 at 03:18 AM.
09-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
All we really want is for Pentax/K-mount NOT to disappear, which currently is slowly but steadily happening.
Oh, yeah. And the new DA 560mm f/5.6 is a sure sign of their demise!
09-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #124
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA560 could be made and sold only by order. The optical scheme is very simple for USD7000/EURO7000's lens.
To sell MEADE's telescope for USD7000 is rather strange...IMO.

09-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
DA560 could be made and sold only by order. The optical scheme is very simple for USD7000/EURO7000's lens.
To sell MEADE's telescope for USD7000 is rather strange...IMO.
According to Pentax JP's own website 400 a month will be produced: K????????????????????HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW?????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
09-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Oh, yeah. And the new DA 560mm f/5.6 is a sure sign of their demise!
Lets see... A 300 2.8 from Canon, a 1.4 teleconverter and the result is higher IQ, longer reach at lower cost. And we can find reasonable IQ with even lower price at Bigma. Who's going to buy this Pentax 560?

But I guess all those birders that have been begging for super tele's in all those we-demand-super-tele-threads got what they were whishing for then?
09-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #127

I think RICOH-Pentax is trying to make more people jump into the brand by capitalizing on the success of the K-5 (the reason for K-01, K30 and now K-5ii & K-5iis). People are more aware that the K-5 beats most of the APC models out there made by other brands. By introducing different models with different price category/feature, people can choose on what model to invest into. Tie this up with weather proof feature and a mix of colors to choose from (K-01 & K30), I guess RICOH-Pentax is betting that new entry users will buy into the Pentax brand. I recently read and saw into this forum how Pentax K-30 is very strong in Japan and vendors are pushing this particular model.

But there is a catch, with most micro-4/3 using the same sensor from Sony, those P&S users may buy into those system and probably had eaten a lot of market share already. The entry to DSLR camera battle I think is over. Canon and Nikon already won that. The battle is now into cheap Full Frame..may it be a DSLR or mirrorless system that's why there's a lot of rumored cheap FF models out there.

I'm still am hoping that there will be a FF Pentax camera in the next coming months that is affordable and will kick-ass.

09-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #128
Veteran Member

The K-5 was probably the best APS-C camera... 2 years ago. Hopefully the 7D and D7000 successors are not as good as the K-5 II or IIs
09-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Lets see... A 300 2.8 from Canon, a 1.4 teleconverter and the result is higher IQ, longer reach at lower cost. And we can find reasonable IQ with even lower price at Bigma. Who's going to buy this Pentax 560?

But I guess all those birders that have been begging for super tele's in all those we-demand-super-tele-threads got what they were whishing for then?
Have you ever shot birds? 600mm can be a bit short for that.

Pentax initially claimed the 560 was to be a "budget" lens. Whatever this is, it's not one.
09-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #130
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
According to Pentax JP's own website 400 a month will be produced: K????????????????????HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW?????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
Could be produced. Not WILL BE.
09-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Your source? Afaik that's not what's written on the Japanese announcement page (but then, I had to use automated translation)
I'm not saying it's not true, I just want to clarify it.
09-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #132
Veteran Member

HD coating looks promising.
560mm is currently out of budget. Hopefully within a year there will be ~4000 units available. Time to save fund.

Not much different in K5ii/iis. I am ok with discont' model.
and no FF as expected.
09-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #133

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I agree until the last point. Next photokina is in 2014.
I am completely aware of that. Think about it, Pentax needs to develop a full-frame camera, but they also need a complete set of lenses to go with it. Sure they can modernize some FA lenses, but these things take time. I won't scream "disappointed" and "where is my full-frame" until next photokina. But all of you that expected full-frame now did not think this thought.
09-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #134
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Are most complainers so downright selfish and obtuse?

Why you must judge everything by that you want to spend your money on? Your money is irrelevant, and all the detestable notions coming from your overwhelming buying needs and zero common sense.

Don't you think there may be thousands of other people who could actually be happy with this latest offer from Pentax? People who didn't buy a K5 because they have had some older Pentax cameras, or didn't have enough money to get one then, but now they have saved for it and will actually use this k-5 II with pleasure? All considering that Pentax is offering an overall improved camera that was already a classic and almost complete as it was.

No, I think some have understood it well. You and all the whiners have no idea what you're talking about.
So please, jump ships. Or even better, swim in shark infested sea to reach whatever that sorry ship is there for you.

This is some kind of nonsense.
Everyone who pay money so he has a right to express his pleasure or displeasure with the company's product and marketing strategy.

Jump or not to jump ship, is that cause you a problem?
I despise only positive voice can hear in this forum?
09-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxinator Quote
I am completely aware of that. Think about it, Pentax needs to develop a full-frame camera, but they also need a complete set of lenses to go with it. Sure they can modernize some FA lenses, but these things take time. I won't scream "disappointed" and "where is my full-frame" until next photokina. But all of you that expected full-frame now did not think this thought.
I've got so many FF glass to mount to FF, that I don't even know where to start. And so do lots of other Pentaxians. It is caused by the truly excellent backwards compatibility of Pentax. If they issue a FF this Photokina and issue a FF lens roadmap for the comming year or two at the same time, they'll be fine.