Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
1. I have a Degree in Fine Art
I always considered that a certified opinion, or a degree in unemployment. Though the rest of that list implies to me that you are more of an experienced artist than most to be sure.

I like to enjoy the creative atmosphere of the art world but if you stacked up all the ego an conflicting strong opinion there it would collapse into a black hole.

I think for the K5 II we can agree that its not what we expected or hoped for and as such we are pissed, but its a clear improvement on the few weak points of an already amazing camera. Considering the current new release price will drop a few hundred soon, it is basically priced exactly the same as the K5 before they started trying to sweep the old model off the shelves to make room for this one.
So what we are getting is a "fixed" K5 for the same money, something for people who already have a K5 to be pissed about since there's nothing for them really worth upgrading to considering what an "old" K5 will now be worth used, but something for the rest of the people who were debating a K5 anyways to be happy about.

I wouldn't worry about Pentax as a corporation just yet, Ricoh is quickly discovering that they were dropped onto a running treadmill and they haven't had time to get their pace going yet (Pentax was honestly a mess by that point), but they aren't on the floor either. Buying a company like Nikon would allow the incoming owners to immediately steer the course they wanted and develop new stuff quickly, with something like what was left of Pentax you have a lot of cleaning and sanding to do before you can decide what color paint you want and start with the new.

09-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #197
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I never brought up my personal affordability of these cameras into the discussion.. you did. So why do you tell me not to bring up affordability??
Forget it mate.

As you can see, that is relatively a lot of money when it comes to these bodies and not the 'few dollars' as you suggested.
Disagree. I'm frugal and I know $400 isn't much in the photography world.

I called you ignorant of knowing me and my financial situation.
I have no interest in your personal circumstances. I'm interested in seeing the art form and experience of photography being shared. Pentax provides good gear to do this. Enough said.

It would be easier and more friendly to either not bring up a person's financial condition or to at least to ask than to assume (incorrectly)
As above. Cost of the K-5 II was brought up and I responded to that issue. That is all.

This is ignorant (lacking knowledge) of the facts of that person and could be considered an attack on them.
I apologise if you thought I attacked you personally. But it was never my intention. Please move on now.

such behavior is not nice and should be avoided in the future here at Pentax Forums
Feeling's mutual.
09-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #198
Veteran Member

BTW, there's a new Full Frame Merry-Go-Round starting up here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxian-lounge/198732-dont-lose-hope-pe...awaits-us.html

Do yourself a favour and stay away or another year of prediction hell awaits.
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
BTW, there's a new Full Frame Merry-Go-Round starting up here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxian-lounge/198732-dont-lose-hope-pe...awaits-us.html

Do yourself a favour and stay away or another year of prediction hell awaits.
This link has been deleted.

09-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belcik Quote
This link has been deleted.
I think you just have to have Pentaxian or Site Supporter status to be able to access it.
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #201
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, Adam removed the info originally posted.
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #202
Veteran Member

Aw man. Wasn't able to see it! Wonder what that post contained.

09-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Not as long as they cost $2800 (or $2000+)
$2100 right now, in a few months it'll be under $2k. That lasted all of 7 hours.
09-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #204
Banned

The issue is in claiming 400 dollars is 'a few' which was quite silly of you to say.
I hope, we can all agree, that such behavior is not nice and should be avoided in the future here at Pentax Forums;
Indeed, calling people's arguments silly is not nice and should be avoided here at PF.
09-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #205
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
$2100 right now, in a few months it'll be under $2k. That lasted all of 7 hours.
Even if Pentax issues a FF camera, they won't be able to get it below the price of the announced D600.
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Even if Pentax issues a FF camera, they won't be able to get it below the price of the announced D600.
Pal and I were talking about the possibility (now certainty) of a cheaper FF camera.

I think Pentax would try to span the difference between D600 and D800, personally, but we'll see what they make next summer.
09-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pal and I were talking about the possibility (now certainty) of a cheaper FF camera.

But FF is not getting cheaper. It cost the same as it always have. 24mp FF camera below $2000 is old news and all the new ones cost above. Also, FF is very cheap in the US but not elswhere where the difference between APS and FF is larger in price.
09-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #208
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Indeed, calling people's arguments silly is not nice and should be avoided here at PF.
Continually bringing up issues, not involving you no less, that have already been resolved is not nice and should be avoided here at PF.
09-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
But FF is not getting cheaper. It cost the same as it always have.
The facts disagree with your opinion. Check out the introductory price of FF bodies vs time.
09-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The facts disagree with your opinion. Check out the introductory price of FF bodies vs time.
No more than any other digital cameras. We have had FF cameras below $2000 for years. The D600 is an answer to Canons 5D and could be considered the spiritual sucessor to Sonys 850 but more expensive. THe A99 cost a lot and is a replacemnet for the A900 with the same mp count. Not much have happened....
The results from the A99 is underwhelming (it is after all 24mp resolution which is hardly distinguishable from 16mp except for higher ISO values) as opposed to the D800; the latter makes a lot of sense. Prices seems to standing still or increasaing but we get better cameras for the money just like in every other sector fo the digital camera market....