Site Supporter

Pentax Q-K Adapter

The adapter has been announced.

You can order it:

Pentax Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses B&H Photo Video

09-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cool. I will probably now go down the Q path!!!
09-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Tx! I just put myself on the list to be notified when it arrives in stock.

Wim
09-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Tx! I just put myself on the list to be notified when it arrives in stock.

Wim
Me too. I have also pre-ordered the Q-10 (silver) and the two zooms.

09-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter

This probably doesn't allow auto-focus, does it? If so, I might be investing a Q soon.
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
This probably doesn't allow auto-focus, does it? If so, I might be investing a Q soon.
From what we've seen so far of this adapter, there don't seem to be any contacts between the adapter and the lens. Nor does it include any optical elements. Hence it seems unlikely that AF will be supported. This makes SR equally unlike to function automatically, as claimed by JohnCPentax during Q&A on DPR. The latter may be achieved through a firmware upgrade allowing manual input of the lens's focal length however. For AF there's no such shortcut.

Wim
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #7

Well that was hard to do.

The Pentax Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses permits the use of Pentax K-mount lenses on Pentax Q-series cameras. This adapter provides an effective increase in focal length by 5.5x, making it ideal for telephoto lens applications. The built-in mechanical shutter helps to prevent rolling shutter distortion when working with moving subjects and features a shutter speed range from 1/1000 to 30 sec. Also helping to prevent the effects of camera movement, applicable lens focal length information can be input in order to gain the benefits of in-camera Shake Reduction.

The adapter is compatible with a full range of K-mount lenses, creating a substantially greater breadth of options for use with your Q-mount camera.
Compatible with a full range of K-mount lenses for use on Q-mount cameras. Multiplies lens focal length by 5.5x for telephoto applications. Built-in mechanical shutter helps to prevent rolling shutter distortion. Supports manual aperture control and shutter speeds from 1/1000 to 30 sec. By inputting mounted lens focal length information, in-camera Shake Reduction is possible.
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
The latter may be achieved through a firmware upgrade allowing manual input of the lens's focal length however. For AF there's no such shortcut.

Wim
This is exactly what I'm hoping for and lots of other Q owners, with this firmware upgrade and not needing the adapter for SR, adapted lenses other than K-Mount lenses like the C-Mounts (the kern paillards are sexy lenses and seem like they were meant for the Q) and the Native 3rd party lenses like the Ms Optical and SLR Magic will now have shake reduction, which are both extremely nice lenses... The Q looks like it'll be a manual focus only camera with adapted lenses which is fine by me. It's my mini digital mx...