Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
The upcoming Sony A99 full frame may seduce Pentax owners, (the first Sony 14 bit) but the same sensor is the one rumored to be in the Pentax full frame, but Sony is stipulating the A99 have 6 month's lead time before Pentax can use the sensor.
Can you post a link to something to verify this 6 months of exclusivity? What official statement are you referring to?

09-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #137
Inactive Account

The most intresting camera rumor announced (offical announcement verrrry soon ) from any brand is the sony Nex-6. Awesome sensor with great noise performance. Solid autofocus. New EVF, focus peaking. nice compact body, wifi, gps, great big LCD, good sony video quality. aNd downloadeble apps for extra functions in the future.

that for 1000$
09-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
The EV scale is a measure of light. Think of the temperature range a camera can operate in--the EV range is analogous.

Edit: Someone posted a Wikipedia link to the article on EV earlier in this thread.
Thanks
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaximus Quote
I like his suggested new name on the Pentax autofocus system. SAWOLF instead of SAFOX!

09-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
ISO 100 indeed, sorry I forgot to add that.

-3EV can be compared with light coming from a very bright Aurora Borealis/Australis. Not that I have ever seen the famous northern light, so I don't know how much that actually is.
Something like this?

09-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #141
Veteran Member

if pentax announced k3 with 24 mp Iam sure there will be some complain and saying ..why pentax went that way.. the k5 sensor was enough and bla bla..just complains every where.
09-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #142
Veteran Member

Sensors without AA filters on the way... | Photoclubalpha

From what it seems, the release has made some non-Pentax-wielding folk happy. If this "soft, weak" release gets them into the Pentax boat, then I guess Pentax has achieved part of its goals.

Problem is, we're gonna have a lot more complaints once they jump ship to Pentax, haha!

09-11-2012, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #143
Veteran Member

EV's approximation can vary depending on where you are on the earth and the season for a given subject due to the tilt of the earth and longer light path (therefor more diffraction of light)

For at the equator +/- 50 degrees north or south typical EV's are: (source Ultimate Exposure Computer)

Night, away from city lights, subject under starlight only.
Night, away from city lights, subject under crescent moon.
Night, away from city lights, subject under half moon. Meteors (during showers, with time exposure).
Night, away from city lights, subject under full moon.
Night, away from city lights, snowscape under full moon.
Subjects lit by dim ambient artificial light.
Subjects lit by dim ambient artificial light.
09-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
if pentax announced k3 with 24 mp Iam sure there will be some complain and saying ..why pentax went that way.. the k5 sensor was enough and bla bla..just complains every where.
Aha, I feel another model coming up : The K-3(5)- a K-3 with K-5 sensor.
09-12-2012, 04:07 AM   #145
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
I don't think so...K-3 will be flagship model and close the line of APS-C cameras.
And it could be high-end camera till FF realese.
09-12-2012, 04:10 AM - 1 Like   #146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't think so...K-3 will be flagship model and close the line of APS-C cameras.
And it could be high-end camera till FF realese.
What? no more high end APS-C after the K-3? Might be forced to jump ship then.
09-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #147
Veteran Member

Ive no interest at all in full frame so I am happy and very happy they are keeping with 16milion pixel. My thoughts are simply.... if they have not reduced the size of the focus sensors to at least a third of the size to what they are right now then no matter what they do its going to be the same old junk and associated problems with the dinner plate sized sensors. The other major problem of course is its flash ability. I have high hopes ! Ive said it on a number of occasions, but I think Pentax has the basis of the K5 being one of the best cameras money can buy. Fingers crossed that all the needless faults have now been dealt with.
09-12-2012, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #148
Veteran Member

I can understand that many pentaxians are disappointed by pentax not releasing a FF camera this year....but it is not a "never" thing I am sure....I am disappointed that the K-5 IIs has no focus peaking and stuff but I guess there must be reasons why Pentax intentionally omitted this.

I mean if we compare the pentax system with systems like the m43 and Fuji X-pro range, these systems are almost forever rooted in a smaller sensor platform....and people are still buying into the platform...and be happy with what they are using. Nowadays I can observe that all the platforms are getting so good that it is no longer the tool that is the limiting factor in our photography...it is the photographers ourselves. I look at flickr photos all the time and those shots taken by m43 with smaller sensor often make me so ashamed of my skills that I think sensor is just a small part of a camera that contributes to a good photo.

Pentax may not have FF this year but I am sure FF is planned for a future release...it is not like the pentax k-mount can never have FF (unlike the other camps). It is just that pentax may not see a financial incentive to implement this in 2012/2013. Personally I would say that if there is no pressing need/want to use a FF camera, just
stick with the current lineup for the time being, and upgrade when pentax FF is truly available. Personally I have time to wait. But if I don't (and life is short), then I am prepare to switch platform to do so.....so for pentaxians that really need FF (and need it now), why don't just switch camp instead. Clean and clear cut...

No flame please. I am just speaking my mind....
09-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Sensors without AA filters on the way... | Photoclubalpha

From what it seems, the release has made some non-Pentax-wielding folk happy. If this "soft, weak" release gets them into the Pentax boat, then I guess Pentax has achieved part of its goals.

Problem is, we're gonna have a lot more complaints once they jump ship to Pentax, haha!
We already have a lot of complaints, the more the merrier.
09-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I cracked up pretty hard at this
me, too.