Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #91
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
There is no K3 this year but a Pentax FF by April 2013.;-) For those wanting FF.
OK. No any APS-C cameras this year too?

09-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #92
Pentaxian

a Pentax FF by April 2013.;-)
Yeah, more specifically it will be announced on April 1st and available in all stores on the 31st!
09-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K5II we have. As for the FF my Q source if you remember before.
09-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #94
Veteran Member

A FF K3 in April 2013? ... I'm still waiting for the one I pre-ordered from the last 1st of April.

You can fool me once, but...

09-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Ogl do you have an email.
09-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #96
Veteran Member

we are curious as well
09-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Wake up! Have you seen the price of the A99? In a year or so, that price will be at a record low for FF. Probably lower then any 24mp APSC that Pentax MIGHT produce.
You mean it won't sell at all, and Sony will have to cut its price a lot, basically paying people to "buy" it? <ducks>

09-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You mean it won't sell at all, and Sony will have to cut its price a lot, basically paying people to "buy" it? <ducks>
Don't duck on my account. I'm completely blank when it comes to Sony cameras. I was impressed with FF at such a low pricepoint.

Why wouldn't it sell? It's not a pretty gadget, that's for sure.
09-12-2012, 05:47 AM - 2 Likes   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K3.

Pentax never announces a new camera alongside other products. Not a single camera of recent memory has had to "share the stage" with another. There has always been a spot light that shines on a new camera alone.

The K5 has been a great camera to me, and I'm very happy its being continued. If they fixed problems with the AF - problems I never had - then great.

As for the announcements? It makes sense. What has been released, almost 2 weeks prior to Photokina is nothing "spectacular".

We knew about the Q adapter.
We knew of the Super Zoom.
We knew of the DA560.
We knew the 645 lens was coming.

So all that news was just finishing up what was already known.

The Q10 news is odd in that it's a new camera and is not getting the spotlight treatment. To me that means that something bigger and better overshadows the Q10.

The Q10 just doesn't have enough gravitas to pull in whatever limited Pentax advertising funds are left for 2012. Like the K5 it appears to be a "refresh" more than anything else.

Somehow I think there is something bigger and better coming in a week or so.

If not, then I have to wonder about who thought it was a good idea to "spill the beans" almost 2+ weeks ahead of a huge photo conference. 8/9 products, over the course of a fews days, would be great releases DURING a conference.

Yep. I'm thinking they had to get the word out sooner about the less flashy releases.

I'm thinking the K3 or whatever will surface at Photokina.

If not. Wow. Epic face-palm, which would go against the great Pentax marketing of recent history.
09-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
The K3.

Pentax never announces a new camera alongside other products. Not a single camera of recent memory has had to "share the stage" with another. There has always been a spot light that shines on a new camera alone.

The K5 has been a great camera to me, and I'm very happy its being continued. If they fixed problems with the AF - problems I never had - then great.

As for the announcements? It makes sense. What has been released, almost 2 weeks prior to Photokina is nothing "spectacular".

We knew about the Q adapter.
We knew of the Super Zoom.
We knew of the DA560.
We knew the 645 lens was coming.

So all that news was just finishing up what was already known.

The Q10 news is odd in that it's a new camera and is not getting the spotlight treatment. To me that means that something bigger and better overshadows the Q10.

The Q10 just doesn't have enough gravitas to pull in whatever limited Pentax advertising funds are left for 2012. Like the K5 it appears to be a "refresh" more than anything else.

Somehow I think there is something bigger and better coming in a week or so.

If not, then I have to wonder about who thought it was a good idea to "spill the beans" almost 2+ weeks ahead of a huge photo conference. 8/9 products, over the course of a fews days, would be great releases DURING a conference.

Yep. I'm thinking they had to get the word out sooner about the less flashy releases.

If not. Wow. Epic face-palm, which would go against the great Pentax marketing of recent history.

Your analysis is very sound.
Totally agree
09-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Your analysis is very sound.
Totally agree
+1 here
09-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
That makes a lot of sense. Suppose the K-3 (or whatever) won't show up until CP+ - what could be the show stealer announcement for Photokina? What about the sometimes mentioned "645D lite"?
09-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #103
Pentaxian

I see what they did here. Let me tell you their secret, evil plan: there will be no second announcement. But, until Photokina ends everyone will talk about Pentax - because they will expect one.
09-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #104
ogl
Banned

see in private
09-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #105
Veteran Member

I think for Pentax, 8 new product announcement in at once is rare enough. It is probably the biggest in recent years.
I am very happy that Ricoh is really doing something with expanding Pentax (not like that Hoya) product.

Though not warrant a camera upgrade for me, the targeted K5II and K5IIs customer is not current K5 users (maybe few w/ enough cash will upgrade). I will hold and wait, like all Pentaxians have done all these years.... lol. I am happy to spend my money in upgrading other camera stuffs (ball head, tripod, bags) for now.