Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Pentax SR on APSC is also only about 1-2 stop, so....?
It is 3-4 stops

09-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
You can do that with Pentax SR as well. I have hand hold a 600mm at 1/60s.
You must have some super steady hands if that gave you passable results. I'm not happy with 200mm at 1/250..
09-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #213
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
You must have some super steady hands if that gave you passable results. I'm not happy with 200mm at 1/250..
perhaps you have very shaky hands? I do 1/60th @ 200mm just dandy. My hands aren't steady as a surgeon's either..
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
I think a FF sensor would require more space than a FF film because of all technicalities that need to be connected. And SR requires somw additional space as well alltough given the size of the SR APS-C Pentax bodies compared to non SR other APS bodies like the D7000 that is negligable.
Agreed, but the limiting factor is not the mirror, nor the prism. The flange distance remains the same. The sensor + housing takes more space, but heat dissipation from the larger sensor is perhaps the biggest element, this said, look at the new Sony FF P&S, obviously the sensor size is not the issue either.

09-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
perhaps you have very shaky hands? I do 1/60th @ 200mm just dandy. My hands aren't steady as a surgeon's either..
care to illustrate with an unresized (1:1) crop ? albeit we can't be sure that it was not on a tripod - so don't bother
09-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #216
Veteran Member

I think Adam still his secret. He won't tell you or not. Because he interview with owner Pentax last spring. I think Adam already know or maybe not. Smile
09-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #217
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
I think Adam already know or maybe not. Smile
I think I already know or maybe not too.

I think you already know or maybe not as well.

09-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #218
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
care to illustrate with an unresized (1:1) crop ? albeit we can't be sure that it was not on a tripod - so don't bother

So what was the point of your post?? "I want to see..actually I don't but im still going to post this wishywashy message"

Actually, you made me question myself.. so I went out to see. And, yes, I can shoot at 1/60 just fine. Actually I can shoot 1/40 too. Sharp as a tack (albeit my test shots are a bit underexposed ) -- no motion blur.

I don't think this is an odd human feat. That said, much lower than 1/40th is probably out of the question..
09-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #219
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Actually, you made me question myself.. so I went out to see. And, yes, I can shoot at 1/60 just fine. Actually I can shoot 1/40 too. Sharp as a tack (albeit my test shots are a bit underexposed ) -- no motion blur.
In non-stable, standing position, that means no part of your body resting on anything, with a higher resolution camera... and you get pixel sharpness... yeah, yeah.
09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #220
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So I was looking at adorama.com and noticed their lens search feature lists the new DA 50mm f1.8 as a full-frame lens...
09-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
So I was looking at adorama.com and noticed their lens search feature lists the new DA 50mm f1.8 as a full-frame lens...
prob a mistake, lens in not described as a FF
09-17-2012, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #222
Banned

Original Poster
I bet Pentax just lost many who wanted a FF to Sony, Nikon and Canon this week.
09-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #223
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I bet Pentax just lost many who wanted a FF to Sony, Nikon and Canon this week.
Exactly, I have no idea why Pentax would even bother with a FF camera. None of the switchers are going to bother switching back again. Selling all Pentax gear and aquiring new gear is a royal PITA. And then there's the uncertainty. If they bring out a FF line, will they stick with it? Or will it be a short lived experiment?

Only the people who never gave up waiting will buy the FF body. And people upgrading from bridge cameras and point and shoots for the first time. It will only attract people from CaNiSo if it's really very cheap... But I doubt Pentax wants the image of being a cheap brand.
09-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Only the people who never gave up waiting will buy the FF body.
This is way too pessimistic. There are gazillions of Canon entry-level camera users out there who will still use APS-C a year from now. Give them a better offer than the 6D, and they may listen. They can't use their EF-S lenses on the 6D anyway, so they're not strongly bound by their equipment.
09-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
This is way too pessimistic. There are gazillions of Canon entry-level camera users out there who will still use APS-C a year from now. Give them a better offer than the 6D, and they may listen. They can't use their EF-S lenses on the 6D anyway, so they're not strongly bound by their equipment.
True, if Pentax can undercut the other brands with it's FF signifacantly, they may be able to pull in some of the other brands users. But how is a tiny company like Pentax going to produce THAT cheap. They lack the volumes. Moreover, do we really want Pentax to become known as the 'cheap' brand again? Pentax has been struggling to fight that stigma for years now.