Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Banned

So what happened to the K-3 ?

QuoteQuote:
Pentax Ricoh has announced its latest flagship DSLRs - the K-5 II and K-5IIs.
Pentax Ricoh announces Pentax K-5 II DSLR and K-5 IIs with no low-pass filter: Digital Photography Review

09-10-2012, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Either shown at Photokina or just a figment of somebodys imagination
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter

FF sensor not available (yet). Sony is hoarding supply save to very wealthy Nikon until they have their models announced and blooded in the market.
09-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
FF sensor not available (yet). Sony is hoarding supply save to very wealthy Nikon until they have their models announced and blooded in the market.
I don't think the K-3 is FF....

09-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The K-3 was an April Fool's joke from this website that various outlets picked up and ran with as though it were real.
09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #6

Well, the optimist in me looks at the announcement and notes that the K5ii is the new flagship dslr... which obviously means that the K3 or whatever they choose to call it is a fullframe mirrorless.
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Forum Member

Pentax probably isn't allowed to preempt Sony and Nikon's 24MP FF releases, so I suspect we'll here more about the Pentax FF later? The fact that the new top Pentax APS-C DSLR model is just an update and not a totally new model probably bodes well for a FF DSLR. A mirrorless FF would be a huge let down for so many who have waited for a Pentax FF DSLR.
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I'm hopeful that it will be announced on the first day of Photokina as they did with the K-5.

09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Pentaxian

It is odd. If an APS-C 24MP body were to be announced at Photokina as many suspected, I can't imagine Pentax would leap to "flagship" status on the K-5 II for just a few weeks. Still, if the K-5 II with the Prime II has sub-par video than even the K-01, I can't see how that's OK for a flagship.

I'd say either the firmware upgrades allow for much better video on the K-5 II and the K-3 is a full frame, or the K-5 II will be quickly dethroned with flagship status within a few months by an APS-C K-3. I personally would prefer the former situation.
09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #10

gotta admit i hope they have a k-3 to pull out at photokina as this k5 II is abit under whleming - its just a k5 with better low light autofocus - and i know many people wll disagree with me but i found the k5 fine - if i could see it through the viewfinder the camera autofocus could too and tahts about all i would ever expect from a camera

i mean come on even if they had give afew extra focus points would ahve made it abit more interesting - and the higher specd camera has the older processor in it where the k30 has the better one - thats wrong it should have had the prime m in it - at that i would have forgiven them for an incremental update
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
The K-3 was an April Fool's joke from this website that various outlets picked up and ran with as though it were real.

Really??

Thank you so much for the info.

I would never have known that. How crazy!!!
09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by markac Quote
Pentax probably isn't allowed to preempt Sony and Nikon's 24MP FF releases, so I suspect we'll here more about the Pentax FF later? The fact that the new top Pentax APS-C DSLR model is just an update and not a totally new model probably bodes well for a FF DSLR. A mirrorless FF would be a huge let down for so many who have waited for a Pentax FF DSLR.
I hope you are right!
09-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
ogl
Pentaxian

K-5II doesn't look as flagship...Even processor is old. It seems to me one more camera will be announced on the first day of Photokina
09-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Really??

Thank you so much for the info.

I would never have known that. How crazy!!!
Well, trust me, I'm hoping that Pentax announces something else, anything else. Sure, I like the idea of the K-5II, but if that's all they have to offer, then that may be it for me.
09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Nothing happened to it cus it doesn't exist.

That April Fool joke really got folks hopes high.