Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #61
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
how about FF in GXR module with K and M mount ?? call it Ricoh Pentax FF - just guess

09-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
If anyone has a clue about what's coming, it's got to be you. You've been spot on for all these years that I've known you. You've definitely got a rare SMC coated Pentax crystal ball stashed away.
Sorry Bro, I was joking.

So many threads about the mystery 9th announcement, I just couldn't help but step in for the party

This round I have to disappoint you, sorry ...
09-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Sorry Bro, I was joking.

So many threads about the mystery 9th announcement, I just couldn't help but step in for the party

Frank = Fortinbras.
09-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a very legit source which told me that there will be a FF called Z1sD that will be announced in few days. :-(

09-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I had a very legit source which told me that there will be a FF called Z1sD that will be announced in few days. :-(
I don't have the strength(mentally) to carry yet another FF rumor
09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I don't have the strength(mentally) to carry yet another FF rumor
But I eves saw a picture of it, along with that of a lens too. :-P
09-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
The rumour was nine announcements, not nine products. Given the amount of acclaim that has been given to SMC coatings over the years, HD could actually be a pretty big deal.
Not saying that there should be nine announcements ...

But Pentax HD coating is nothing but Nano Crystal Coating like Nikon uses it in the 24-70/2.8G or 70-200/2.8G-II and other lenses since a couple years. Such Nikon lenses carry an "N" designation, Canon lenses an "SWC" designation (Subwavelength Structure Coating). Canikon seem to have introduced this some 3-5 years ago. I would have thought that it is part of newer Pentax lenses SMC coating as it is the current state of the art.

BTW, many lenses with nano coating use it on one or a few surfaces only. Is anything known for Pentax' HD coating?

Last edited by falconeye; 09-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Sorry Bro, I was joking.

I can see the waterboarding did really work on you
09-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Frank being forced to watch Canikon FF cameras being manufactured in the 1,000's.
09-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
They call it the new flagship model of the K-series.
Maybe it's a "flagship" in the sense of "small, nimble ship that carries the flag." Right behind it is the fearsome and heavily armed battleship.

Yeah, I got nuthin'.
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #71
Pentaxian

The real surprise
09-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Frank = Fortinbras.
Hehe, you got this right I haven't spoken much lately indeed ...

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
I can see the waterboarding did really work on you
Got nothing new to tell, even waterboarding me won't work But just for the fun part, let the speculation continue

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Frank being forced to watch Canikon FF cameras being manufactured in the 1,000's.
And don't forget Sony too, not just FF camera but FF camcorder as well
09-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #73
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Not saying that there should be nine announcements ...

But Pentax HD coating is nothing but Nano Crystal Coating like Nikon uses it in the 24-70/2.8G or 70-200/2.8G-II and other lenses since a couple years. Such Nikon lenses carry an "N" designation, Canon lenses an "SWC" designation (Subwavelength Structure Coating). Canikon seem to have introduced this some 3-5 years ago. I would have thought that it is part of newer Pentax lenses SMC coating as it is the current state of the art.

BTW, many lenses with nano coating use it on one or a few surfaces only. Is anything known for Pentax' HD coating?
Not much other than it is similar to Aero Bright but not as good. Of course little is publicly known about Aero Bright other than it is nano tech.
09-16-2012, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #74
Veteran Member

And don't forget Sony too, not just FF camera but FF camcorder as well
If I wanted to go Sony I'd go camcorder any time of day, that is where they are strong in, Their dslr's tend to become camcorders in a dslr housing but the shape of camcorders has eveolved with handling as a camcorder in mind . Sony dslr's , well they do take pics but ergonomically they are flawed camcorders...
09-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
If I wanted to go Sony I'd go camcorder any time of day, that is where they are strong in, Their dslr's tend to become camcorders in a dslr housing but the shape of camcorders has eveolved with handling as a camcorder in mind . Sony dslr's , well they do take pics but ergonomically they are flawed camcorders...
The last Sony (other than some Palm OS CLIEs and TVs) I bought was a Sony DCR-PC5 MiniDV in 2000. Still have it, but haven't used it for probably over 8 years. It cost me a bomb back then. Don't think I'd spend that kind of money for a FF Sony camcorder or camera now. I have a cheapy JVC HD videocam which works perfectly fine when needed