Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
HAHA... drama, socialization, leaving a person on edge, best marketing ploy ever, especially when you dont have anything to offer and you need to whip it up... Some thing tells me you were hired by pentax to keep everyone hanging till they can get a decent model out there, they may have plans, but probably want to show a working model instead of just plans... I dont blame em, wait to see what people come to the table with and tweak your product from there after seeing whats out there... No wonder they rehashed both cameras, saving time and money for the good stuff. I just hope this "finishing off hoyas road map" does not mean the end of the Q, as it a Hoya or Ricoh product? just looked at the bottom of my Q and def say hoya, hopefully they dont cut it off...
If Adam was hired by Pentax then he's disloyal, publicly criticizing his employer in many posts. This forum has a mix of "Pentax is great" and "Pentax screwed up" posts by a variety of members. It's hardly a Pentax PR outlet. It wouldn't surprise me if Pentax pays for some advertising but there's not a wholesale cleansing of negative comments.

(The original deleted thread is a good reminder that things can't be undone after posted online. Someone's going to have the page saved or cached locally and can recover it, or Google or the Wayback Machine will have a snapshot.)

09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
If Adam was hired by Pentax then he's disloyal, publicly criticizing his employer in many posts. This forum has a mix of "Pentax is great" and "Pentax screwed up" posts by a variety of members. It's hardly a Pentax PR outlet. It wouldn't surprise me if Pentax pays for some advertising but there's not a wholesale cleansing of negative comments.

(The original deleted thread is a good reminder that things can't be undone after posted online. Someone's going to have the page saved or cached locally and can recover it, or Google or the Wayback Machine will have a snapshot.)
+1 to both points. There's no way Adam is in Pentax's pocket; he's way too openly critical of what Pentax does for that to fly.
09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Canon has ergonomics? I mean, I sure agree with you there!
oh man, I don't know how anyone uses any Canon's. whenever I'm handed one it feels like I need to practice in controsionist methods just to change apreture.
09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
(...)

Indeed...

09-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
*cough*

Well, it's a good thing I'm a first post in that thread...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxian-lounge/198732-dont-lose-hope-pe...awaits-us.html

But at least the thread is open again - just missing Adam's special words
09-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
*cough*

Well, it's a good thing I'm a first post in that thread...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxian-lounge/198732-dont-lose-hope-pe...awaits-us.html

But at least the thread is open again - just missing Adam's special words
still can't see that thread, but I'll take your word for it (-:
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lol come on people, have some discretion! The thread was removed for a reason, we all know it existed, now shut up about it

09-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #83
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol come on people, have some discretion! The thread was removed for a reason, we all know it existed, now shut up about it
So the first rule of FF thread club is...
09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackseh Quote
still can't see that thread, but I'll take your word for it (-:
It's for Pentaxians only :P
09-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Montoya Quote
So the first rule of FF thread club is...
No, pretty much the opposite of that.

The first rule of PF FF thread club is to talk about FF in every single thread, all the time, whether or not it's on topic.
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
To put it in another perspective; if and when the FF Pentax camera comes out, every single manufacturer on Earth will have one FF body already. Even Casio will have one. And even the iPhone 5ff. Thus, to clearly differentiate itself from the rest of the crowd, and to be really interesting (that's their motto, right?), Pentax will show they have made one, but then scrap it in front of our eyes because they really don't want to be like everyone else ..

And from his back pocket, Noboru Akabane will pull out a .. Q-nano!, which utilises specially designed 1mm diagonal CMOS sensor and a whole lineup of 32 lenses, each of a size of a green pea, and all weighting together a mere 56 grams!

I've been off the forum for some time but had to jump in. I'm on the bandwagon for FF and am also really frustrated with this exact thing....the almost fanatical way some companies, including Pentax, keep marketing smaller and smaller cameras! Geez guys! Some of us have bigger hands! For crying out loud, the ergo on a Q is horrible! I have to have a battery grip for my K-5 or I can't hold the thing comfortably...or more importantly, reliably!!

The reason I have been a loyal Pentax shooter for so many years was because they made tanks....something with substance...something that could take a beating. And I'm a landscape shooter that doesn't mind hauling a tank into the field. It's saved my a*s many times. My K1000 took many a tumble without issue.

And now many of the folks I write articles for are recommending I get a FF camera because it's a "professional big boys" camera. Doesn't matter that my image quality is no different, maybe even better, than some of those FF guys. You can't argue with bias. And bias pays the bills.

Size matters folks! It goes for bodies and for sensors!

....end rant.
09-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
No, pretty much the opposite of that.

The first rule of PF FF thread club is to talk about FF in every single thread, all the time, whether or not it's on topic.
It's Godwin's Law of PentaxForums.

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability someone threatening to switch to Canikon if Pentax doesn't release a full frame approaches 1.
09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote

I have to have a battery grip for my K-5 or I can't hold the thing comfortably...or more importantly, reliably!!

The reason I have been a loyal Pentax shooter for so many years was because they made tanks....something with substance...something that could take a beating. And I'm a landscape shooter that doesn't mind hauling a tank into the field. It's saved my a*s many times. My K1000 took many a tumble without issue.

Your K1000 was 5 mm shorter, 23.5 mm thinner and 120 g lighter than your K5 (without grip).
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #89
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote

The reason I have been a loyal Pentax shooter for so many years was because they made tanks....
Yeah, like the ME, MX
09-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Your K1000 was 5 mm shorter, 23.5 mm thinner and 120 g lighter than your K5 (without grip).
I was much younger then with a better memory! Yeah, you're probably right...don't have it any more to compare to. But no denying it could take a beating.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE my K-5. Even if I go FF outside Pentax I will not sell it. I also have my K10 and 20 yet and use them as well. They are a slight bit bigger and heavier. I was one of those who wished the K-5 had the same body as the K20d. But that was another day.
Closed Thread