Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wait to see next week September 17th 2012.

09-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
This forum does nothing but loop content (about Pentax releases and news that is first mentioned by a small handful of users here on the forums and doesn't pop up in the news section until hours later) and is only in place as a revenue stream for it's owner(s). Sorry to sound sour, but instead of spreading false rumors of hope (there is no hope, no one IN THE LOOP gave anybody any impression there was one coming out or in the works so again no hope at the moment) why not focus on spreading good things about the current lineup - these FF nonsense threads do nothing but "salt" Pentax/Ricoh.

- Yep, FF Coming Soon (PentaxForums Said So)
- Wow, If PentaxForums Said So It Must Be True Because It Is A Pentax Site (when actually it is not a Pentax site, just a pentax user site)
- Hmmmm, So Maybe I Need A FF Body Because Pentax Is Developing One
- Ya, FF Is Better; "YaDaYaDaYaDa FF Chatter"
- Wow I Can Do That With FF, Can't Wait Till It Comes Out Next Month Because I...NEED....ONE
- OMG, Pentax Did Not Come Out With One, Nikon Bound I Am, Sorry Pentax, You Told Me FF Was Coming

Ya, great way to help out our beloved brand... (look back at the threads and you will quickly see what I mean)
+1 to this.
PF is unfortunately filled with too many rumour mongers, pseudo armchair experts and critics, penny pinchers, the opinionated and a rag tag of mud slingers and trolls. Just too much negativism...
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
PF is unfortunately filled with too many rumour mongers, pseudo armchair experts and critics, penny pinchers, the opinionated and a rag tag of mud slingers and trolls. Just too much negativism...
HEY!

Those rumor mongers, pseudo armchair experts and critics, penny pinchers, the opinionated and a rag tag of mud slingers and trolls, are people too you know!

Not that this bothers me, I'm just saying...
09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
The thread is back, but the first post by Adam has been, well, let's say edited.
The answers are celar about what it said
Could somebody PM what it said? I'm gathering something like 'your prayers will be answered?'

09-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
I've got the post saved if anyone wants it. :-)
I do I do I do!!!!!!
09-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
That is not only likely but certain. It takes at least 1,5 years to develop a DSLR

Sony, Sigma and two others can do it in less than eleven months
09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I should really just read the whole thread before replying.

09-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Sorry to sound sour, but instead of spreading false rumors of hope (there is no hope, no one IN THE LOOP gave anybody any impression there was one coming out or in the works so again no hope at the moment) why not focus on spreading good things about the current lineup - these FF nonsense threads do nothing but "salt" Pentax/Ricoh.
What if someone did? Think about why it ended up being taken down. In any case, it's not my place to try to convince you guys- it's up to you whether or not you want to believe what I posted earlier, and you're all going to have to make your own individual judgments about future Pentax products until Ricoh officially reveals what they are up to. In the mean time, we shouldn't pick at each other out of frustration just because the current situation looks grim (though today's news about PRIAC, IMO, was a blessing more than anything).

Regarding the homepage news, it would be reasonable to think that a big and respected web site such as ours sources its information from more than just random posts on its forum Same goes for many my posts- just saying.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What if someone did? Think about why it ended up being taken down. In any case, it's not my place to try to convince you guys- it's up to you whether or not you want to believe what I posted earlier, and you're all going to have to make your own individual judgments about future Pentax products until Ricoh officially reveals what they are up to. In the mean time, we shouldn't pick at each other out of frustration just because the current situation looks grim (though today's news about PRIAC, IMO, was a blessing more than anything).

Regarding the homepage news, it would be reasonable to think that a big and respected web site such as ours sources its information from more than just random posts on its forum Same goes for many my posts- just saying.
HAHA... drama, socialization, leaving a person on edge, best marketing ploy ever, especially when you dont have anything to offer and you need to whip it up... Some thing tells me you were hired by pentax to keep everyone hanging till they can get a decent model out there, they may have plans, but probably want to show a working model instead of just plans... I dont blame em, wait to see what people come to the table with and tweak your product from there after seeing whats out there... No wonder they rehashed both cameras, saving time and money for the good stuff. I just hope this "finishing off hoyas road map" does not mean the end of the Q, as it a Hoya or Ricoh product? just looked at the bottom of my Q and def say hoya, hopefully they dont cut it off...
09-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
HAHA... drama, socialization, leaving a person on edge, best marketing ploy ever, especially when you dont have anything to offer and you need to whip it up... Some thing tells me you were hired by pentax to keep everyone hanging till they can get a decent model out there, they may have plans, but probably want to show a working model instead of just plans... I dont blame em, wait to see what people come to the table with and tweak your product from there after seeing whats out there... No wonder they rehashed both cameras, saving time and money for the good stuff. I just hope this "finishing off hoyas road map" does not mean the end of the Q, as it a Hoya or Ricoh product? just looked at the bottom of my Q and def say hoya, hopefully they dont cut it off...
It's Ricoh policy not to discuss their internal policies, decisions, or unnanounced products with outside parties- so no, they didn't hire me (lol). That's not to say that a Ricoh employee can't have a casual dinner conversation with a friend in the photo industry, however.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #56

Think about why it ended up being taken down..
Why did the thread get moved to a subscription only part of the site?
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Regarding the homepage news, it would be reasonable to think that a big and respected web site such as ours sources its information from more than just random posts on its forum...
It would be reasonable to think that a big and respected web site such as ours does not post front page juvenile April fool's pranks that go five times around the net and back. So much for credibility.
09-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #58

It's Ricoh policy not to discuss their internal policies, decisions, or unnanounced products with outside parties- so no, they didn't hire me (lol). That's not to say that a Ricoh employee can't have a casual dinner conversation with a friend in the photo industry, however.
Hahah!! Were you drunk forum posting again? tsk tsk. ;-)
09-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #59
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
It would be reasonable to think that a big and respected web site such as ours does not post front page juvenile April fool's pranks that go five times around the net and back. So much for credibility.
I can assure you that next year's April Fool's joke will be better. And more funny tongue

Adam

09-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #60
Veteran Member

I can assure you that next year's April Fool's joke will be better. And more funny :tongue:
let me help you with that rumor, digital full frame rangefinder with weather sealing and shake reduction sold in a kit with the Pentax -L 43mm 1.9...
Closed Thread