Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #61
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
let me help you with that rumor, digital full frame rangefinder with weather sealing and shake reduction sold in a kit with the Pentax -L 43mm 1.9...
That would be beating a dead horse- another rumor-related joke won't work. It would have to be something more...interactive!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #62

^more interactive? Pentax will make a) apsc will all the bells and whistles and some more new specs, b) k-5 with a FF sensor, and c) a new line of fast and wide lens. then they will have a 24hr poll for people to vote a, b, or c. people will vote via their website or send a sms message somewhere. the product that wins will be the one launched. and we will never see the losing products ever. =)
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I can assure you that next year's April Fool's joke will be better. And more funny :tongue:
Proof is found that the Maya's were right after all?
09-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #64
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That would be beating a dead horse- another rumor-related joke won't work. It would have to be something more...interactive!
It will take an actual FF Pentax body. Hysterical Everyone would think its a joke, but it would be real.

09-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #65
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
It will take an actual FF Pentax body. :Hysterical: Everyone would think its a joke, but it would be real.
To put it in another perspective; if and when the FF Pentax camera comes out, every single manufacturer on Earth will have one FF body already. Even Casio will have one. And even the iPhone 5ff. Thus, to clearly differentiate itself from the rest of the crowd, and to be really interesting (that's their motto, right?), Pentax will show they have made one, but then scrap it in front of our eyes because they really don't want to be like everyone else ..

And from his back pocket, Noboru Akabane will pull out a .. Q-nano!, which utilises specially designed 1mm diagonal CMOS sensor and a whole lineup of 32 lenses, each of a size of a green pea, and all weighting together a mere 56 grams!

Last edited by Uluru; 09-13-2012 at 07:04 AM.
09-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Pentax full frame will come, I believe you Adam.

Btw, how much will it cost to own Nikon D600 + several good lenses. (A 18-55, 50-135/60-250, 50 f1.8 equivalent lens)?

Pentax is like first love.... it's hard to give up but the new one is more and more appealing...
09-13-2012, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Btw, how much will it cost to own Nikon D600 + several good lenses. (A 18-55, 50-135/60-250, 50 f1.8 equivalent lens)?
Well, the D600 body costs the same as a K-5 II and DA* 60-250...you figure out the rest.

09-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Pentax has a new slogan...

APS-C the NEW FF!
09-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Come on guys, life is short, live in the now. If you want/need a FF camera now, then buy it now. A second hand Canon 5D costs less then half the price of the K-5IIs, and it will mount your Pentax glass. Believe me, it's fun.

Moreover, you can fool us once, but... One super-cruel April fools joke is more then enough, nobody with half a brain should fall for the same joke again.
09-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
A second hand Canon 5D costs less then half the price of the K-5IIs, and it will mount your Pentax glass.
But you have to cripple them, right ?
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
But you have to cripple them, right ?
You either have to cut off the aperture lever or shave down the mirror. You don't want to know what I would like to cut off of people who remove the aperture lever.
09-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You either have to cut off the aperture lever or shave down the mirror. You don't want to know what I would like to cut off of people who remove the aperture lever.
The lever doesn't have to be cut. Unscrewing the back and just taking it out is easier and less messy. The removed aperture lever is easily placed back. It could be restored to original condition by a blind monkey.
09-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
+1 to this.
PF is unfortunately filled with too many rumour mongers, pseudo armchair experts and critics, penny pinchers, the opinionated and a rag tag of mud slingers and trolls. Just too much negativism...
This did not help my self-esteem much
09-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
The lever doesn't have to be cut. Unscrewing the back and just taking it out is easier and less messy. The removed aperture lever is easily placed back. It could be restored to original condition by a blind monkey.
oh crap.... now im in trouble. I was going to buy a D600 and an ebay special adapter to use Pentax Glass even with the loss of IQ. But now... oh boy. I hate Canon egronomics, but I can find a used MKII for cheap
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
oh crap.... now im in trouble. I was going to buy a D600 and an ebay special adapter to use Pentax Glass even with the loss of IQ.
Canon has ergonomics? I mean, I sure agree with you there!
Closed Thread