• Sony: RX-1, a99 - VG900 (Sony)
  • Leica: M-E, M (TRUESENSE, CMOSIS/STM)
  • Pentax: ...

09-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
He said that he wished that Pentax could have more for the event, but in this case it's better to take your time and release something that people want when the time is right. There have been new announcements, however- we can't overlook the new 645D macro lens and the HD coating. The R&D put into both of those will surely pay off later down the road in consumer products.

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
Pentax: ...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2012, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
something that people want when the time is right.
Something that people want. And when the time is right. They don't visit www.Pentaxforums.com at all, do they? He seems completely oblivious. And while we assume he's talking about a certain sensor format, he is probably really talking about a metallic purple K30 covered with Swarofsky stones.
09-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #34
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Something that people want. And when the time is right. They don't visit www.Pentaxforums.com at all, do they? He seems completely oblivious. And while we assume he's talking about a certain sensor format, he is probably really talking about a metallic purple K30 covered with Swarofsky stones.
Bravo!

09-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Something that people want. And when the time is right. They don't visit Pentax Forums - K-5, K-30, K-01, 645D - The Largest Pentax Camera Forum, News, and Review Site at all, do they? He seems completely oblivious. And while we assume he's talking about a certain sensor format, he is probably really talking about a metallic purple K30 covered with Swarofsky stones.
Meh- for someone who's never met him, you seem to know a lot tongue

I know that we're all frustrated (myself included) that nothing big has come yet, but it's definitely on its way!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #36
Pentaxian

I'd say the 52.17cm long, 3.04kg HD DA 560mm is definitely something "big" But indeed, the next big thing is on its way.
09-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Do we have any hands-on feedback regarding the new K-5s AF?

09-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
he is probably really talking about a metallic purple K30 covered with Swarofsky stones.
Surely not!

Because the name is Swarovski ! See this "Hello Kitty Hearts" Limited Edition for merely 500€: http://www.swarovski.com/Web_DE/de/1142934/product/Hello_Kitty_Hearts,_Limit...gabe_2012.html

Probably, he rather thought about the announcements of the K-3 and the 645DII ... and unfortunately not ... about a FF mockup/prototype ...
Maybe we should raise some funds for clay ... for a corresponding model for the CP+ ...
09-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #39
Veteran Member

I'd like to see how fast the DC motor can spin the DA 560's focus from MFD to infinity and vv. There were some statements here in the forum that say the DC motor cannot handle heavy lenses (hence no DC for DA*s, albeit SDM's frequent failure rate). Maybe DC was possible on the 560 because it only has 6 elements?
09-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I know that we're all frustrated (myself included) that nothing big has come yet, but it's definitely on its way!
I'm not frustrated; just making fun of the situation. Because I'm happily using my Pentax glass on my 5D. Life is to short to wait. I do have a few Pentax lenses from which I can't remove the aperture lever without damaging them though. LOL, maybe I should cut the aperture lever from one of them and send it in an envelope to Pentax? With the text, of course formed by cut and glued newspaper letters, "The 50mm will be next..."
09-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolffy Quote
It's pink, looks to be a fujifilm

whata re you talking abot? I just read the word Photokina
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #42
Banned

24 mp full frame

Well it is al about the sensor I think. So this new 24mp sensor from Sony is appearing in a lot of camera's:
  1. Nikon D600
  2. Sony Alpha 99
  3. Sony RX1
  4. Leica M......is this Sony?
  5. Hasselblad evil....if ever
  6. Sony NEX......is that coming?
  7. Pentax K-1......is that coming

I think that it is still possible, but it would be nice to hear about.
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well it is al about the sensor I think. So this new 24mp sensor from Sony is appearing in a lot of camera's:
  1. Nikon D600
  2. Sony Alpha 99
  3. Sony RX1
  4. Leica M......is this Sony?
  5. Hasselblad evil....if ever
  6. Sony NEX......is that coming?
  7. Pentax K-1......is that coming

I think that it is still possible, but it would be nice to hear about.
The Leica does not use the Sony sensor.

New ?Leica M? Uses CMOSIS? 24-MP CMOS Image Sensor - CMOSIS
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #44
Dan
Pentaxian

Meh- for someone who's never met him, you seem to know a lot :tongue:

Oh, I definitely believe you. I have no doubt that Pentax is working on a very special full-frame digital SLR (and other goodies).

Let the naysayers say "nay". I say "good things come to those who wait."

Patience is a virtue.

Dan
09-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Adam

Thanks for the coverage so far.

Please ask to see both sides of mounts for the new Q-K adapter. I'd like to see what if any electrical contacts might be there.

Take a few snaps for us on this so we can know and see for ourselves, okay?