Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hands-On at Photokina and the Pentax Booth

Photokina 2012 in Pictures: A Tour - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

It was certainly a fun day- and now you can read all about what we saw and heard

09-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Adam. Of note, this is encouraging:

Pentax representatives that we talked to couldn't refute that those who are patient will be rewarded with some great Pentax products in the future!* It may be tempting to switch to another brand now that both Canon and Nikon have affordable full-frame bodies, but there are certain things that even they cannot beat Pentax at, and that's why we're confident that Pentax will be making a big comeback under Ricoh's leadership.
09-17-2012, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

Pentax representatives that we talked to couldn't refute that those who are patient will be rewarded with some great Pentax products in the future!* It may be tempting to switch to another brand now that both Canon and Nikon have affordable full-frame bodies, but there are certain things that even they cannot beat Pentax at, and that's why we're confident that Pentax will be making a big comeback under Ricoh's leadership.
Sigh, this is exactly what I found the most discouraging quote from the entire article. Translated into English this simply means "We have no plans currently *at all* for future products. We know that, save a few features, we're beat by the competition. We're hoping that, despite the pull to greener pastures, these few features will be enough for you to stick around, so sometime in the future we may at some point actually release new stuff that is competitive."

Sorry, but the line "...couldn't refute..." is simply a lawyers way to say nothing while sounding good. On the same note I cannot refute that I have money-printing pixies in my back-yard....
09-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The salesman said what you wanted to hear, while actually telling you nothing. He's a good salesman ! Vaporware, that is what we call it in the world of software development. It will be interesting to see what Pentax execs have to say about the future, but it's going to have to be awfully convincing if they wish to sustain such high hopes.

p.s. the Fuji blonde made a good impression obviously ;-) she should be handling a Q10 !

09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Adam..... but you promise FF is real. Sigh...
looks like you know nothing more than us did.... :P
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Adam..... but you promise FF is real. Sigh...
looks like you know nothing more than us did.... :P
That first photo looks "full-framed" too me
09-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Banned

Nice, looking forward to it, and visiting on wednesday.

09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Obviously they will have to release *something* in the future, so there is a roadmap somewhere, we just don't know what's on it.
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VTerlakyPhoto Quote
Sigh, this is exactly what I found the most discouraging quote from the entire article. Translated into English this simply means "We have no plans currently *at all* for future products. We know that, save a few features, we're beat by the competition. We're hoping that, despite the pull to greener pastures, these few features will be enough for you to stick around, so sometime in the future we may at some point actually release new stuff that is competitive."

Sorry, but the line "...couldn't refute..." is simply a lawyers way to say nothing while sounding good. On the same note I cannot refute that I have money-printing pixies in my back-yard....
Lol. The first thing I thought when reading that line was that Adam's day job is lawyer.

But Pentax's non-response does not mean they have no plans. Ricoh didn't buy Pentax simply for the rush of kissing $100M goodbye.

Pentax most assuredly has plans, they do have new products in the pipeline, and they will be announced when they're ready to market them.
09-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Yeah, and jam tomorrow...
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

What ever happened to just being happy?

Why is "new" so exciting to you lot?

Hugs his K10, carries on with life :P
09-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
What ever happened to just being happy?

Why is "new" so exciting to you lot?

Hugs his K10, carries on with life :P
You just don't get it do you? The newest is the greatest and the best. Until you get a K20 (like me) you will never understand. Shheesh! Some people.
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
p.s. the Fuji blonde made a good impression obviously ;-) she should be handling a Q10 !
Didn't even notice what she was holding.
What are we talking about?
Maybe Pentax needs more booth babes to distract users from the lack of a FF body
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
Veteran Member

EXACTLY!

People matter, Girls in booths matter. cameras of different size sensors, geees are we that boring. :P

*goes to find some booth babes*

QuoteQuote:
You just don't get it do you? The newest is the greatest and the best. Until you get a K20 (like me) you will never understand. Shheesh! Some people.
Shhhh found some babes :P
09-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Can someone fill me in what is on the GXR in the photos? I can understand how everyone missed it with that Blond- Pentax, whats a Pentax??...lol