Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #91
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,325
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I wonder how it compares to the FA31 on FF.
That would be a very interesting comparison

12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #92
Site Supporter
NeverSatisfied's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 666
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But seriously, the vignetting is more pronounced than the vignetting I usually add in Aperture when I want vignetting
.
If your'e taking pictures of white walls it's noticeable, but wouldn't it depend on your subject matter as to whether it was really that objectionable? The YouTube test was done on a full-frame Canon; do you think the situation would improve at all using a K5, for example? At least until we get some testing done on Pentax cameras, I still don't see the vignetting as a deal-breaker. I'm still interested!
12-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #93
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
Vignetting is clearly an issue but the lens seems impressive nonetheless.
Sigma definitely goes up, and price accordingly.
12-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #94
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,580
The Lenstip review also highlights how relatively good the 35mm SamYang is ...

12-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #95
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But seriously, the vignetting is more pronounced than the vignetting I usually add in Aperture when I want vignetting

I wonder how it compares to the FA31 on FF.
Sigma A 35 mm f/1.4 DG HSM Image resolution



Pentax smc FA 31 mm f/1.8 AL
Image resolution
12-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #96
Veteran Member
filorp's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aberdeen Scotland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 389
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Pentax smc FA 31 mm f/1.8 AL
unfortunately, the test sample they had was'nt up to the standard sample of 31limited we all know very well - there was a big quarrel on polish version of this test about that.... another example of dropping QC in Vietnam Pentax Factory to say the least...
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #97
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 361
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Sigma A 35 mm f/1.4 DG HSM Image resolution



Pentax smc FA 31 mm f/1.8 AL
Image resolution
The numbers aren't comparable, between different cameras.
12-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #98
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
Wow what a review! If I ever decided to replace my Zeiss 35/2, this lens would be in the top of the list (of course I consider my Zeiss perfect, so I doubt this would happen).

I am looking forward to seeing Sigma surge. They make good products, and have a very creative camera line that I'd love to see improve.

12-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #99
Veteran Member
Sol Invictus's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 392
The dpreview/dxo review is out and it's pretty much in line with everyone else. I have to say, if sales of Nikon and Canon 35mm f/1.4s don't drop like a rock, I will be highly disappointed. You would have to be out of your mind to pay hundreds of dollars more for inferior products.
12-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #100
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 8,934
Why not link to the DPReview review of the Sigma 35/1.4?
12-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
If the Sigma was weather sealed it would be st the top of my list right now, but since I already have an excellent copy of the 31mm I just don't see me buying it currently.

Sigma talked about a 135mm F/2 a couple of years back. It was mentioned at the same time as the 35mm so hopefully the 135mm will be making an appearance soon. I just hope it is WR.
12-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #102
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
If the Sigma was weather sealed it would be st the top of my list right now, but since I already have an excellent copy of the 31mm I just don't see me buying it currently.

Sigma talked about a 135mm F/2 a couple of years back. It was mentioned at the same time as the 35mm so hopefully the 135mm will be making an appearance soon. I just hope it is WR.

There is a limit to how much I will pay for a Sigma lens (relative to the focal length of course).
12-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
There is a limit to how much I will pay for a Sigma lens (relative to the focal length of course).
I have the Sigma 50mm and the 85mm and they are both really good lenses. I don't really care who's name is on the lens as long as it produces excellent images, and the new Sigma glass is definitely up there.
12-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #104
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I have the Sigma 50mm and the 85mm and they are both really good lenses. I don't really care who's name is on the lens as long as it produces excellent images, and the new Sigma glass is definitely up there.
I am not arguing whether or not they are good. However, the 85mm cost more than my FA 77mm and the new version of the 105mm macro is more than the D FA 100/2.8 WR IF they had it in k-mount which they don't. I used the Sigma 105/2.8 EX DG macro a long time and it was an excellent lens. It was also very competitively priced at the time.
12-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I am not arguing whether or not they are good. However, the 85mm cost more than my FA 77mm and the new version of the 105mm macro is more than the D FA 100/2.8 WR IF they had it in k-mount which they don't. I used the Sigma 105/2.8 EX DG macro a long time and it was an excellent lens. It was also very competitively priced at the time.
For a Macro lens I would buy the D-FA 100mm WR over the Sigma. I almost bought the 77mm instead of the 85mm. Both are really good lenses, and I wish I had the slightly shorter focal length. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Give the quality and warranty that Sigma has been providing over the last couple of years, I think they have surpassed Pentax in optics. The innovation, the warranty, the selection, the quality..... right now Pentax has a lot o catching up to do.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors, sigma, sigma 35mm f/1.4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX DC HSM -or- 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG HSM AirBoss Sold Items 8 05-20-2012 06:52 AM
For Sale - Sold: FA 35mm f/2, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM II, DA* 50-135mm, Samsung GX-10 kit GLXLR Sold Items 12 07-23-2011 01:26 PM
Wanted - Acquired: Sigma 150-500mm HSM, 150mm MACRO HSM, Sigma 18-250 HSM, Sigma 10-20mm HSM mackloon Sold Items 7 05-01-2011 02:25 AM
Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX ASP HSM (ver. 1) - opinions? ajuett Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 05-02-2010 09:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top