Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
AF for M-mount, that would be something new
Ha ha! Oops. I didn't even think about that little detail of M mount glass not being AF. I was thinking more generally about adapters for using lenses meant for one mount on another mount. That said, I've got to give credit to anyone who can do all or most their shooting with manual focus, be it with Leica's M lenses, Pentax's legacy lenses, with a rangefinder, with a DSLR, or with any set up.

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Sony has an adapter for using a-mount lenses on NEX that contains a PDAF module, and Olympus has an adapter that allows AF with 4/3 lenses on m4/3. Can't think of any others right now.
Thanks for the info. The new Canon EOS M has an EF/EF-S to EF-M adapter that has AF and IS. I don't think the new Pentax K to Q adapter has AF. So, it seems that if you stay within the same brand you have a chance of retaining AF.

And just so that I have a little bit to contribute regarding the original thread topic, while I don't think the K-5II is much of a leap forward, it does look to be a very nice camera at a fair price that will have the not-so-little benefit of maintaining compatibility with all the original K-5 accessories like the battery grip and focusing screens.

10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #167
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
not in News and Rumors.
That is just one little section of PF.
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That is just one little section of PF.
i understand that, but its still photography taken from Pentax brand cameras is it not? Pentax's marketing and market position thus affects everyone here, unless they don't plan to buy anything Pentax ever again.

Last edited by illdefined; 10-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
10-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
All of this takes time
THANK YOU!!!
I've tried often to explain this. Typically one doesn't see the first externally visible change for 18 or so months and the full structure and new business model isn't in place for 30 or so months. We're just barely into the thirteenth month since the announcement.

Akahane and Malcolm @ PRI Americas is a very big deal.

10-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #170
Site Supporter

i understand that, but its still photography taken from Pentax brand cameras is it not? Pentax's marketing and market position thus affects everyone here, unless they don't plan to buy anything Pentax ever again.
Like I said Pentax centric photography. There are some other images posted. Many members have more than one brand of digital and film camera. The PF is a lot more vast than just this one little News & Rumors forum.

Last edited by Blue; 10-05-2012 at 11:26 AM.
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #171
Veteran Member

...doesn't change anything I've said. If anything, Pentax's market positioning applies even more to photographers who use Pentax along with other brands.
10-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #172
Site Supporter

...doesn't change anything I've said. If anything, Pentax's market positioning applies even more to photographers who use Pentax along with other brands.
I wasn't debating the marketing aspect. I was talking about the photography aspect.

10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #173
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
That said, I've got to give credit to anyone who can do all or most their shooting with manual focus, be it with Leica's M lenses, Pentax's legacy lenses, with a rangefinder, with a DSLR, or with any set up.
Thank you!
10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #174
Veteran Member

cheer up: swapping systems to nikon is not that big a deal

if you buy all lenses second hand anyway it is basically free!

and then you can swap back in a couple years when pentax catch up.
11-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #175

in an ideal world any Dslr lens would fit any Dslr camera...never going to happen though.
11-23-2012, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #176
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
THANK YOU!!!
I've tried often to explain this. Typically one doesn't see the first externally visible change for 18 or so months and the full structure and new business model isn't in place for 30 or so months. We're just barely into the thirteenth month since the announcement.

Akahane and Malcolm @ PRI Americas is a very big deal.
I'm posting a link to Ricoh's IR page. In the PDF called "Financial Highlights/Appendix" for FY2013 Interim, the very last page shows their sales forecasts. "Other" is the category including Pentax. They are forecasting a 111% increase for the Americas, 75% increase for EMEA and 56% for other countries. Japan is just 8.5%. That is the biggest increase anywhere in the corporate group and implies a serious effort of some sort. So I'm pretty sure that America is a recognised as being a big deal for Ricoh.
http://www.ricoh.com/IR/

And, by the way, the changes are already very apparent in Japan. Much more promotion and much more prominent placement in stores.
11-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #177
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
They are forecasting a 111% increase for the Americas, 75% increase for EMEA and 56% for other countries.
Very interesting, thanks for posting!
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #178
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
cheer up: swapping systems to nikon is not that big a deal

if you buy all lenses second hand anyway it is basically free!

and then you can swap back in a couple years when pentax catch up.
Or you could use ....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/206248...camcorder.html