Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What I would like to hear about: (in random order)

- What is the vision behind the new series of lenses the DA560/5.6 is the first of? Will this be the equivalent of the F* and FA* series of old? Or is that still reserved for the DA* series?
- What target audience does Pentax intend to reach with the new K-5IIs other than their current audience? The removal of the low pass filter is an interesting move. I would like to know the (non technical) reasoning behind it.
- What is Pentax's vision of the future of photography? And what role does Pentax see for itself in this future? I'm not referring to FF here, but to photography in general.

Wim

09-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #47
ASa

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1. Roadmap and/or communication with customers. Updating the roadmap after revealing the planned lenses would at least indicate something is happening.
2. Why, why, why HD? SMC* would've been a more obvious choice... I know it really doesn't matter much, but it makes me worried about their intentions on Pentax legacies.
3. K5 is still a great camera, and hopefully the K5II/s with the improved parts is even better! Keep up the good work!
09-18-2012, 11:55 PM - 2 Likes   #48

Photos: Albums
I don't really have questions, just some advice:
1. K5-II/s should be available in silver from the start as a no cost option, not some limited edition thing months after sales start. I'd love a silver K5, but already had a black one by the time they were announced. Seriously, if you can do the K-30 in 18 different finishes then you should be able to do the K5-II in two. Leave the limited editions to Leica.
2. The Q series needs a quality wide angle (or two), but keep them small. Make the next Q body something for advanced users, not teenage girls. It is actually good as it is, but feels like it could be much better.
3. Pentax/Ricoh is getting a reputation as being different to the rest, so why not play on it. Be bold. Why not open up the firmware on some cameras to allow user written functions and get a hook into the open-source crowd. You never know what they might come up with if you let them.
09-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #49

1) I would also like to see Pentax FF camera
2) New improved&fast CPU in all DSLR cameras
3) New improved AF system

These are the main items I would see from Pentax next time

09-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #50

AF: More point, smaller size, real tracking function, more customizing function
Flash: upgrade system, it's unpredictable most of time;
tethering: K10D did....come on!
Quality control: no more lens release button falling off, sensor stains...
lenses: SDM II or DC motor on all lenses...sdm lenses are too slow!!
09-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Questions and Requests I'd like to second:

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
3. New Flash system?
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
are we going to see bigger brighter OVFS)?
QuoteOriginally posted by amrocha Quote
Where does Pentax see its AF technology compared to the competition?
QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
Will Ricoh bring back tethering?

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Smaller AF areas (not necessarily more).
Some of my personal requests:
1) Will we see continued improvement Shake Reduction, similar to Olympus' excellent 5 axis sensor stabilization?
2) Will we see in lens image stabilization for longer focal length K-mount lenses? (Seems the 645D has opted for in lens IS)
3) Any chance of a Middle-tier camera with an articulating screen?
4) Any chance of boosting the flash snyc speed to 1/250+? (Like my old film Pentax PZ-1)
5) Mentioned in brief above: Any chance of an Optical Viewfinder with .75x magnification or better with a 35mm f1.4 and 100% coverage? (This would fit the bill of, "unique to Pentax" that we sometimes hear Pentax execs talk about. The closest others have to this kind of magnification on APS-C would be found in Sony's EVF at .71x (which, obviously, is not an OVF).
09-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #52
Veteran Member

New Q to K mount adapter

Can we rule out that the new Q to K mount adapter has electrical contacts or not? (I know it's not likely).

Just the same I'd like to see for myself with photo's of each side of the mounts with photo's, please. I hope that they allow you to take pics.

Thanks

09-19-2012, 12:10 AM - 1 Like   #53

Yeah, Thank 'em for the K-30, the greatest camera at the best price ever, and I'm sure that I'm not just speaking for myself! Pentax has clearly been working hard while going through the transition of changing owners and they need to know how much their efforts are appreciated.

Sure there are things I want, but I know that asking for my every wish to come true is not only unrealistic right now but could be construed as rude especially since Pentax Ricoh is such a young entity.

I have no questions or advice, except to keep going!
09-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #54

Also, stop making lenses only compatible with ASP-C cameras. Make FF lenses
09-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #55

I would like to see a FF in the very near future - costing no more than Euro 3000. If Pentax are unsure of the market, I'm prepared to put up front Euro 1500 to show my commitment. If they aren't going to produce an FF, let us know and I'll very, very reluctantly take my money elsewhere.
09-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #56

AF points in the new AF module in the K-5II have the same size as the previous models? If yes when we can expect new AF with same/more than 11 points and smaller size for better accuracy? What about a new flash system?
09-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #57

I don't care much for FF and this stuff but WHEN will I be able to buy Pentax cameras and lenses in India? India is a huge upcoming market and Pentax is not available here at all. So please ask them about plans for India, hundreds of millions of new potential customers can't be bad for any Pentaxian...
09-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #58

Pentax should work with third party lens makers so that more K-mount lenses are on the market.

Make more lenses WR to accompany Pentax's good and affordable WR bodies. For example, new superzoom (18-270mm F3.5-6.3) without WR is a mistake.

Improve quality control and reliability of the products.
09-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #59

-Since Pentax seems to drag it´s feet on digital FF, how about resurrecting the Pentax 67?

Rollei just released a new 6x6 filmcamera for professional use.

Maybe a new, lighter and smaller Pentax 67 III MF filmcamera would be something "different" indeed.
09-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #60
Inactive Account

Ditto this Trevis....... its Canikon for me too, unfortunately. Always had Pentax (film) cameras, but their reluctance to enter the full frame professional arena has forced me to jump ship : not prepared to wait any longer.
Closed Thread