Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
a possibilty non crippled KAF2 mount in the future?

09-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #92

Ditto -- on any camera higher in price than the K-5II, a non-crippled KAF2 mount. Especially if it's a full-frame body. A full-frame body is going to weigh more than a K-5II, so the 20 grams of weight isn't an issue.

Read the aperture feeler with an optical grey code, don't use a variable resistor that will wear out.
09-19-2012, 05:25 AM - 2 Likes   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1. Improved AF by shrinking the af points. Improved processor power is of little use if the camera can't lock onto what you've thought you'd selected.

2. Rebuild relationships with 3rd party lens makers. Without broader support for the K-mount Pentax's efforts will be of limited impact.

3. A Prosumer camera with all the greatness of the K-5 and the new features, like focus-peaking, of the K-30.

4. Accessories like were available in the 1980s. Cables, cords, brackets, etc. Just update the old ones.

5. Actually carry the items that you do still make, Pentax USA is a joke in this regard and the CS reps are insulting Pentaxians in how they handle honest requests for items listed in the manuals that accompany CURRENT Pentax dSLRs.

6. Tethering. You offered it with the K20D, update it or buy PKTether and improve it by adding LiveView support. Seriously, why would a studio professional even consider Pentax without tethering when Canon provides it for free?

7. Be honest with Pentaxians about SDM. Fix it, repair/replace broken SDM, and clean up that mess.

8. Get real about your lens designations. Too many "DA" lenses do cover FF. Use DFA as it should be used and eliminate the confusion of you current hodge-podge of labels for lenses.

9. In the US please get people who aren't intimidated by enthusiasts who know the Pentax line. Participate in the Pentax Forums and don't act like spoiled children when knowledgeable members ask hard questions or call BS on double-talk.

10. Bring someone in to the US Pentax office who can run a proper website. Look at Pentax Canada and UK for functioning examples.
09-19-2012, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #94
Inactive Account

LAST HOPE: WE STRONGLY CLAIM PENTAX NEED TO HAVE A BETTER MARKETING AND PRODUCT STRATEGY !!!

Please forward the following messages to whom really may concern in Pentax company .

1) Strongly ask for Pentax FF DSLR in coming soon
There are so many loyal (die-hard) Pentaxians in Asia which used Pentax film cameras and DSLR for quite a long time.
They also collected so many Pentax lens (M,A, F & FA). They are very patient to waiting Pentax FF camera year after year.
In this year, we can see the current trend is towards FF- DSLR and APSC-mirrorless camera.
K-5 performance is great in DR and high ISO but it doesn't makes sense to attract them to buy such K-5ll or K-5lls
Pentax must need a clear and firm FF plan in the coming months otherwise there are a lot potential Pentaxians will jump ship soon.

So Pentax : "Our patient are near the limit. We need a clear direction of your FF plan as soon as possible"

2) We need a fully upgrade flash system with more advance P-TTL, more fast re-flash cycle time and up to 1/250 high speed sync mode

3) More accurate in low light ,fast AF and more focusing points in coming SAFOX AF system

4) Update the lens road-map in both APSC or FF lens ( modify the old FA lens is the way to save the investment to develop a new FF lens series)

Last edited by NightPorter; 09-19-2012 at 05:59 AM.
09-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #95
PRS
Forum Member

Penax needs to produce a compact, full-frame dslr to complement the crop cameras. Take a look at the K series 35mm film bodies and the M series bodies for style tips. I do not look for lots of features on my cameras. Basic in-camera processing is nice, sensible shutter speed range is enough (30secs to 1/4000 is fine), good ISO range and decent auto-focus is essential, solid build is good, too. I do not see much point to a KII. The KIIs, however, may be a very good idea. I have read that minus the AA filter the K5 would be capable of superb detailed resolution, so I am prepared to be pesuaded by the evidence. So, the full-frame question needs to be asked. Also, some examples of the quality a KIIs will yield would be worth giving us.
09-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #96
Site Supporter

1) Ask them why only a 1 year warranty on DA* lenses and ltd lenses
2) Why are repair centers so slow
09-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #97

Please give more thought to additional WR DA lenses like the 55-300.

09-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I want a Q adapter with an autofocus motor, as well as a bios upgrade for focus peaking.

I want a K02 with a built-in EVF, preferably without any extension to the top of the camera. (Like the NEX-7). In fact, position it on the left rear of the camera too, that way my nose stays off the screen entirely!

Probably a long shot, but I'd love an affordable autofocus 500mm mirror lens, like the Sony offering.

I don't give a crap about SDM, I prefer the screw drive.

My primary concerns are autofocus accuracy, autofocus speed (note which comes first!), and high ISO/low light performance.

If a body has an optical viewfinder, I want a split prism focusing screen as standard equipment. I don't manual focus often, but when I do I must have a split prism. (Especially for macro work).

Charles.
09-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #99
Site Supporter

Darn. I know I am late but I would like to see as a nice companion to the 18-135 some budget weather sealed lenses like a 135-400 and a 10-24. THye don't have to be fast, just weather sealed and use the same type of autofocus the 18-135 does and have a reasonable arpeture. Also, how about something along the same lines as the Sigma 150-500 or 50-500, or, even better, something that goes out to 600 in a zoom lens?
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #100
Veteran Member

It's all been said, but I'd like to chime in on the following:

1. More WR lenses please! Would like to see more WR primes.
2. Would love to see more third party lens support.
3. Better marketing would be great. The K-30 is a fantastic camera and a great value. You should be shouting about it from the rooftops. Especially in America, I could see the "camera for rugged, outdoorsy types" message resonating strongly.

Thanks for making great cameras and fueling my interest in photography!
09-19-2012, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #101

As was mentioned earlier, a more physical presence w/ the B&M stores. I hate having to make decisions based on products you can't physically see and feel. If Pentax put their 3 colors on a B&M sales floor, I guarantee you, after a short period of time, they couldn't keep up w/the sales. This just simply baffles me. You can only get on line and though that is becoming more the trend, I hate having to purchase something sight unseen. If they have burned bridges in the past, repair them and get their name out in front of the public. Or else I can see their presence diminish even further to the Canikon group.
09-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #102
Veteran Member

Also.. TV COMMERCIALS. Seriously, MARKET already!

Charles.
09-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #103
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Also.. TV COMMERCIALS. Seriously, MARKET already!

Charles.
Really?!? Nikon commercials being shown twice in EVERY comercial block here in the Netherlands made me ignore that brand completely during my selection of which brand to choose when I was upgrading from a bridge camera.
09-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #104
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The interview is now over. Here's Pentax Ricoh's reply to you:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/199507-pentax-ricohs-r...ml#post2105669

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread