Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #76
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Here are my questions:
- What are their plans for the DA* series of lenses?
- On a broader scale, with all the fullframe rumours going around, is high-end Pentax APS-C still a platform they will continue to invest in?
- What kind of improvements can we expect in the future?

09-19-2012, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent job on the flash bracket. You also made several good points. I hope Pentax monitors this site/forum!
09-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #78
Veteran Member

I would like to ask this :
- Why isn't Pentax represented here in South America? As a brazilian Pentax shooter, i have no support from Pentax whatsoever.
- Are you planning on making more DA plastic lenses, such as DA 35mm 2.4 or DA 50mm 1.8? And is there a way to include DC motors in the future versions?
- Is your marketing department planning on extending it's "territory", by making TV ads, etc., and trying to spread the Pentax name again?
- Are there any plans to make Eletronic Viewfinders [preferably unified] for the Pentax mirrorless system? [e.g. an eletronic viewfinder that could attach to the Q10 and K-01]
- Are there any plans for ultrafast telephotos, such as a DA* 200m f2?

Last edited by GabrielFFontes; 09-19-2012 at 02:47 AM.
09-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm... This would have been an excellent poll. That way the subjects could be filtered or sorted on popularity/importance. Off course, I understand there's not enough time for that.

I'd just like to emphasise what others already suggested: Making the software improvements to the K5II(s) available for current K5 owners if possible. That would be a very smart long-term move of Pentax. Giving their userbase more trust in the extended lifetime and support of Pentax products. (Yes, which is already pretty good!)

Oh, and ultrafast lenses... I'm the first to suggest it; am I the only that likes those? It would be a lens category in which the competition isn't that strong.

Same thing goes for higher magnification macro lenses. Everybody does 1:2 and 1:1 even, but 2:1 or bigger magnification is very rare. A niche yes, but isn't that exactly what Pentax likes to do?

09-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #80

Bring back the aperture coupler.
09-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #81
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
A summary of all the replies in this thread has now been generated and will be presented to Pentax, together with the posts themselves. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #82
qbi

QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
I would like to ask this :
- Are you planning on making more DA plastic lenses, such as DA 35mm 2.4 or DA 50mm 1.8? And is there a way to include DC motors in the future versions?
That would be my question too, especially some kind of Nikons 85/1.8D equivalent. I'd love to buy that

09-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam. It will be interesting to hear what comes back.

I would also like to join in with the K-30 appreciation. Good job Pentax. No, GREAT job Pentax!

As a quirky aside, has Pentax considered doing a K-mount folded-optic mirrorless? It's been discussed on these forums before, but it would be a way of really slimming down the product and would be one hell of a prime-magnet!
09-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Communication, communication, communication!

Not what they think, every day, but regular up-dates to remain connected with the user base.
09-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A summary of all the replies in this thread has now been generated and will be presented to Pentax, together with the posts themselves. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!
Thanks, Adam. I hope you also printed out the additional questions and suggestions in the front page string promoting today's interview.
09-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe and fullframe are very important points to ask about. Maybe you could use it as a recurring question during the interview. Who knows, one slip of the tongue and...
09-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
DA*24 f/2, DA 24 f/2.4, DAL 24 f/2.8!!! In fact anything with a 24mm focal length please
09-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #88
Veteran Member

I'd be happy with genuine tethering software and a P-TTL wireless trigger.

Also as DA* lenses can be quite expensive are they planning on bringing out more cheaper DA-L plastic lenses ?
09-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Questions:
QuoteQuote:
Fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, fullframe, [...]
? -> Interview finished .

Exclusive Photokina 2012 Interview with Pentax - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
QuoteQuote:
[...] The interview will consist of a total of twenty questions [...]
I am looking forward to the corresponding twenty replies :

Perhaps, maybe, you never know, we do not rule that out, potentially, it is not a mere myth, possibly, something new will come, we are truly enthusiastic about the future of Pentax Ricoh, we will deliver exciting products, we are actively developing products, ...
09-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I slept on it and realized that I forgot one...while the k5II does feature an improved AF, the system still lacks a significant number of focus points. This is a weak point of canon as well, but canon still offers more than Pentax. Are their any plans to get a competitive number of focus points in their system?
Closed Thread