Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #301

Take a 7D or a D7000, its far from been as well build as the K5, and still more expensive

09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #302
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by french_mike Quote
Take a 7D or a D7000, its far from been as well build as the K5, and still more expensive
I have to disagree, at least with the 7D, that thing is built as solid as a rock and is sealed too.
It is more expensive, doesnt have as good IQ and is heavier... but build-wise, it is also top notch.
09-26-2012, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #303

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I have to disagree, at least with the 7D, that thing is built as solid as a rock and is sealed too.
It is more expensive, doesnt have as good IQ and is heavier... but build-wise, it is also top notch.
I recently went to try it, the 7D (cause i am thinking on switching),
I loved the size of it, no to big, not as small as the K5,
I loved were the front weel is (not to much the big back one), way easier to reach with your finger
I loved the big space for the thumb, and the overall grip
I loved the big viewfinder 100% x1 (x0.92 for pentax)
I loved the AF system
You can upgrade
Sigma and Tamron follow them

But,
Its far not a well build as the K5, it dont feel as solid, the seller approved
Its not as weather sealed as the K5, and definitly not they 300mm f4, the seller approved, and I live in Ireland, beleive me, I test every day the WR of Pentax ! A lot !, and I need someting as good !
I dont think there is as many shortcut as the K5 on the back of the body
They dont have limited prime, love them !
It does not have the Pentax community filling
It will cost me a lot to switch, and deep inside I dont really want, but feel the need as I am affraid for the futur of Pentax, affraid they never upgrade too, affraid to invest in a systeme that I cant trust for the moment.