Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 46 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
OK. I am going to put aside $250 every month from now for Pentax FF. By the time I reach $2500 - $3000, which is in 1 yr time, this either go into Pentax FF or a Nikon D600/D800 + Nikkor lens.
Haha exactly what I've been doing for the past few months.

09-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
They also said that the FF will NOT be at CP+, but chances were high that we'll see one in 2013.
I really missed that sentence. If true, this implies for the first time:

-> Pentax has officially confirmed the development of a full frame DSLR.
09-19-2012, 08:39 AM - 2 Likes   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
i really missed that sentence. If true, this implies for the first time:

-> pentax has officially confirmed the development of a full frame dslr.
Attention all full frame fanatics, let the forum go berserk, we have a full frame in the works!!!!!!!

***goes get the pop-corn***

Last edited by pentaxinator; 09-19-2012 at 08:52 AM.
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for your work here Adam., it is nice to see that we are beginning to get some clear answers to our questions. I'm quite excited to learn that FF is now on the table and I can hopefully look forward to a Pentax FF in the near future to complement my K5.

I'm still wondering about the issue of Flash systems for Pentax and hope that you continue to seek clarity on this issue.

Keep up the good work

09-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #35
Veteran Member

They also said that the FF will NOT be at CP+, but chances were high that we'll see one in 2013.
obviously that part is Adam's own interpretation
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
obviously that part is Adam's own interpretation
You party stopper!!! I had just gotten the pop-corn too.....
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
ogl
Banned

mincing manners in pentax's answers are annoying...

09-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #38
ogl
Banned

I've heard already such confirmations before...
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
mincing manners in pentax's answers are annoying...
That actually rhymes!!
09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Also, when I asked them about the full-frame (even as I was reading the question), everyone couldn't help but smile. People smile when they're hiding something

They also said that the FF will NOT be at CP+, but chances were high that we'll see one in 2013. That's not to say that other shinies won't be announced at CP+!
So, Adam, what are you hiding behind that smiley? Don't read too much into a smile. It's a response that can be triggered by a range of feelings including happiness, guilt, and embarrassment.
09-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If Ricoh is more interested in customer feedback than earlier folks were, they might start by reading the entire "Dear Pentax" thread for a treasure trove of ideas and preferences. If they are not aware of that thread already, then perhaps bring them a hardcopy of that thread--or at least a link to it.
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I've heard already such confirmations before...
Really, after the MZ-D "fiasco"? I cite again: They, i.e. official Pentax/Ricoh representatives,
QuoteQuote:
[...] said that [...] chances were high that we'll see one in 2013. [...]
Has this been recorded/filmed?

And before
QuoteQuote:
[...] Regarding the full-frame: it typically takes at least 18 months to develop a new product [...]
Scoop?
09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #43
ogl
Banned

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/199517-photokina-2012-...on-pentax.html
09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
+1

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Thanks for your work here Adam., it is nice to see that we are beginning to get some clear answers to our questions. I'm quite excited to learn that FF is now on the table and I can hopefully look forward to a Pentax FF in the near future to complement my K5.

I'm still wondering about the issue of Flash systems for Pentax and hope that you continue to seek clarity on this issue.

Keep up the good work
I agree with Bob here. Nice work Adam.

Personally I don't know if I can swing a FF, but it is nice to know that there is one seemingly in the works. I have to chuckle a bit about all the effort here on PF about the release of a FF at this year's Photokina. Seeing as PRICL doesn't even have a sensor supplier yet, how would that be possible? Also regarding the 18 month timeline for a new camera body product, that seems very realistic to me. Seeing as they don't have a sensor supplier yet, that timeline seems all the more realistic.
09-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #45

Regarding nr.2. Great news! The consuming middle class in India is as big as the whole USA's and we really need weather sealed cameras. Sure, perhaps FF is not a priority here, but a camera like the K5II could sell like anything with the proper marketing. I am sure there are millions of photographers with Nikon D60s (still hugely popular here) just waiting to upgrade. I think I just wet my self a bit out of joy.