Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 46 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good post junyo. If Pentax could expand their sales coverage in the many markets where they are poorly represented or not competing at all (from this thread that would be at least the US, South America, India, Russia, China, and New Zealand), they would probably sell a lot more gear than they would by releasing new cameras in existing markets. They are a business, they have to do the things that will maximize short and long term profits. Just because some vocal people want FF right now does not mean that it is a good business move. Their marketing dept knows a lot more about the potential of various strategies than anyone here.

09-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
NO FF till the spring of 2013 - no any serious future for Pentax Ricoh...IMO
They will miss the train of modern photo market forever.
Are you part Mayan?
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #78
Pentaxian

Thanks, Adam!!!
09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Adam a very good job.
but I smell that you know some thing about the full frame and you cant catch the moment to speak about.
as a journalist some times one can feel what the gusest may hide.I can read between the words/there will be a full frame next year.I wish!!

09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
NO FF till the spring of 2013 - no any serious future for Pentax Ricoh...IMO
They will miss the train of modern photo market forever.

no HIGH-END APS-C camera till January, 2013 - really bad...
if they will announce it at CP+, it means that the cameras will be on sale from March, 2013....
K-5 will be almost 2.5 year old!!!!

Amen
Did winter already arrive in Russia?
09-19-2012, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

Woo-hoo, I'm so excited! Finally we have a proper FF rumor release!

Let me think about this for a while. Nikon D600 with a close to class-leading FF sensor and excellent AF, available THIS week. Then on the other hand, we have yet another Pentax rumor that something might get released some year. Something which by previous experience will quite possibly have a f***ed-up 11 point AF and some severe QC issues.

A tough choice.
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Yes, it was said flat out like that.
Could you also verify this :
QuoteQuote:
but chances were high that we'll see one in 2013
And why did you use "were"? Back to the Future?

09-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #83
mee
Veteran Member

So are they going to reply to the questions received in the hard copy or are the 4 questions they answered all?
09-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #84
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
And why did you use "were"?
Perhaps because the situation is rapidly deteriorating
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

Pentax could be smiling because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings about a super-out-of-touch-with-reality FF mirage.

there, I said it, I feel better now
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Pentax and Ricoh historically buy Sony sensors, the same ones used in Nikon and Sony cameras. Sony clearly likes to sell sensors, because they supply other makers too, ergo they would be eager to supply Ricoh Pentax with sensors for R&D and later for production. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales force selling to Pentax and Nikon are operating as a profit center and selling to Sony too, at a discounted price of course.
Sony has the sensors - I get that. What about the notion that Sony will not release the sensor to PRICL until 6 months (or somesuch time) after Sony releases its own body that uses them? Maybe Sony has already supplied PRICL with sensors for PRICL's R & D? Maybe the parties have not agreed on anything? No one knows the answers to any of this. My guess is that PRICL doesn't even have what it needs to come up with a feasible prototype - either from an engineering or production projection standpoint or both. Not sure how hard they have been trying though.
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, it was said flat out like that. It's clear that Pentax's former management (Hoya's) wasn't stellar, and IMO there's no harm in saying that Ricoh's policy thus far has been to focus more on the customer than Pentax did in the past.
What's funny - Hoya's management accused the old Pentax of "lacking vision". What was theirs?
09-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #88
Banned

Photos: Gallery
CEO of Ricoh

I'm not yet home, but had a good day in Cologne. Met Adam and Ole. Had a chance to present the report to Pentax for wich I'm mmuch thankfull to Adam for giving this oppertunity.

I had one other nice meeting. I had a talk with the CEO of Ricoh! He was drawn to me with my yellow K-01, a rare item on the floor.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151187876558970&set=a.101504630...type=1&theater

A very nice day
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm not yet home, but had a good day in Cologne. Met Adam and Ole. Had a chance to present the report to Pentax for wich I'm mmuch thankfull to Adam for giving this oppertunity.

I had one other nice meeting. I had a talk with the CEO of Ricoh! He was drawn to me with my yellow K-01, a rare item on the floor.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151187876558970&set=a.101504630...type=1&theater

A very nice day
Ron, Thanks for all you have done to get them to understand our needs and desires on the lens front. Glad you had your yellow K-01 with you!
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Woo-hoo, I'm so excited! Finally we have a proper FF rumor release!

Let me think about this for a while. Nikon D600 with a close to class-leading FF sensor and excellent AF, available THIS week. Then on the other hand, we have yet another Pentax rumor that something might get released some year. Something which by previous experience will quite possibly have a f***ed-up 11 point AF and some severe QC issues.

A tough choice.
+1...
Don't forget other things that are available RIGHT NOW to support the D600: full frame lenses, that range from bargain to Pro-grade, industry leading flash system and a 5 year warranty.