Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2012, 04:08 PM - 2 Likes   #46
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well said.
As crazy as it sounds, some people believes that all Pentax problems will be solved by halting all R&D, except for few, very specific projects; and that every small project sacked would free enough resources for a competitive FF and a complete FF lens line.
But the company should create only the products *I* want. Because *I* am right and *I* am their customer. ****I**** will be leaving Pentax soon if they don't give me what I told them to give me!!!! The Canon user made fun of me for using an APS body at the photo shoot and I wanted to cry. And this other stuff does not matter to me so it should not exist!!! Pentax ship on rocky path to oblivion!!!!!!!#!#@111!!1

09-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
But the company should create only the products *I* want. Because *I* am right and *I* am their customer. ****I**** will be leaving Pentax soon if they don't give me what I told them to give me!!!! The Canon user made fun of me for using an APS body at the photo shoot and I wanted to cry. And this other stuff does not matter to me so it should not exist!!! Pentax ship on rocky path to oblivion!!!!!!!#!#@111!!1

So no love for the Pentax yoyo? It's full-frame you know........
09-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxinator Quote
Does the shutter fire when its at the bottom of the string?
09-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
mee
Veteran Member

Ooooh. In that case it is OK.

Wait.. it only has 11 AF points! I _CANNOT_ take photographs with only 11 AF points. The Pentax FF yoyo is AF points sensitive and will not turn on as a result. I tried to tell them it is OK and it's not the number of AF points but how you use them.. but it won't listen to me.

Also, this Pentax FF yoyo requires more aquadynamic fish attractors in a neptulian waterfall formation to be of any use.

09-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
Veteran Member

what the hell? They do make CCTV lenses which are used for security reasons, can see this being hung up in shopping malls and what not, 360 degree view of the perps and thugs in action... 360 view camera shaped like that could be used for lots of purposes, especially for science and research...
09-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Do people laugh when companies like GM, Honda, and Audi come out with these crazy far-fetched concept cars on display at auto shows?

Yeah, I guess they probably do laugh.

But those concept cars get people talking. "Hey, did you see that Jeep?" "That's ridiculous!" or "Wow, I like that shift lever, that's a really good idea!" (Or more often, "How do they expect a person to actually fit there?")

Sometimes the concepts go into production with minimal changes. And sometimes they have some components and ideas that are really terrific and end up in regular production cars.

I'm ALL FOR innovation. R&D shouldn't just follow the tried-and-true recipe book.

I want to see MORE like this.
And as a result GM blesses our eyes with the Aztek.

And Pentax with the K-01.
09-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Touché.

09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sol Invictus Quote
And as a result GM blesses our eyes with the Aztek.
Somehow they made the production one even uglier than the concept in that situation. The Isuzu VehiCROSS was another one of them where the concept and production cars were very close, the first time I saw one of those on the road I thought it was a concept. Toyota did it with the Sera and Subaru had the SVX. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get an Aztek.
09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Isuzu VehiCROSS
I had always assumed that one was born out of a bet between designers to see just how ugly a vehicle had to be before not a single person liked it.
09-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #55
Veteran Member

It's great that Pentax does diversified business but still.... I think it would be prude to not show your customers some products they weren't looking for at a convention meant to serve them, and then not talk about the things they were looking for.

I admire the functions this new camera/lens will serve, but for the consumer camera market, it's just silly showing this to them.

Though I am hoping positively that Pentax manages to land a deal with NASA and get this thing on the next rover to Mars!
09-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #56
TAP
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax camera take perfectly for you! Now let's dancing and make happy pictures!

Is it too difficult to contract to a bilingual person to properly translate text? A grade school student with Google Translate could do a better job. Am I the only one who considers this an embarrassment?
09-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TAP Quote
Pentax camera take perfectly for you! Now let's dancing and make happy pictures!

Is it too difficult to contract to a bilingual person to properly translate text? A grade school student with Google Translate could do a better job. Am I the only one who considers this an embarrassment?
Yoda is the new Pentax spokesperson? Pictures you takes it is?
09-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #58

My son likes this for sure...
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #59

Photos: Albums
Pentax FF camera exist now ! : K5 II & K5 IIs ! ===>>>> Fast Focus Camera !

09-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #60
Inactive Account

This thing is BRILLIANT!

Okay fanboys - pull your heads out of your butts for a minute and think about something besides what you want: this thing takes a 360-degree panorama in one shot! If you've ever taken a full 360 panorama with a DSLR you know two things:

1) It sucks without a motor-driven mount because of alignment and because people and cars and stuff move during the 2-to-3 minute shooting time (once you get good at it). I've done this with a pan head and with a ball head and both suck.

2) It sucks with a motor-driven mount because they cost a bundle, vibrate like crazy, and people and cars and stuff move during the 60 seconds shooting time it takes.

Professionals (no I'm not one) who take 360's will love this thing! It will pay for itself in a few sessions (they charge a LOT for 360 panos - I watched the guy take the one at the Democratic National Convention with a motor-driven mount and it was excruciatingly slow - but I'll bet he got more than the cost of a good DSLR for that one shot).

Right now pano shooters rarely get more than one take - with a single-shot pano camera they can take several shots and have some insurance for a change.