Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I kinda want them to edit the video with a big Cheshire Cat face when the question is asked and then have it slowly fade away laughing...
That would be sufficient:

09-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #17

Thanks Adam!
Can't wait!
09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Another update: I'm looking to post it before noon on the 22nd, eastern time. Everything is now ready to go

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another update: I'm looking to post it before noon on the 22nd, eastern time. Everything is now ready to go

Thanks Adam!
Can't wait!

09-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

video's up but the link in the post is broken, here's where I watched:

09-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Having watched the video of the interview, I was surprised how non-committed Pentax presented themselves about the development of an FF camera. Mr. André Dierickx stated something along the lines that they are thinking about a potential development harder than they have been before but made it quite clear that there is no actual development going on yet.

I definitely interpret the smiles as a response to the "FF question" as a "Here we go again" response, rather than a "we've got something cooking" response.

This is not only bad news, AFAIC. The fact that we won't be seeing a Pentax FF anytime soon means that one can purchase a K-5 II (or soon a K-3) without fearing that shortly after an FF will be announced making one wish one would have waited a bit longer.

I'm personally ready for an upgrade and while I wished I could go for an FF model directly, I prefer the scenario of using a K-5 II or K-3 for quite a while before changing to an FF to the one that sees me kicking my butt wishing I had waited a few month longer for the release of an FF model.
09-22-2012, 04:10 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I definitely interpret the smiles as a response to the "FF question" as a "Here we go again" response, rather than a "we've got something cooking" response.
Yep. Here we go again.
Lets start another 2000 threads where we'll dissect all possible interpretations of gestures, facial expressions and body language of the three poor guys from Pentax.
09-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #23
Veteran Member

He even looks slightly irritated, by the tone of his voice and breathing. But anyways, almost everything the interviewees said were stuff that either we know by now or are as indefinite as a white wall.

I wonder when will they actually tell something definite? Even their description of the SAFOX X unbelievably lacking. I'm sure it's great if they describe even in approximate percentage how "more accurate" the X is vs. the IX+ ...

09-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

This is not only bad news, AFAIC. The fact that we won't be seeing a Pentax FF anytime soon means that one can purchase a K-5 II (or soon a K-3) without fearing that shortly after an FF will be announced making one wish one would have waited a bit longer.
I don't see it that way. An FF camera would be a supplement if anything for me. Remember that many if not most Pentax DSLR users don't own FF lenses (not me; I own seven) meaning an FF camera isn't really an upgrade path, as you'll need new lenses, but a sidestep (which could just as well be to another brand). I find it more problematic deciding whether one should buy the K-5II or wait for the APS K-3
09-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
. I find it more problematic deciding whether one should buy the K-5II or wait for the APS K-3
as a K5 owner, I plan to skip the k-5II and wait for a significant upgrade. a new AF system, new screen and no AA filter does not warrant the 500 $ in price difference in my book
09-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #26
ogl
Pentaxian

To say honest, I don't understand two things:
1. If Pentax FF to be or not be...
2. K-mount unit for Ricoh GXR - to be or not to be?

Help me, please...Japanese English is not my native language...

Last edited by ogl; 09-22-2012 at 08:56 AM.
09-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
2. K-mount unit for Ricoh GXR - to be or not to be?
My best guess - they like the idea, but have other things taking priority so have no plans on the table for either a Q mount or a K mount GXR module at this point. So maybe eventually, just not now.
09-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Lenssurvey

Wow, even a thanks for the input from the survey. I'm impressed

Nice interview, gonna watch it in total on monday when I have the spare time. Nice to be able to be in that little boot at the Photokian Pentax stand for a short while!
09-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
Veteran Member

@Ogl On the Ricoh GXR question I agree with Anthony, that's how I interpreted it as well. They like the idea of a Q or K mount modules for the GXR but they have other priorities. I would be interested to see what those priorities are since I still have a GXR body that is in need of a new lensor unit since my previous one was broken

As for the interpretation of the full frame question, it was clear there were things he wanted to say that he was trying to talk his way around. I wouldn't want to predict whether this means full frame is coming or not, but it's pretty clear that the full frame releases from other companies has their attention.

Before Photokina I thought best case scenario for full frame would be an announcement of full frame at Photokina and a spring/summer release. Now I think the earliest a Pentax full frame could be released is more likely to be late next year.

So if you guys really want a full frame camera soon (as in, within the next year), I'd say buy into one of those new full frame cameras from another company. I'm excited about the overall direction of Pentax (more AF points, a professional body) even if I may have to wait a bit.
09-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
Site Supporter

Wish I understood Japanese, but I will wait for the CC version.
Great Job Adam and all without Eve.
Closed Thread