Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #46

Thanks for your great job, Adam.

09-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #47
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I enjoyed the interview, thank you Pentax Forums and Pentaxeros.

Last edited by Uluru; 09-23-2012 at 06:23 AM.
09-23-2012, 12:36 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hawkin Quote
Thanks for your great job, Adam.
Yes, thanks again.
09-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
FF is already close to 10% of market or even bigger. It's rather high result.
5% - it was several years ago.

Canon, Nikon and Sony have 90% of DSLR market, more than 10% of cameras are FF.
Where did you get those nice rounded figures from? Statistics can be used to prove anything. 47% of people know that.

09-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #50
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by curlednoodles Quote
Where did you get those nice rounded figures from? Statistics can be used to prove anything. 47% of people know that.
In searching system of internet...
09-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Thank you, Adam and everyone involved.
Too bad I didn't manage to meet you, you deserved a nice, cold Kolsch (the bigger size, ofc) for your hard work.
09-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, Adam, for the hard work.

But I have to tell you that the translator was making up some stuff as he went along. I felt that he did a lousy job in certain sections of it, while he did ok in others. You ought to take me along next time.

BTW, not that it matters, but I didn't get such a good vibe from this interview, really. But thank you nonetheless.

09-23-2012, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I will post this here and nowhere else, so I hope you guys don't miss it. The Pentax reps and I did talk a little after the interview, and I did get the impression that they were working on an FF system. It really does seem inevitable at this point.

Consider that they *ist D was originally designed for an FF sensor, and that it has room for one. Recall that a K-1 prototype was made. Full-frame isn't brand-new territory for Pentax: they made film cameras and very complete lens systems for years, so all they need to do is give the project the green light and build on their APS-C bodies and protoypes.

Obviously an FF system doesn't sprout up overnight...and when I jokingly asked the reps if I should already book my airplane ticket to CP+, I was told fairly clearly that no, the FF won't be shown at CP+. Then a comment followed saying that 18-24-36 months is the typical camera system development time. I do wish Pentax Ricoh all the best with their developments, and I understand that they need (much) more time not only to gain more market share, but also to satisfy their loyal customer base. It was very fortunate to hear, however, that Ricoh intends to make its loyal customers happy. I'm sure they'll do a good job of it
This is the type of statement that will continue to fuel the FF discussion. Why would you add this? Pentax said they have no plans for FF now. If they were actually seriously working on it why wouldn't they say they are and that it will be some time before the product is ready? If that is the truth why not say so? Based on their statements I believe they are not seriously working on FF but growing their aps-c market share and will maybe have another K-01 like surprise product next year. Other than Adam's irresponsible claims to tho contrary I don't see any reason to believe we will get a Pentax FF for a few more years.

Everyone who is moaning and whining about FF please just switch to Canon or Nikon or even Sony. You can sell your Pentax gear in the marketplace. Then come back and share your results with us. Continuing to stay and complain is just stupid. Pentax makes great cameras and even with their shortcomings they are loved by many. If you want something Pentax doesn't make, go buy it from someone who does. Life is to short to do anything else.
09-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattco26 Quote
If you want something Pentax doesn't make, go buy it from someone who does. Life is to short to do anything else.
Alternatively, because who wants to voluntarily be depressed and argue the same points over and over and over, we can stop coming to PF and posting optimistic responses, thus making the volume of negativity louder, depressing more regular members who will leave .... so that eventually it is a perfect echo chamber.
09-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #55
Inactive Account

Perhaps Fontan could let us know briefly what was actually said. Personally I didn't understand a single word spoken on the video and I am completely in the dark as to what transpired. apart from the absence of a FF any time soon.
09-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by r0brwy Quote
Perhaps Fontan could let us know briefly what was actually said. Personally I didn't understand a single word spoken on the video and I am completely in the dark as to what transpired. apart from the absence of a FF any time soon.
turn CC on - the subtitles are Youtube imbedded.
09-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #57

It is what it is with Pentax. If you want a FF you have to buy nikon or canon. However Pentax makes about the best C sized sensor cameras on the market respectively. That's just what they are, the little niche market company. They've only had for ever. I bought an ME super (FF film camera) back in 1981. How has the full frame progess come along? And I actually buoght it in a camera store!

Racerdew
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #58

Too add to it, I wish so badly they would make a full frame DSLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would send them my money tomorrow!!! Ha Pentax, I want to give you my money!!!
09-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #59
Pentaxian

Naturally, they will have to have a full-frame eventually if the entire industry moves that way. But if they are a little late to the party, that's fine. I don't why everyone seems to think they are doomed if they don't come out with the same stuff as the big two at the same time as they do.
09-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Well, Sony was there earlier; yet they failed and now they're trying again. Nikon was there later than Canon; yet they're doing quite fine now.
I'd say it's better to plan and execute it carefully, than to rush out something on the market.