Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
where did you buy your jeans ? it seemed to be same of mine ! ;-)

09-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
One of the adjustment brushes available in Lightroom is a Moiré removal brush. There's demos online that show D800E pictures showing Moiré being treated and all Moiré being removed using this brush.
Don't count on that moiré brush tool to fix everything. I couldn't get the all the moiré out of one of my shots. It starts to become noticeable too. Almost like a localized blurry spot due to decreased sharpness from the remainder of the scene.
09-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Forum Member

If the K5IIs is moire free, why did they produce the K5II?
09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theskonesdad Quote
That's a good question, but let me phrase it like that: if they have to buy/sell the AA-less sensor for 200$ more, wouldn't be the first complain, why they don't sell the K5II also without this tweak for 200$ less?

09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
That's a good question, but let me phrase it like that: if they have to buy/sell the AA-less sensor for 200$ more, wouldn't be the first complain, why they don't sell the K5II also without this tweak for 200$ less?
Smaller production run?
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterBex Quote
I hope that dpreview get an early one to trial. I feel my credit card burning a hole in my jeans.
Why? DPR will just hold onto it until every other competitor has been tested. Wait till you see what some of the lads & lassies here can do with the K-5 IIs. Better than any review.
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
Pentaxian

So, eyes and ears are pointing towards Singapore pentaxians...I guess. Frank have been quite active with these at past, no?

09-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
From this small image it looks promising, looking forward to actual tests
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theskonesdad Quote

It has something to do with the occult.
09-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Smaller production run?
Yes, a smaller run. But that effect is compounded, from what I understand, by the need for a slightly different arrangement on the lens side, if you will, of the sensor. Remember that the AA filter is not simply a piece of glass placed before the sensor assembly. "Removing it with tweezers", as someone suggested, is not what happens on the production line.
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

And in another vein, I found that image difficult to gain much data from.

"This image or video is currently unavailable" in what appears to be eight written languages/alphabets leaves me rather bemused.
09-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Why? DPR will just hold onto it until every other competitor has been tested. Wait till you see what some of the lads & lassies here can do with the K-5 IIs. Better than any review.
Too true. Adam has already gone on record saying he'll have one of the first ones that comes available and is looking forward to doing the review.
09-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
If the K5IIs is as moire free as the II I might well be very tempted. Combined with the AF improvements it would make the IIs a significant upgrade of the K-5 whereas the II would be a simple tweaked K-5.
Unlikely, because if they're so close then might as well cancel the II and just release the IIs by itself.... but like everyone else I'm looking forward to more tests in the coming weeks, especially when reviewers get their copies for testing. The Pentax community in Manila is planning to have another meetup in the second week of October and we're expecting the II and IIs to be there, though by that time they've probably been released in Japan and the US.

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
So, eyes and ears are pointing towards Singapore pentaxians...I guess. Frank have been quite active with these at past, no?
History-wise yes. So by the last week of September he'll probably have one in his hands for testing.

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Why? DPR will just hold onto it until every other competitor has been tested.
Reminds me how the Nikon D3200, which was announced and released later than the K-30, got a complete review before the latter. ) lol.
They're waiting for the Pentax hype to die down before releasing a complete unbiased review. It's like they don't want people talking positively about Pentax

Last edited by Alizarine; 09-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I'm *very* skeptical about the sample photo. We are seeing a photo of photographs at thumbnail sized samples, yet the difference in sharpness is clearly noticeable? I have a hard time believing that.

Lets turn it around for a sec - how much would you need to sharpen your original photo in other for the added sharpness to still be noticeable at similar down scaled size?
09-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
I'm *very* skeptical about the sample photo. We are seeing a photo of photographs at thumbnail sized samples, yet the difference in sharpness is clearly noticeable? I have a hard time believing that.

Lets turn it around for a sec - how much would you need to sharpen your original photo in other for the added sharpness to still be noticeable at similar down scaled size?
But can you get that sharpness with digital sharpening? You might hit the point where artifacts start showing.

Of course, I agree with waiting for full size samples. However, Adam said that he saw some when he was at Photokina, and was suitably impressed.