Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #61

??????????by????????
The sample of the K5ii looks almost as if it has a polarising filter. Such a noticeable difference. The other is so hazy.

09-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #62
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Will the new k5lls show the crazy color like the d800e? I saw a comparison of the feather of a bird with the d800e and it was not a pretty sight.
I wonder since the megapixels being smaller will it reduce the Moire?
09-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Interesting photos:

K-5 II vs. K-5 IIs

Source: www.yaotomi.co.jp
09-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
I wonder since the megapixels being smaller will it reduce the Moire?
Some say it's the opposite, that the more densely-packed the pixels are the less chances of moire coming out. But I'm not sure about that either... guess I'll just wait for actual results to come out.

The photos from the Japanese samplers are interesting, but as for now, I still find them hard to believe. A week or two and Adam will probably have a copy for review

09-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Some say it's the opposite, that the more densely-packed the pixels are the less chances of moire coming out. But I'm not sure about that either... guess I'll just wait for actual results to come out.

The photos from the Japanese samplers are interesting, but as for now, I still find them hard to believe. A week or two and Adam will probably have a copy for review
Pixel density in the D800E and the K-5 is the same. Morie is less likely on a higher density sensor.

The photo's are probably OOC JEPGs which means they have had sharpening apply to them. They do look pretty crisp, but they are probably real.
09-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
Interesting photos:
Thanks for posting these. Makes me a lot more happier to see these were small crops.
09-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #67
Pentaxian

?????????????? PENTAX K-5IIs ??????Part.III - ??????????by????????

09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Yes, www.yaotomi.co.jp is the source of the images as stated in #64.

Google translate:
QuoteQuote:
K-5II / K-5IIs, "I would rather have bought one? Maybe I" seems to have become the exhibition to answer the question of content.

Sky Building Umeda Stella Hall 17:12 am - September 30, Osaka
Akihabara Dai Building at 13 hours 30 minutes to 18, October 06, the Tokyo Convention Hall on the second floor
17:10 am - October 7
Toyota Building West Building 8th floor the second time - 17:12, October 14, Nagoya
Toyota Building Fukuoka am to 17:12 October 21, Fukuoka (FT building) B2F Espacio scalar

Of course, I am also planning to go to Osaka venue.
For customers that can not be coming in the distance, it is expected to be delivered in a still image and video information obtained in the field.

In particular, for the people under consideration transfer from K-5, I have to be able to think concretely comparison (comparing old and new) the evolution of the performance of AF.
09-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
However he said they couldn't produce a single shot that showed Moiré (using on camera review).
That is a reflection on their abilities or the limitations of the image viewing constraints (back LCD?).

It is possible to produce moiré with a K-5 with an AA filter!

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Will the new k5lls show the crazy color like the d800e? I saw a comparison of the feather of a bird with the d800e and it was not a pretty sight.
Of course, some moiré effects with the K-5 IIs will be as ugly.

The pixel density is the same as on the D800e (so moiré will appear under the same conditions and if you consider equivalent images, moiré will occur much more often) but due to the larger (APS-C induced) enlargement factor it will be even more visible in K-5 IIs shots.

The K-5 IIs is being way overhyped and is definitely not the right choice for the vast majority of shooters.

Last edited by Class A; 10-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
09-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #70
Veteran Member

I do hope Pentax releases its own papers regarding their approach to AA-less sensor like Nikon did with the D800E. Not to mirror Nikon of course, but to carefully explain to potential buyers how their own approach will affect user photos. Was it really just AA-less or some other technique? What else did they do?

or do they leave the research part up to future users, thinking "if you want one, study one! your purchase decisions are none of our business"?
09-29-2012, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #71
Pentaxian

[deleted]

Last edited by beholder3; 08-11-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: [deleted]
09-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I wonder if you can actually explain your physics behind this.

And after that, maybe you just try reality with a P&S or mobile phone cam vs. any DSLR, shooting a LCD computer screen (which will definitely show moire using these type of pictures AF microadjustment for the 1Ds mark III, 1D Mk3, 5D Mk2, 7D, 1D X). Then please show us both pictures and explain how it is "more visible" on the P&S picture.

Always happy to learn and see pictures proving interesting statements.
I think he meant more enlargement when printing.
09-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #73
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
That is a reflection on their abilities or the limitations of the image viewing constraints (back LCD?).

It is possible to produce moiré with a K-5 with an AA filter!

Of course, some moiré effects with the K-5 IIs will be as ugly.

The pixel density is the same as on the D800e (so moiré will appear under the same conditions) but due to the larger (APS-C induced) enlargement factor it will be even more visible in K-5 IIs shots.

The K-5 IIs is being way overhyped and is definitely not the right choice for the vast majority of shooters.
Moire, if it's noticeable at all, is so easily fixed in PP. Sean Reid has shown this quite clearly.
But, who on Earth can fix such a horrid, whining attitude of yours?
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #74
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I do hope Pentax releases its own papers regarding their approach to AA-less sensor like Nikon did with the D800E. Not to mirror Nikon of course, but to carefully explain to potential buyers how their own approach will affect user photos. Was it really just AA-less or some other technique? What else did they do?
or do they leave the research part up to future users, thinking "if you want one, study one! your purchase decisions are none of our business"?
I think that what you ask is rather impossible. It's the apologetic society doctrine you ask for and which has no stand in the art of photography.

There are many AA-less cameras, and have their manufacturers bother to explain to people what it means when they take photographs with such cameras? Nope. Say, Leica simply says "razor sharp". And that is all what is required because all else is heavily influenced by the shooting habits of each individual photographer. Some intrinsic qualities that go with that are presumed, rather than apologised for.

Perhaps sticking to reality and more common sense may help. You also got your own life with no included manual and have to test it in different environments to see how it works best for you.
09-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
(...)
You also got your own life with no included manual and have to test it in different environments to see how it works best for you.
wait, what? yours didn't come with a manual? am i the only one who has been handed the complete manual in 5 languages upon.. ahem.. arrival?

/me walks off mumbling "now i know what's wrong with the world.."