Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #331
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Putting up pictures and making people like them.
Agreed ... my photo hobby is a pleasurable aspect that I like to share and further to grow through and with other PF members' photos & comments ...

10-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #332
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Agreed ... my photo hobby is a pleasurable aspect that I like to share and further to grow through and with other PF members' photos & comments ...
I was actually attempting to be funny with the coercive "making them like them"
10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #333
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I was actually attempting to be funny with the coercive "making them like them"
I know ... and I still agree.

A little arm-twisting never hurt anyone ... well, not that much and not for very long either!
10-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #334
Veteran Member

And it does not hurt once the pain stops

10-29-2012, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #335
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Sure.

I shoot as a hobby and I revel in associating that hobby with as much misery and anger as I can. And I wish to freely share my misery with anyone who falsely enjoyed his hobby until he met me. What else are photo forums for?
Lol, artists being known for their genial common sense, lack of rancour and sober reliability. Imagine if, say, Michelangelo and Caravaggio after a few barrels glasses of vino were on the paintbrush suppliers subforum here. The place would be a smoking ruin in about five minutes. I reckon folks on here have a pretty easy time in the circumstances.
10-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That K-5 IIs sharpness really does tempt me - for my macro work in the field. The images I get with the K-5 are very good, but I can see how the filter cripples the sensor resolution. Wow. Maybe if this year's bonus is good I'll be able to convince my wife it's worth the money and then sell the K-5...or wait for whatever follows the K-5 family, but get the non-filtered version.
10-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #337
Inactive Account

Does any body know anything about these guys? or had it done to there K5 ( New Page 1 ), maybe if you can't afford the upgrade to the K5IIs or the wife wont let you . This might be an option to hotrod (HiRes) your K5. I mean if the only advantage of the K5IIs is the better IQ from not having the AA filter, and better Autofocus in the dark which doesn't mean that much to me, as the AF assist light works fine for me . So besides the autofocus, would this make K5 comparable to the K5IIs?

Last edited by Inlogvil; 10-30-2012 at 01:23 AM.
10-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #338
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Inlogvil Quote
Does any body know anything about these guys? or had it done to there K5 ( New Page 1 ), maybe if you can't afford the upgrade to the K5IIs or the wife wont let you . This might be an option to hotrod (HiRes) your K5. I mean if the only advantage of the K5IIs is the better IQ from not having the AA filter, and better Autofocus in the dark which doesn't mean that much to me, as the AF assist light works fine for me . So besides the autofocus, would this make K5 comparable to the K5IIs?
Klaus had the AA filter taken off of his K5 (on Photozone) and it made his camera unusable, ended up having to get a new camera, not sure why. Photozone - Pentax K5 tests -
10-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
That K-5 IIs sharpness really does tempt me - for my macro work in the field. The images I get with the K-5 are very good, but I can see how the filter cripples the sensor resolution. Wow. Maybe if this year's bonus is good I'll be able to convince my wife it's worth the money and then sell the K-5...or wait for whatever follows the K-5 family, but get the non-filtered version.
At least you will be in good company:

The Leica M-E features an 18-megapixel high-resolution CCD sensor in full 35 mm format. The sensor is perfectly attuned to its role in the very compact M-System and the superior performance of M-Lenses. The special layout of the micro lens makes it tolerant of oblique light rays impinging on its surface, and guarantees uniform exposure and extreme sharpness from corner to corner in every image. The omission of the otherwise usual low-pass filter reduces the need for digital post-processing and ensures that images possess a particularly natural visual impact.

not to mention the Nikon 800E!

Two bodies are a very handy thing in any case.

David
10-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #340
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Klaus had the AA filter taken off of his K5 (on Photozone) and it made his camera unusable, ended up having to get a new camera, not sure why. Photozone - Pentax K5 tests -
Well, if they did it stupidly, no wonder.
Removing an optical element without repalcing it with something neutral is aking for problems.
I'm sure Klaus knows this, but maybe not the guys who removed the AA filter.
10-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #341
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well, if they did it stupidly, no wonder.
Removing an optical element without repalcing it with something neutral is aking for problems.
I'm sure Klaus knows this, but maybe not the guys who removed the AA filter.
I think he uses a company that does this for a variety of makes of SLR and they hadn't experienced this before.
10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #342
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think he uses a company that does this for a variety of makes of SLR and they hadn't experienced this before.
Well, I hope they warned him that the result may be unsatisfactory otherwise I'd call it a scam.
10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #343
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well, I hope they warned him that the result may be unsatisfactory otherwise I'd call it a scam.
Or Vandalism lol
10-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #344
Veteran Member

Here's one company that does it...

Here's one company that does it, i think i've seen them referred before in these forums. Anyway, they provide a lot of options for replacment of the existing AA. Not every result i'm sure goes OK, but they have a number of success stories. (i have no oar in this water, no shares in the company, etc., just where there is a demand, often someone will step in and try to fill the demand)

Conversions
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Here's one company that does it, i think i've seen them referred before in these forums. Anyway, they provide a lot of options for replacment of the existing AA. Not every result i'm sure goes OK, but they have a number of success stories. (i have no oar in this water, no shares in the company, etc., just where there is a demand, often someone will step in and try to fill the demand)

Conversions
So they finally added Pentax to their line, good news.