Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 03:09 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by top-quark Quote
One possible explanation is that everyone who bought one loves theirs so much that they're holding on to it. The alternative, and likelier, explanation is that no bugger bought one in the first place!
Nope, I thin its the first one. Look at the posts of people who bought one on this forum. People complained about all Pentax DSLR's, that there are problems, bugs, etc. But there are almost no complaints about the K-01, from actual owners. And it is heavier than the K-r, but it is better built.
It really is sad that the photographer community isn't mature enough for a camera like the K-01. The main complaint is always the design. The only valid complaints are lack of VF (but that's just something you have to deal with, its not the end of the world) and maybe odd red and green button placement, which requires a slightly different grip if you want to use those buttons on the go.

10-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #92
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Nope, I thin its the first one. Look at the posts of people who bought one on this forum. People complained about all Pentax DSLR's, that there are problems, bugs, etc. But there are almost no complaints about the K-01, from actual owners. .
Welcome to Russian pentax club
?-01: "??????" ???????? ? ????????? ? ??????? ??????? - ?????? ?????-?????

http://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8...D1%81%D0%B8%2F

No ideal camera, but bugs are not serious, to say honest
10-07-2012, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #93

Oh Ogl, please be positive.
Last days you look more like RH ver.2 )))
10-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #94
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Originally posted by Blue A K-02 ff body would knock the socks of folks. It's easiest way to make a lot of Pentaxians happy...
It would be very easy to convert the camera over from existing chip to full frame. Add to that, it also would not be difficult to add the option of an evf.

its commercial failure was pretty much a given
Because Pentax has a rather difficult time properly marketing their products. How often are any of the products from Pentax actually ever advertised - especially outside of the K30?

10-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nope, I thin its the first one. Look at the posts of people who bought one on this forum. People complained about all Pentax DSLR's, that there are problems, bugs, etc. But there are almost no complaints about the K-01, from actual owners. And it is heavier than the K-r, but it is better built.
It really is sad that the photographer community isn't mature enough for a camera like the K-01. The main complaint is always the design. The only valid complaints are lack of VF (but that's just something you have to deal with, its not the end of the world) and maybe odd red and green button placement, which requires a slightly different grip if you want to use those buttons on the go.
Yes, the K-01 is a nice camera. But it's only a nice camera if you are already a Pentax-owner. If you are not, there are better choices out there and chances are high you'll buy one because the store won't stock Pentax anyway. Pentax simply have to break out of feeding off their userbase. They won't sell more equipment any other way. Most people just want a camera. They don't want the nerdulent stuff about RAW parameters and the glory that was K-mount and they do want their camera to look reasonably OK. One may ask, well why are they buying a K-01 instead of a P&S, but the answer is that APS-C is rapidly becoming the new P&S as makers try to keep well clear of mobiles. Smaller cameras with bigger sensors seems to be the trend. Trying to shoehorn an old FF mount into this space just isn't going to work, imho. What you end up with is the K-01.
10-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #96
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
You are off target as usual
10-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #97
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You are off target as usual
Not at all: You do look like a second Ron Hendriks

10-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #98
Pentaxian

Pentax have succeded in missing the point of a mirrorless - high IQ, low bulk - twice now.

Had the Q been placed as an alternative to a high-end compact (and shipped with something like an F2 - F4 standard zoom), it might have had a point. As a competitor to MFT, it doesn't cut it.
You must have never really used the Q. Maybe picked one up and looked at it...read about it online and in magazines, but that's about it, right? The Q is a very deceptive camera. Seems way too small to be taken seriously, but like a Minox, you quickly realize that it is a deadly serious camera. At the same time, it's also like a puppy...so small and cute, you can't help but like it. It's my wife's "carry around" camera and she loves it. She liked the images from her DSLR, but hated it's bulk. People say that the best camera is the one you'll actually carry and use. For my wife, it's her Q.
10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
You must have never really used the Q. Maybe picked one up and looked at it...read about it online and in magazines, but that's about it, right? The Q is a very deceptive camera. Seems way too small to be taken seriously, but like a Minox, you quickly realize that it is a deadly serious camera. At the same time, it's also like a puppy...so small and cute, you can't help but like it. It's my wife's "carry around" camera and she loves it. She liked the images from her DSLR, but hated it's bulk. People say that the best camera is the one you'll actually carry and use. For my wife, it's her Q.
Don't get me wrong here: it's not the tiny sensor or small size that's an issue; it's the missing the whole point that's the problem. If I had the money to spare, I'd probably still end up getting an X10, XZ-1 or (now) an RX 100. Had it been made competitive with an LX5 (price, optics) and marketed accordingly, it might have stood a chance. However, £800 with a slow 3x zoom was hubristic, to say the least. The Q10 looks to have a lot more going for it - at least the price is about right.
10-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #100
Pentaxian

...it's not the tiny sensor or small size that's an issue; it's the missing the whole point that's the problem.
Hmmm...what do you think the point is?
10-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #101
Veteran Member

I saw a Q in a photo store here recently, the old Q, not the Q10, still being sold for around 600 euro (depending on lens kit). The seller told me they were willing to give a big discount, but.. I doubt the discount will be big enough to matter. I would love to have a Q, but 600 for a camera that has been cut in half in cost in many other countries? A camera that now has a successor? Meh
10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #102
Site Supporter

I agree with you. The biggest knock on the K-01 is its looks. However, what inside that case is pretty good.
10-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I agree with you. The biggest knock on the K-01 is its looks. However, what inside that case is pretty good.
Funny, the argument against the Q is the opposite. Looks great and serious to use, but what's inside is what's holding it back..
10-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #104
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Funny, the argument against the Q is the opposite. Looks great and serious to use, but what's inside is what's holding it back..
They need to make a Q looking case and put the K-01 in it with a ff sensor.
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #105
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
.................. with a ff sensor.
Aw geez! Not you too?