Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
yes, which is why we're here asking for Pentax's take on FF.
I've been here, a while and the whining for FF is getting old.

QuoteQuote:
trust me, the people who need FF above all else have already left the brand or are in the process.
Those are smart people.

10-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #47
Veteran Member

fault for both lies squarely on Pentax
10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #48

Photos: Albums
"i assure Pentax i have a plan to revitalize my business and having no trouble with my camera, retailers now that my k5 is in trouble for the ... 3rd time without any process to keep my business "cool" !!!!! ... The name of my plan begin by a N ... it ends also by a N ! if i don't have an answer tomorow" ...

Each one have its plane ... :-(((
10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can assure you that I don't have a plan. Wait, I do, or did. Just can't remember what that was.

10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I can assure you that I don't have a plan. Wait, I do, or did. Just can't remember what that was.
That is stupid.
10-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
That is stupid.
No, please tell us what you really think.
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
As for Ned Bunnell... seriously, who gives any weight to what the ex-head of a company has to say. He was engineered out of his job because in all probability he didn't deliver on his KPI.
Well said. Frank.
It was more disturbing that he is delighted that "PENTAX was very kind to let me keep some equipment." --- what? he can't even bought Pentax glasses himself? I doubt he is even consider himself a "Pentaxian", what a shame.

10-03-2012, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Are you people that angry? You're bashing Ned just because he was allowed to keep some lenses, as a retirement gift? What's the issue, since he was/is in good terms with Pentax?
As for why he retired, he explained it himself; and I believe his version rather than some baseless speculations.
10-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are you people that angry? You're bashing Ned just because he was allowed to keep some lenses, as a retirement gift? What's the issue, since he was/is in good terms with Pentax?
As for why he retired, he explained it himself; and I believe his version rather than some baseless speculations.
I agree wholeheartedly with you.
10-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #55
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I personally didn't bash him for that. In fact, I stated in post 20 that I found it interesting that he kept the 3 FA Ltd lenses and actually do find it very interesting.
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM - 2 Likes   #56
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Funny, of all the people who come on here championing other brands, I've not seen one post about other brands, specifically Nikon or Canon, but any brand, complaining that the Pentax is already the best APS-c camera on the market, but is about to significantly increase it's lead with the release of the K-5 II and K-5 IIs. I guess since this is a Penatax site it's specifically geared towards whining about Pentax, even in the non-Pentax section. I read on another forum about a guy who has already returned his Nikon D800 camera for service 3 times under warranty and it still isn't fixed and Nikon has made no offer to replace it. No mention of that here. Every camera owner who doesn't have a K-5 should be whining that their camera company doesn't have the DR, noise reduction or low light performance, or image depth of a K-5. I'm not seeing it. Makes you wonder, what kind of person comes to a Pentax site, just to whine about Pentaxes.

There is of course only one answer to that...

An attention seeker. Hey, I'm just giving them what they want.
I don't know how many Pentax folks currently have a D800. I am guessing it is a small % at point and as a result not much is said about it in the Non Pentax brand forum. However, if someone praises Pentax, they are a fanboy and if they call a spade a spade they are whining. What is really mystifying is the people that whine about whining.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've been here, a while and the whining for FF is getting old.

Those are smart people.
Then why do you get involved in these threads?
10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If done correctly PRICL CAN rejuvenate Pentax - but it is a long-term project (20 years), not a quick fix, all is well thing.
I wouldn't say 20 years. Given the pace of technological development and assuming that Ricoh markets it aggressively, Pentax's corporate image could be fully revamped in 3-5 years, and possibly even less.

--DragonLord
10-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
That is stupid.
Actually, I am pretty smart.
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Subaru was the only profitable auto company on Earth in 2009
Way off topic... but this info is wrong. Volkswagen produced such large profits in 2009 that they were able to buyout Porsche after Porsche tried to buy them out the year prior. (which was a funny story all in of itself... Porsche put themselves near bankruptsy trying to buy VW, then VW noticed how much Porsche stockw as worth and turned it around and bought them out). Or at least this is what was told to me at our yearly corporate meetings
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #60
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
It sounds like he is admitting that Pentax isn't doing so hot at the moment. I am sure he can assure anything at this point. Having plans doesn't exactly ensure revitalization either. Lame.
No, it doesn't sound like that.
It simply says that when changing the ownership, a company can't do much new, but just facilitate the current state of affairs for a while.