Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
They did it on the K-01!

I meant to say full frame mirrorless and I will now edit that post.

10-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #92
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I meant to say full frame mirrorless and I will now edit that post.
The K-mount is a full frame mount. It would just be a matter of the sensor. However, I think Pentax needs a ff dSLR regardless if they do a mirrorless.
10-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #93
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tlong423 Quote
I, for one, am so sick of hearing people whine on and on (and on) about full frame. Perhaps there should be a site exclusively for full frame whiners.
Thank you very much, I agree.

If Pentax decides to do it, then they will. In the meantime shoot what Pentax offers, and if you don't like it .... sell your Pentax gear and buy Nikon or Canon or ? Man alive, I have been listening to the FF whiners for the past 5 years !

wll
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

If Pentax decides to do it, then they will. In the meantime shoot what Pentax offers, and if you don't like it .... sell your Pentax gear and buy Nikon or Canon or ? Man alive, I have been listening to the FF whiners for the past 5 years !

wll
Hear, hear.

10-07-2012, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #95
Veteran Member

Funny. none of the "whiners" tell other members (incl. moderators) what to do, or resort to childish name-calling. who really belongs on this forum?

Last edited by illdefined; 10-07-2012 at 01:18 AM.
10-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #96
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
even if it was only K-Mount (other brands won't be giving Pentax/Ricoh their propietary mounts, M-mount is practically public domain), imagine how much money we could've saved buying new sensor/mounts instead of doing this ridiculous K-7 -> K-5 -> K-5IIs dance...it's the same camera
I'm not sure you will save that much money with a modular system. First of all the modular will be more expensive at first buying all components needed, a GXR body, EVF and K-mount module will probably be $200-300 more expensive than similar specified K-mount DSLR. (A K01 you can get for $600, but a GXR with M-module is close to $1000).

The sensor/mount itself might be $200 cheaper than a complete DSLR, but the old sensor/mount is probably more difficult sell used than a complete DSLR, so you might not save much in the end. Then there probably be other modules in the system you might want to upgrade later on (improved EVF and body) so you might end up spending more cach on a modular system.

Upgrading the whole camera also has the bonus of having a backup body, but a second sensor/mount is not as usefull, unless you have a second body to put it on.

The biggest advantage of a modular system is IMO that it's possible to have more options to customize the system for your needs, but that is only if all options you need is available.
10-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #97
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

wll
Debate on either side of the issue is o.k. It is the whining that gets old regardless of which side of the issue it is coming from. The name calling and insults from both sides is one of the leading cause of warnings, infractions and thread bans at this forum.