Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, it doesn't sound like that.
It simply says that when changing the ownership, a company can't do much new, but just facilitate the current state of affairs for a while.
Eh, the dude says there is a plan for "RE-vitalization." Me says a company thriving does not require RE-vitalization. Do Apple and Canon and Nikon need RE-vitalization? Me says no.

10-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Eh, the dude says there is a plan for "RE-vitalization." Me says a company thriving does not require RE-vitalization. Do Apple and Canon and Nikon need RE-vitalization? Me says no.
Apple has been revitalized in the past.
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I personally didn't bash him for that. In fact, I stated in post 20 that I found it interesting that he kept the 3 FA Ltd lenses and actually do find it very interesting.
He probably did that on JC's advice
10-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #64
Pentaxian

I personally didn't bash him for that. In fact, I stated in post 20 that I found it interesting that he kept the 3 FA Ltd lenses and actually do find it very interesting.
Yes, but others find it "disturbing":
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
It was more disturbing that he is delighted that "PENTAX was very kind to let me keep some equipment." --- what? he can't even bought Pentax glasses himself? I doubt he is even consider himself a "Pentaxian", what a shame.
Fontan, what's your point? Pentax does need this revitalization thing, and they have a plan (in execution) for that... what's so strange about it?

10-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Apple has been revitalized in the past.
it took the visionary founder to come back and do it though...

short of that...what's encouraging to me about Ricoh is that there are definitely some very serious photographic-centric designers/engineers employed there, with the GXR and GRD as singular examples. The two photographic philosophies of Pentax and RIcoh mesh very well together and i'm super anxious to see their first co-developed products hit the market.

Last edited by illdefined; 10-03-2012 at 11:32 PM.
10-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Apple lacked vision, Pentax lacked money.
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #67
Veteran Member

yes but, there's vision.....and then there's the K-01 and Q...

ideally, companies make money from their vision, not in spite of it

10-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #68
Pentaxian

How about the K-5, the K-30, the Limiteds?
If you don't fail from time to time, it only means you aren't trying
However, the Q is not a failure.
10-04-2012, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #69
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh has no choice but to make a go of it. They bought Pentax as a last ditch effort to generate business. There Printer business and others are failing rapidly. To that point of collapse. This is such a stupid thread. Do any of you read the Ricoh public records. Or even know what they are about?
This guy knows exactly what is up. It is public record.They are loosing money at a rate it will be a miracle if they pull this off. But I assure you if Pentax doesn't make money for them they will tank period.
10-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
it took the visionary founder to come back and do it though...

short of that...what's encouraging to me about Ricoh is that there are definitely some very serious photographic-centric designers/engineers employed there, with the GXR and GRD as singular examples. The two photographic philosophies of Pentax and RIcoh mesh very well together and i'm super anxious to see their first co-developed products hit the market.
Yes, that by itself already is a good reason enough to stick around to see what Pentax Ricoh Imaging will deliver next.

I seriously dislike the idea of lensors though. (Like in the GXR.) Glass is forever, cameras get replaced every 2 years, mostly because of new sensors. Not being able to change the sensor would seriously suck.

Last edited by Clavius; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.
10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #71
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
However, the Q is not a failure.
In Japan. The rest world has no any interests.
10-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #72
Pentaxian

It's OK to have one Japanese-centric system.
10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #73
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Ned....does this mean I am not getting the new manuals for the Pentax flashes you promised 4 years ago? You know, the ones that recognize that we are in the digital age and not just film users. The ones that actually make some sense in relation to digital cameras, and don't need a translator to understand.....remember?
10-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Yes, that by itself already is a good reason enough to stick around to see what Pentax Ricoh Imaging will deliver next.

I seriously dislike the idea of lensors though. (Like in the GXR.) Glass is forever, cameras get replaced every 2 years, mostly because of new sensors. Not being able to change the sensor would seriously suck.
I think that is a primary reason that outside a very small niche they have not really gained traction. I shot with a lens that was made in 1962 yesterday on my camera that was released in 2010 and all I had to do was put a small metal ring on the base to make it work. Top of the line (until 10/15 anyway) camera with a really sharp 50 year old lens equals great photo gear half of which is relatively ageless.
10-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I think that is a primary reason that outside a very small niche they have not really gained traction. I shot with a lens that was made in 1962 yesterday on my camera that was released in 2010 and all I had to do was put a small metal ring on the base to make it work. Top of the line (until 10/15 anyway) camera with a really sharp 50 year old lens equals great photo gear half of which is relatively ageless.
Exactly... Now if they would find a way to be the first manufacturer with not only exchangeable lenses, but also with exchageable sensors, (independantly from the lens) then they certainly would be on to something.