Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #31
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Bragging rights.
And viewfinder, and better resolving power, and cheaper lenses for an equivalent DOF...

10-02-2012, 01:03 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,332
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
And viewfinder, and better resolving power, and cheaper lenses for an equivalent DOF...
Yeah, OK, but aside from that, what did FF ever do for us?
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Why does anyone need a D600 now?
Personally I'm not a fan of the D600 myself, though the notion that more is better does come to mind(resolution, DR, color, pixel quality, DOF, etc).
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Yeah, OK, but aside from that, what did FF ever do for us?
The FA 31mm, 43mm and 77mm Limited. (currently can only enjoy about 40% of each)

10-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,336
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Yeah, OK, but aside from that, what did FF ever do for us?
It definitely didn't brought peace...
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,332
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
The FA 31mm, 43mm and 77mm Limited. (currently can only enjoy about 40% of each)
Now, you're being serious (hint: substitute "Romans" for "FF"). I really must stop these old cultural allusions.

If we are being serious, though, the D600 is more interesting to me than the monster D800, but mainly because of its size. Even so, the even smaller K-5IIs has greater interest to me as a value proposition. I can live with the dimmer viewfinder, and I don't find the DoF argument wholly persuasive against size, build and cost, as things stand, but, like others, I'd like to wait and see some RAW files before I'll think about parting with money for one.
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #37
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,332
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It definitely didn't brought peace...
Or aqueducts! Thank you, thank you.
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #38
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,418
QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
Moiré ?

If that is characteristic of the extent of moire, it's not much problem.

10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Photos: Albums
Posts: 158
The detail in the trees in the K-5 IIs shot is definitely better than that in the K-5 II shot, and better than what i get out of my K-5.
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #40
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Now, you're being serious (hint: substitute "Romans" for "FF"). I really must stop these old cultural allusions.

If we are being serious, though, the D600 is more interesting to me than the monster D800, but mainly because of its size. Even so, the even smaller K-5IIs has greater interest to me as a value proposition. I can live with the dimmer viewfinder, and I don't find the DoF argument wholly persuasive against size, build and cost, as things stand, but, like others, I'd like to wait and see some RAW files before I'll think about parting with money for one.
realized you weren't so serious only after posting.

agreed on the D600 re: size, but i think when Pentaxians are still here asking for FF it's because they want Pentax's take on FF, i.e. small and tough. people who need/want the real IQ benefits of FF over all other considerations (including their lens collections) are already in the process of leaving Pentax and this forum if they haven't already done so .
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #41
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,332
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
realized you weren't so serious only after posting.

agreed on the D600 re: size, but i think when Pentaxians are still here asking for FF it's because they want Pentax's take on FF, i.e. small and tough. people who need/want the real IQ benefits of FF over all other considerations (including their lens collections) are already in the process of leaving Pentax and this forum if they haven't already done so .
We do have a tendency to get rather over-committed in some discussions here (the 4/3rds versus APS-C arguments being a case in point, as well as the manifold APS-C versus FF arguments).

I whole-heartedly agree with your view on what those of us who stay with Pentax want in a 35mm sensor body. Mind you, it would be nice to have a DA*30/1.2 for those occasions where we could use a brighter viewfinder and narrower DoF, while we're waiting.
10-02-2012, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,332
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It definitely didn't brought peace...
Interesting concept, though. "Pax Fullframus": the peace brought about by having the FF sensor drive out all the competition. Maybe the Romans were onto something, after all.
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #43
Pentaxian
wizofoz's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, Outer east.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,655
'Pax Fullframus'


That's great Rob. I sputtered my cuppa.
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #44
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,795
I can spot moire from a mile off - and yes these samples from the K5IIs do have it, unfortunately the fact that these are out of camera processed JPG files means that it will probably look just as bad as every camera that doesn't have an AA filter.

I wish they had used better lenses for these sample shots, you know - like the FA and DA limited lenses. Zoom lenses just don't do it for me these days, I'm itching to see a portrait done with the FA77 @ f/1.8 on the K5IIs
10-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #45
PJ1
Site Supporter
PJ1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mosquito Creek, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,534
I cracked up too. Thanks, Rob.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k5ii and k5iis, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K5IIs sample? pinholecam Pentax News and Rumors 349 12-20-2012 12:00 PM
Samyang 24mm 1.4 (OFFICIAL SAMPLE PHOTOS) joe.penn Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 36 10-03-2012 07:07 PM
10 things to know about the K5II/K5IIs jpzk Pentax K-5 16 09-24-2012 05:33 AM
Nikon D3 ISO 3200 Official Sample vinzer Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 6 09-13-2007 11:10 AM
Scary Tokina 16-50/2.8 ATX Pro Official Sample Photos RiceHigh Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 29 03-08-2007 08:54 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top