Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Bombshell- New K25LR prototype photo

Hi all

Here is the first known photo of the hitherto secret K25LR prototype, which has been under rigorous development for many months. This fabulous 25MP DSLR has not one but TWO integral hand-grips with independent shutter releases, making the camera equally suitable for either left or right-handed photographers. Uniquely, this ground-breaking DSLR boasts both Left and Right sensors, explaining the LR moniker. The eyepiece surround includes a tiny cell that detects which eye the photographer is holding up to the viewfinder and this automatically selects the appropriate CMOS sensor. The R&D department were given free reign in this exciting project, hence the camera body not only has built-in Wi-fi, but Hi-fi too courtesy of the internal 10Gb MP3 player. This means that you can continue to take photographs, whilst listening to your favourite tracks on headphones via the silicon-sealed 3.5mm mini-jack socket. The uniquely designed range of matching water-resistant lenses each incorporate a patented supersonic vibration device, which totally prevents any moisture from adhering to the front element, making these optics ideal for use even in rainy conditions. This model is scheduled for future release at a date to be specified, but demand is expected to outstrip supply by a huge margin. Remember, you heard about it here first........

Best regards
Richard

Attached Images

02-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I would only consider it if it had Blue tooth wireless for the headphones, only 10 gig HD?
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it sounds really interesting for two-hand shooting (his and hers, his and hers.. grip). a real team-building machine

i do hope the weather sealed headphones will come soon to complete the line of weather sealed accesories (as everybody knows, your weather sealed equipment will be as sealed as the weakest point: the headphones, in this case, which regretably have no sealing, thus risking moisture infiltration by way of the photographers head)

the ultrasonic water-repelant is not such a bad idea, really. it did work in some all-terrain prototype made by renault long time ago (but than again, it had a 200horse power powerplant at least to suck energy from); it was used instead of windscreen whipers, if i remember correctly.

i see only one major flaw: i am ambidextrous, what will _i_ do?! i sure hope the buffer can handle shooting simultaneously from the two sensors/grips/eyes.. uh?

02-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And still no racing stripes, eh? Pffftt....If Pentax doesn't see fit to include racing stripes, then surely they are doomed.

02-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

And I heard I comes with the FA31 limited as the kit lens.
02-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No.... 2 of them. One for each sensor.
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What? No built in Blackberry? What if Pentax Forums wants to notify me someone has posted to my subscribed thread and I'm (God forbid) out shooting. I need to have my emails and cell calls.

That was for you James. I haven't a clue how you post so much. Do you sleep?

02-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

It also has VoIP client preinstalled so you can talk to your friends for free at any wireless AP.
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Are there any games? Like Tetris or Bejewled?
02-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi nex1

Re your question:
QuoteQuote:
Are there any games? Like Tetris or Bejewled?
I'm not entirely certain about that, but apparently the technical boffins are currently working on an optional plug-in terrestrial Freeview receiver, so that you can watch all the goals on 'Match of the Day' every Saturday night ! They tell me that the K25LR will probably come preloaded with 'Solitaire', which should help wile away a few hours when not much else is happening.......

Best regards
Richard

P.S. Unfortunately I can't tell you any more, as I'm bound by an NDA agreement. Thinking about it for a moment, I've probably said too much already........
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

There's also a Skype plugin, so you can keep in touch with your loved ones while you're away. It works in both CDMA and GSM networks, supporting GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, UMTS and EV-DOx1 (with optional grip)
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi nex1

Re your question:

I'm not entirely certain about that, but apparently the technical boffins are currently working on an optional plug-in terrestrial Freeview receiver, so that you can watch all the goals on 'Match of the Day' every Saturday night ! They tell me that the K25LR will probably come preloaded with 'Solitaire', which should help wile away a few hours when not much else is happening.......

Best regards
Richard

P.S. Unfortunately I can't tell you any more, as I'm bound by an NDA agreement. Thinking about it for a moment, I've probably said too much already........
I am not bothered about Match of the day, but if it can give me a live stream of Stockport County, with instant playback whilst I am at the Match so I can tell the ref off, I am interested.
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi offertonhatter

Re your comment about:

QuoteQuote:
Stockport County
My memory isn't quite what it used to be, but aren't they a women's Hockey team or something ?

Best regards
Richard
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
Busiko

What colours?

Confused...

As part of my photographing field kit I have a green Jacket with Yellow pockets. Which colour would you recommend the K25xx to be to go with it?
Thanks,
Rui
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Rui

Re your comment:
QuoteQuote:
I have a green Jacket with Yellow pockets
I'm afraid it sounds like your fashion sense is seriously WAY OFF, amigo ! In my opinion, it's time for an entirely new wardrobe.

Re the other problem:

QuoteQuote:
Which colour would you recommend the K25xx to be to go with it?
I'd start by seeking advice from your local custom paint shop, who might be able to dream up something suitably lurid to compliment your exquisite taste ! Hope this advice is of some help ?

Best regards
Richard