Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #61
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Cedar Quote
<snip>But despite your graphic, it's not the wrong forum. <snip>
lol, i dont think you got that.... i was poking fun at superfuzzy for getting on ennacac about getting off topic... as seen below in the quote... ::Edit:: wich im sure he will do the same with me for this post as well

QuoteOriginally posted by superfuzzy Quote
You ask a great question, but the title of this thread is " K20D Price drop" - not IQ quality of k20d. There are other threads much more on topic.

04-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #62
Igilligan

I am dense... what is a gold box offer

QuoteOriginally posted by Cedar Quote
FWIW: Amazon "Gold Box" offers

Pentax K20D (Body Only)
Special Gold Box Price: $1078.24 Free Shipping

Pentax K200D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
Special Gold Box Price: $672.48 Free Shipping
How do I get a gold box offer from amazon?

Thanks
04-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
How do I get a gold box offer from amazon?

Thanks
you probably
need to buy (or may be just browse/comment ?) once something related to Pentax
from Amazon... Amazon
then will remember your preferences and will be showing some relevant deals in your "gold box"...
04-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #64

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxbling Quote
lol, i dont think you got that.... i was poking fun at superfuzzy for getting on ennacac about getting off topic... as seen below in the quote... ::Edit:: wich im sure he will do the same with me for this post as well
One of the great things about Pentax Forums is that we all get along.

+1 on your posts, pentaxbling

Still nothing in my Amazon gold box.

04-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suggest that you not watch "deals" that distributors cut for large scale buyers (B & H ), but follow the exchange rate of the Yen vis a vis the US $. Distributors should buy when the Yen is low and the dollar is high(er). The way the dollar is now going on international markets, don't hold your breath for a big price drop. Make sense?
04-15-2008, 07:52 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suggest that you not watch "deals" that distributors cut for large scale buyers (B & H ), but follow the exchange rate of the Yen vis a vis the US $. Distributors should buy when the Yen is low and the dollar is high(er). The way the dollar is now going on international markets, don't hold your breath for a big price drop. Make sense?
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #67

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxbling Quote
lol, i dont think you got that.... i was poking fun at superfuzzy for getting on ennacac about getting off topic...
I figured my response worked equally well whether someone was actually offended about being called irresponsible... or was just being ironic about the general lack of flammability and asbestos needed here. Sorry it didn't convey.

The pic looks like a neighborhood/situation I have no desire to visit... even to photograph. A hostile place indeed.

And it's irresponsible to even suggest that this forum is like that. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, IMO one of the things that really sets this forum apart is the general atmosphere of civility here.

It's a good thing. And sadly a rare thing. Especially for on the Internet.

Last edited by Cedar; 04-15-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: shorter now
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #68
Veteran Member

If you check B&H or Adorama they are both now selling the K20D for $1,150. That is a price drop of $150. You need to add the item to your cart to see the lower price.
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
you probably
need to buy (or may be just browse/comment ?) once something related to Pentax from Amazon... Amazon then will remember your preferences and will be showing some relevant deals in your "gold box"...
That's what I did. For a fact. The following is all speculation however.

My Gold Box "quick pick" offers seem to mostly follow my purchases.

I purchased one Pentax mount lens from Amazon, which led to a Gold Box "quick pick" offer on another Pentax product... whose purchase led to a Gold Box "quick pick" offer on the K20D.

In reading each item's page there are often related products listed. I believe that buying (or possibly to a lesser extend "I own this" and rating the item) increase the chances of these items appearing in your recommendations page... which in turn increases the chance of these items appearing in your daily Gold Box offers.

You can even 'fine tune' this somewhat by visiting your "We have recommendations for you" link and removing items (and referrer items) you're not interested in.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Cedar; 04-15-2008 at 09:54 PM.
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #70

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
If you check B&H or Adorama they are both now selling the K20D for $1,150. That is a price drop of $150. You need to add the item to your cart to see the lower price.
That is impossible, and I can PROVE it!

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
It is my understanding the retail rage will not drop below $1190. US in 2008
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #71

Willoughby's is selling it for $1,105.00 along with two other vendors.

Tom
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #72
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by superfuzzy Quote
That is impossible, and I can PROVE it!
You are wrong. If you read the small letter of her affirmation, you will see that she was referring only to non-olympic years and Kits like the one of David Hasselhoff.
04-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I promised myself I wasn't going to jump in on this but can't help Pentax needs to hit about 7 million units this year and without a bottom entry level product they will be hard pressed to do that unless the K20D takes off big time.
Ken

That is big time indeed: 50% more than all makers (including Nikon and Canon) combined!
04-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #74
Veteran Member

B&H is indeed selling the K20D for $1,149.95 as of 4/16/2008. While the description page shows the original MSRP of $1,299.95, adding it to your cart results in the discounted price.
04-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Correction

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
That is big time indeed: 50% more than all makers (including Nikon and Canon) combined!
Got my zeros mixed up. Should have said 700,000 not 7 million.