Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PENTAX Demonstrates Host of New Products At PhotoPlus Expo 2012

Pentax has a large booth at the PhotoPlus Expo 2012, October 24-27, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. This gives our NYC friends an opportunity to get their hands on the new cameras and lenses.

Check out PENTAX Demonstrates Host of New Products At PhotoPlus Expo 2012 for more details

10-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I hope Pentax has a decent stand at the Photo and Film Expo starting in Johannesburg today at the Dome.
10-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Full Frame!!

Someone has to say it
10-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Full Frame!!

Someone has to say it
Yes, the amount of FF-hijacking has been depressingly low lately, I was beginning to think that everyone was out shooting with their new Nikons

10-18-2012, 12:26 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I was beginning to think that everyone was out shooting with their new Nikons
Excuse me, I prefer Leica.
10-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Chuckie Quote
I hope Pentax has a decent stand at the Photo and Film Expo starting in Johannesburg today at the Dome.
Does Pentax even have any marketing strategy in South Africa?
10-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Well it would be a very nice joke if Pentax now presented some completely new products in Johannesburg. It would eradicate any trust in any Pentax rumor, positive or negative, whatsoever.

10-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Pentax has a large booth at the PhotoPlus Expo 2012, October 24-27, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. This gives our NYC friends an opportunity to get their hands on the new cameras and lenses.

Check out PENTAX Demonstrates Host of New Products At PhotoPlus Expo 2012 for more details
It would be nice to get some reports back to those of us out here in the boomdocks and fly-over-country about....
  • Rebate coupons - nice touch - how much are they worth and on what products?
  • Since they are handing out rebates - this would be an opportunity for mere customers to directly engage Pentax USA on their #$%^& MAP pricing strategy. Maybe being able to directly ask Pentax USA why a re-badged Tamron lens is hundreds of dollars more than the same Tamron lens with a Pentax mount (and longer warranty)?
  • Did Pentax have any effective demonstrations (or information) on how much better AF is on the II and IIs?
  • Just how dark can the II and IIs operate in as compared to the K5 classic using the new -3ev based AF system?
  • Have any demonstrations or information how much more resolution the IIs can have over the II with loosing the AA filter?
  • Technical whitepapers on the above topics?
  • Printed images illustrating the differences on the above topics?
  • It would be nice to hear how the Pentax setup compared to Canon's, Nikon's, Olympus's, Fuji's, Leica's, etc. Was the Pentax pavilion effective in getting the message out or lame or ?????? 1,200 square feet is better than 2 tables pushed together in a hallway.
  • Folks may wish to point out to Pentax USA that long time Pentax Users have been selling off extensive lens collections and kits (e.g., multiple K5 bodies) here on the Marketplace since they are switching systems and abandoning Pentax.

I am sure that others have additional questions......

Last edited by interested_observer; 10-18-2012 at 01:45 AM.
10-18-2012, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

I believe they will be showing a combine harvester in order to keep that 'crop' factor neat and tidy.
10-18-2012, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

I would be more interested in the big picture than in the details.I would be looking to see whether the stand and any keynote presentations show a new owner and a new team full of enthusiasm and clearly in charge, determined to make some impact and find some new growth and determined to tell us all about it. This is a question of attitude and communication and it doesn't require 18 months of purdah while a corporate plan is worked out. If the overall picture is "business as usual", well ...
10-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
Banned

And just in the case that there is nothing new since Photo Kina make some pictures off the girls presenting the Pentax goodies
10-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #12

Pentax to have largest booth ever at Photoplus Show, NYC, October 24th

Photoplus Show News here, too:

PENTAX Demonstrates Host of New Products At PhotoPlus Expo 2012 - BroadcastNewsroom
10-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
the amount of FF-hijacking has been depressingly low lately, I was beginning to think that everyone was out shooting with their new Nikons
no, they still here, waiting tucked for the right moment to strike back.....
10-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Pentax had a reasonably large booth at the 2011 NYC Photoplus but not much to show. I'll be going again this year and will report back.
10-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jatcat Quote
QuoteQuote:
The show serves as an invaluable platform for professional photographers and enthusiasts alike to network and share their ideas and techniques, while offering PENTAX the opportunity to connect with our customers and prospects in a very personal and hands-on environment, said John Carlson, Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing, PENTAX.
I thought that we had heard that Pentax USA's customers were the few retail stores that sold the equipment and not the "end users" who actually bought the product$.

An interesting set of related key words to associate with the article. I have no idea as to how one would ever use these keywords to find this article, nor how these could be used to associate in anyway with Pentax. Then again maybe someone knows something that we don't about things? Pentax's new MAP pricing strategy associated with "restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, adult education, further education, religious education,culture and entertainment, economy, business and finance, financial and business service,culture and entertainment, economy, business and finance, financial and business service". I just found the entire set of keywords somewhat curious - at best......

QuoteQuote:
Related Keywords:restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, education, adult education, further education, religious education, synchronised technical routine, plastic art, photography, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), computing and information technology, hardware, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, c computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), electronics, identification technology, agricultural research and technology, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, computer crime, software
Related Sites: Digital Producer , Hollywood Industry , BN - Broadcast Newsroom , BN - HD , BN - Production , BN - Avid , VideoBasedTutorials