Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-01 drops by $200, K-30 by $50, Q by $150

Pentax has just slashed the prices of 3 camera in the US. Details here:

Pentax Camera Price Drops - November - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

These price drops will apply to all authorized retailers.

$346.95 = Pentax K-01 + Bag + Memory Case + 16Gb Card at Adorama

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
One of my current Pentax cameras is the K-01, yet I'll now be a second one - a yellow brick. Will possibly be even purchasing a third to give as a gift.

Some have been labeling the K-01 as a mistake. Yet I've used it in published work, work that appears in my gallery, and even my portfolio. But then again; if it is a mistake it won't be the first one by Pentax/Ricoh, nor will it be there last
11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Slightly different prices here in the UK but the trend is down. The K30 has just gone on a 50-pound cashback and over here is 319 ukp body-only including a free spare battery (514 USD roughly). For a camera of this calibre that's an almost insanely low price. You can buy two for less than the cost of a single K5 Classic (679 ukp) and for much less than the cost of a new K5II (799 ukp here).

The next few weeks will tell, but I'm wondering a little whether the latest pricing action may be related to extremely limited supplies worldwide of the K5II and K5IIs. Just a speculation. At the moment they are rare as hen's teeth where I live and after speaking to my dealer on the phone I am beginning to wonder if there will be enough around to make purchasing one in a b&m store possible other than by making a reservation in advance. It does make me wonder what is coming down the pike and just when.
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #4

Just ordered the K-01 from Adorama. Been on the fence. At $350 new...gotsa do it.

11-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Or maybe it was a test bed? Matches the K-5 on image quality (or so the review says) and has an image circle that would handle the FF sensor. The "brick" is almost the size of the DSLRs now. Plenty of room left to grow. Just add a live view EVF to go with the peak focussing and Pentax is on a winner way below the rest of the market.
NOTE - I am not a FF "wannabe". I just doubt that the K-01 was developed on a mere whim.
(But I suddenly seem to need one!)

Last edited by PJ1; 11-01-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Add final comment
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by KHatfull Quote
Just ordered the K-01 from Adorama. Been on the fence. At $350 new...gotsa do it.
Also, if you search Adorama there's a kit for the same price with a Lowepro bag, 16GB card, and misc. for the same price. Too funny.
11-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That bundle deal (Pentax K-01 Digital Camera Body Black - Bundle 16GB SD 15222 A) is definitely a good one. A lot of retailers do this in order to make up for MAP.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Too good! Adorama has my money and I know what I'm getting for Christmas!
11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Too good! Adorama has my money and I know what I'm getting for Christmas!
Christmas!? Halloween!!!
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hmmm...I'm already broke, but have been wanting a backup as well as one so my fiancé could learn how to use a DSLR....shut up and take my money 😃
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I wonder if they will be getting more stock after selling out or if this is the end of the K-01.
11-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
I wonder if they will be getting more stock after selling out or if this is the end of the K-01.
Crutchfield has them still.
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Adorama still shows bodies, kits, and combos in stock too.

pentax k-01 : Buy or Learn at Adorama

Mine supposedly delivers tomorrow by end of day. Can't wait to get it. Never held one....no Pentax on display here in Minneapolis-St. Paul at all.
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KHatfull Quote
Adorama still shows bodies, kits, and combos in stock too..
Not if you click on the items individually. you get this message from them

We ran out of this Item Temporarily.
Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.
We will not charge your card for any backordered items, until it is ready to actually ship.
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My email from Adorama says mine has shipped!