Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top Black Friday Pentax Gear

Statistics like these aren't something you see every day, but Pentax sure got their lenses moving again last weekend!

Looking back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What is amazing to me, and I think is to Pentax Japan, is the relationship between the sales of the K-5, II, and IIs. I know they thought the IIs was a niche player, but it's turning out to be the main attraction. They sure are clearing out the SDM and K-01's too!

Adam and B&H and Adorama are to be commended for convincing Pentax to allow a limited lifting of the Maximum Assured Pricing scheme. It is amazing what can happen when the market sets the prices. I am certain that B&H and Adorama did not loose money on these deals, but we all win because there were better prices, more units were sold, and more people are happy with Pentax and willing to be ambassadors for the brand.

Last edited by Docrwm; 11-27-2012 at 04:21 PM.
11-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I purchased TWO K-01s the day before the price drop, because I didn't know that the price WOULD drop. I emailed them on the day of the price drop to see if I could credit for it because I'd heard of them doing that before and this was their response:

"The current selling price for this item is $346.95 the same as you paid, Our price adjustment policy is the same as our return policy which is 30 days from the original purchase date. we will issue a refund if the price drops within 30 days of the purchase date but we will not issue a refund if the price had a one day special such as Black Friday. we do not consider it as a price drop."

But the price has not risen back to $346.95 - so do you guys reckon I'd have a case to contact them again?

Last edited by Quazimoto; 11-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.
11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Forum Member

Pentax releases their sales figures?

11-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote
I purchased TWO K-01s the day before the price drop, because I didn't know that the price WOULD drop. I emailed them on the day of the price drop to see if I could credit for it because I'd heard of them doing that before and this was their response:

"The current selling price for this item is $346.95 the same as you paid, Our price adjustment policy is the same as our return policy which is 30 days from the original purchase date. we will issue a refund if the price drops within 30 days of the purchase date but we will not issue a refund if the price had a one day special such as Black Friday. we do not consider it as a price drop."

But the price has no risen but to $346.95 - so do you guys reckon I'd have a case to contact them again?
If it's not too costly I'd call them and speak with them on the phone. We already have at least one report of a price match on the K-5IIs that someone got on the phone.
11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoman1 Quote
Pentax releases their sales figures?
No, but we're helping them out here

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you know the official figures? Was a survey done by PF to generate this graph?
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoman1 Quote
Do you know the official figures? Was a survey done by PF to generate this graph?
If you click through PF to Adorama or B&H then PF gets a small percentage to support the forums operating costs. Those numbers are available to Adam without any special info from either seller, he's told us that in the past. Perhaps since he's been working VERY closely with the seller at B&H, and perhaps Adorama too, they have given him more #s than normal?
11-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote

But the price has not risen back to $346.95 - so do you guys reckon I'd have a case to contact them again?

If I were in your situation, I'd have asked nicely on the phone. If they said no then I'd have returned them and then re-purchased at the lower price if the restock fee was less than the the difference of the price drop.
11-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If I were in your situation, I'd have asked nicely on the phone. If they said no then I'd have returned them and then re-purchased at the lower price if the restock fee was less than the the difference of the price drop.
But would I have to send it back?
Because I'm in Australia, so the postage itself is $60.
11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Inactive Account

I own most of the gear that sold well on Black Friday. The 50-135 is the pick of this litter in my experience so it is reassuring to see that it was the best seller.
11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would of thought that the top seller would have been the Pentax Warranty. At $20 it should have been the K-01 + K5IIs + K5II + K5.

11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I would of thought that the top seller would have been the Pentax Warranty. At $20 it should have been the K-01 + K5IIs + K5II + K5.

It's kinda obscure on their websites. It's almost as if you have to know it exists to get it. They make more on the Mack and other non-OEM warranty sales. Still, I'm impressed that it made it as high as it did even if there ought to be a Body:Extended Warranty 1:1 relationship.
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #15

I would have bought a K-5IIs had they not sold out.