Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Big special at Henry's for the K-5 with the DA 18-135 for $999
This is a graet deal
PENTAX K-5 D-SLR W/18-135 WR (BLACK) 14776
Damn. If had waited two years I could have saved $650.

12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Wish I knew...I would of gone to a Henry's.
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Upon reading this, I was actually more shocked Pentax has representatives!
As was noted here last month, Pentax (in US, at least) was hiring seasonal temps through an agency. So ... this arrangement may be temporary but it's wonderful that it happened at all.
12-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So did anybody go?

12-02-2012, 05:29 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Come on now it's not that bad. I had to go down to sign some papers a while ago Went down signed the papers, and drove home... I couldn't get out fast enough. And I lived there for 20 years. But a root canal? It does have it's advantages, it's over faster, but Toronto is more irritating than painful.

I talked to the Pentax Reps at EXPOsure, while I liked trying out the lenses, they had the 16-50, 15 ltd, and 31 ltd there, but I'm not sure apart from that if was cool or not. Kind of like talking to a sales rep who happens to sell Pentax. I'm not sure I'm a fan of talking to any sales reps for anything. Now if they would have given me some free stuff it would have been better. Isn't that what sales reps are supposed to do?

They did let me play with the 645D but that is so far away from my budget, it was like handling the Queen's jewels, you write and tell everyone you got to touch them.

A little lens cleaning both with the Pentax logo on it or a teeny tiny little case to strap an extra memory card on my camera strap with the Pentax logo. Free stuff. That's what people want from sales reps.
QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
I saw it on the Henrys website...not sure if it's anywhere else.

I bought my Pentax from them because I like to support brick and mortar stores, but have complained to my local store about how they almost hide the Pentax products instead of displaying them. For months they had no K-30 on display, you had to ask to see it and they seemed almost annoyed! I told them that it is a potential big seller and they are only hurting themselves. One sales person did conceed that he thought it was the best deal out there in DSLR world.
Classic Sunday morning find bummer. Would have liked to go, especially since Henry's/Pentax have had my K-7 for service for the last few weeks..

I have bought a few things through Henry's over the years, their price matching (over an extended period when you buy a warranty) saved me a good whack of money. I don't know if I agree with the "Pentax in the corner", I frequent the Mississauga (where I find the staff Pentax knowledgeable), Barrie, and (too close to my home) Brampton stores. All have decent Pentax displays.

I have noticed that they have a problem keeping stuff in store from any brand when the demand is hot.

Oh, and 6 and a half years in Mississauga and Brampton, and one day I'm sure I'll go postal with the traffic. It's not that people go fast (they do), it's just that there is a lot of people, and they all seem to be on the phone!

Last edited by Clarkey; 12-02-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: cars...
12-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
I only know of the one in St. John's on Stavanger Drive, which is the only one listed on Henry's website. I was referring to Toronto (T.O. = Toronto, Ontario). The store at the corner of Queen and Church streets in Toronto is the original Henry's store and was the sole Henry's store for decades (and the one I intially shopped at when I lived there, then moved to Mississauga and shopped at the Henry's store there).
Ah yes, I should have clued into that. (T.O.)
Anyways I dropped-in at Henry's last night, there wasn't much going on at all tbh.
Played around with a Sony A99 for about an hour before calling it a night.